I loved this hotel for quite a few reasons. Firstly, we arrived here really late beacuse we drove down all the way from Christchurch and stopped at Lake Tekapo on our way over. We still found our key left at the reception for us. The room was small yet very cosy and comfortable.
Secondly, the view was just phenomenal. We could see the snow capped mountains towering above right in front of us. It was a view to die for! Also, The Hermitage was just a 5-minute walk away and we strolled over to book our activities for the next day.
Thirdly, I loved the huge communal kitchen. There was so much crocklery and cutlery and such ample space that it was very comfortable. We cooked both our dinner and the next day's breakfast there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Aoraki Mount Cook Village our accommodation is designed to meet the needs of the budget conscious traveller whilst providing the highest standard of service, cleanliness and comfort.We have 16 ensuite rooms, 24 hr onsite management, reception open 830am-800pm daily with 24hour check in available. Free WiFi is included in the room rate as is free off street parking onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aoraki Mount Cook Alpine Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aoraki Mount Cook Alpine Hotel Mt. Cook Village
- Aoraki Mt Cook Alpine Hotel
- Aoraki Mount Cook Alpine Lodge New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village