We stayed here a week in October. Very cosy hostel, very comfortable, didn't feel cramped at any point. Very helpful staff with mini shop behind the reception, handy if you (like me) forgot that mountains don't host supermarkets. Shame about the cost, but what do you expect. Beds very warm at night, only noise comes from outside (particularly if stormy). Kitchen very big, plenty of room for people to prepare meals, as was the dining room. Overall very comfortable, quiet stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to YHA Mt Cook! Our beautiful alpine lodge in the Heart of Aoraki / Mt Cook National Park is the perfect base to explore and experience New Zealand's Southern Alps. Enjoy the natural beauty of the area by taking walks suitable for all ages and abilities. Kayaking, Skiing, Boating, Flying and Stargazing are all activities that can be enjoyed here in Aoraki / Mt Cook, as well as comfortable dining in the village's cafes and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your YHA Aoraki Mt Cook reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yha Mt. Cook Hotel Mt. Cook Village
- YHA Aoraki Mt Cook New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village