“Just a bit different” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Capones Licensed Restaurant - CLOSED

Capones Licensed Restaurant
Cuisines: European, New Zealand
Good for: Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rangiora, New Zealand
“Just a bit different”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

A nice wee restaurant offering good but pretty much standard food - but in interesting surroundings. Capones is a themed restaurant with everything based on the old gangsters. Interesting history lesson in the menu.
Creme Brûlée is first rate!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Great quality as always”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Surprisingly quiet for a Friday night..... My partner orderd the prawns and I ordered the duck salad, which I had not tried before. It was very tasty and my partner always enjoys the prawns there. Our steaks were great as always and the creme brulee light enough to finish off without feel swamped. My only complaint is that this restaurant does not change its menu often enough, as we are fairly regulars and have tried most main courses and entrees now and feel it would be nice to give regulars something different to try....

• Visited May 2014
Caledonia, Mi
“A Fantastic Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Dined here with my wife and a cousin recently - a Fantastic experience with GREAT food.

Between a shared appetiser, 3 mains (lamb, beef and venison) and 3 desserts (sticky date, crème brûlée and Chocolate Cake), there wasn't a bad plate amongst them all.

A very pleasant evening and dinner.

• Visited March 2014
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Fantastic - couldn't be faulted!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

We dined here on a Thursday evening. There was a large group near where we to be seated, but we were offered another table upon entry in case it would be too noisy. The service was fantastic, attentive and polite and the staff were lovely. I ordered a Duck Salad with mango and avocado with a star anise dressing (starter size) as my main and it was beautifully presented and the flavours worked really nicely together. My partner ordered the Fish of the day which was again presented beautifully and couldn't be faulted.
For dessert we ordered the White Chocolate & Baileys Cheesecake for him, and for me the Mixture of Sorbets. Both were of a great size, the sorbets presented in a giant martini glass. Both desserts were delicious.
This dining experience was, without doubt, one of the best we've ever had. We could not find a thing to fault them on, and in fact found ourselves asking if they'd charged us enough, as it was so reasonable!
A highly recommended restaurant, with a great story and even better food & service!

• Visited December 2013
Kaikoura, New Zealand
“Great birthday celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Finally getting around to writing a review! We had a large family group booked in for dinner in September for my Dads 8oth, so a varied age group and tastes. Everyone enjoyed their meal and we were really pleased with the service and attention. Meals generous so kept the boys happy especially, and I was really surprised my mum finshed her whole meal as well! Obviously really tasty. Hostess very gracious when we all decided to pay our own part of the bill!!!

• Visited September 2013