“Friends Catch up”

Cuisines: New Zealand
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

I haven't been to the Station for ages & the return visit was great. The food was excellent & the service very good. We had 3 children with us & they were served first which was great. Thank you to The Station, I will be back.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Second time we've been here. Food is an interesting mix of flavours, tasty but not sure if some of the combinations work.
Lovely location in an old railway station. The service let them down. Admittedly there was a large party in on the night we were there but we still had to wait nearly an hour for our main meals (bread and hummus were provided). We were going to have desserts but didn't fancy another wait.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I dined at The Station on a recent visit to New Zealand on the recommendation of a friend who had told me great things about this restaurant. I was blown away by the outstanding food and excellent service and can't wait to come back here again. I was surprised to see the negative comments of a previous reviewer as my experience of this restaurant couldn't have been more different. The staff were friendly and went out of their way to make sure we were happy with everything and the food was of the highest quality. I had the pleasure to speak to the chef/owner and was interested to hear that he had worked in a couple of prestigious london restaurants before returning to New Zealand. Can't recommend highly enough!

Reviewed 6 July 2013

The food is always to the highest standard, they run a small menu which changes seasonly so check what's on it before you go! Ample parking and a nice atmosphere

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Stumbled upon this restaurant while out for an early Sunday morning walk around the haunts where I grew up. Delicious omelette, great coffee. The decor reflects the historical nature of the building. The chef understood my zany humour when I asked for a ticket to Amberley.
I'll make it a must when I next visit.

1  Thank Bebe M