“A Fantastic Dining Experience”
Review of Capones Licensed Restaurant - CLOSED

Capones Licensed Restaurant
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Dined here with my wife and a cousin recently - a Fantastic experience with GREAT food.

Between a shared appetiser, 3 mains (lamb, beef and venison) and 3 desserts (sticky date, crème brûlée and Chocolate Cake), there wasn't a bad plate amongst them all.

A very pleasant evening and dinner.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We dined here on a Thursday evening. There was a large group near where we to be seated, but we were offered another table upon entry in case it would be too noisy. The service was fantastic, attentive and polite and the staff were lovely. I ordered a Duck Salad with mango and avocado with a star anise dressing (starter size) as my main and it was beautifully presented and the flavours worked really nicely together. My partner ordered the Fish of the day which was again presented beautifully and couldn't be faulted.
For dessert we ordered the White Chocolate & Baileys Cheesecake for him, and for me the Mixture of Sorbets. Both were of a great size, the sorbets presented in a giant martini glass. Both desserts were delicious.
This dining experience was, without doubt, one of the best we've ever had. We could not find a thing to fault them on, and in fact found ourselves asking if they'd charged us enough, as it was so reasonable!
A highly recommended restaurant, with a great story and even better food & service!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Finally getting around to writing a review! We had a large family group booked in for dinner in September for my Dads 8oth, so a varied age group and tastes. Everyone enjoyed their meal and we were really pleased with the service and attention. Meals generous so kept the boys happy especially, and I was really surprised my mum finshed her whole meal as well! Obviously really tasty. Hostess very gracious when we all decided to pay our own part of the bill!!!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

The service is friendly and attentive. The food is of top quality in freshness and with a nice range of choices for both entrees and mains. All mains are in the $30 -$38 range but well worth the price ! We shared an hot seafood medley entree and were pleased we did because the mains are so generous we had no room for a dessert ! There is a good selection of wines - on average a little expensive by the glass.

Capones is a place we visit for special occasions or when you'd like to try something you probably couldn't or wouldn't cook at home.

Recommended - we shall return !

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Arrived very late on a Tuesday night expecting to be turned away, but we were welcomed and not hurried at all, even after we had finished and everyone else, bar the chef and waitress, had left.
The food was very well presented and meat was served in hefty portions, thankfully we had just opted for main courses.
The lamb was cooked to perfection, nice and pink, veges though minimal (no room for more!) very tasty. Good choice of wine, also by the glass, although wine matches shown on menu were no longer available.
I enjoyed the meal so much I returned the following night. This time opting for two starters, the crispy duck salad was delicious, duck cooked again to perfection, and a good sized portion. I opted for the hot prawn starter as well, but the waitress must have misunderstood and charged me for a main size portion which I didn't realise until back at my motel. The prawns were the only disappointment, tasty but no salad or accompaniments, which would be fine for a starter, but a bit pricey as a main at $36!
However, I will return again as the pluses far outweigh this slip, and I may mention it then!