“Working party in Temuka”
Review of Phoenix Motel

Phoenix Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Temuka
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Recently, our company sent 5 staff down to Temuka (of which I was one) to do some work at a local food processing plant. The work consisted of 12 hour working days covering both day and night shift. The Phoenix Motel was picked for its relative proximity to the processing site and the fact that it was one of the newer facilities in the area.
All the BPO Ltd staff really enjoyed their stay at the Phoenix, Clare and Baden were very flexible around those people who were sleeping during the day, and happily made arrangements for the team to have lunches to take to work and for laundry facilities to be available.
When we work down in this region again, the Phoenix Motel will be our first choice in accommodation. Pity help the BPO Ltd staff member booking if they cannot get everyone in there!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Clarek_11, Owner at Phoenix Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Hi Geoff
Thankyou for taking the time to write a review on the Phoenix Motel. Both Baden and I thoroughly enjoyed having you all here and looking forward to seeing you all again next year.
I'll get myself prepared again for all those lunch's ! :) Cheers Clare

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Well done guy's. (whoops and Gal's.!) My occupation takes me all around the country, and for what it is worth overseas and so I have seen the inside of more motels-hotels than I care to mention. I don't write many reviews however occasionally a stay at a motel is memorable and it leaves an impression. How is it that some people (Motels) can get it so very, very, right and some get it so very wrong.
When I pulled into the Motel car park (large parking bays) my first thoughts were of the traffic noise from the motel being just off the Main Rd South. Windows are double glazed so the noise is shut out and was not a problem, however my preference is for fresh air, and so I like my windows open, even in the middle of winter (strange I know) however I had a wonderful sleep and a spectacularly comfortable Bed. The road noise does not seem to penetrate.
The owners, Clare and Bayden are ever so friendly and you feel very much at home from the moment you arrive. Clare and Bayden have done it so Very Very right.
Thanks for the efforts you put into your business. Your motel is right at the top of my list.

Leigh Scott Machinery Ltd.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Clarek_11, Owner at Phoenix Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Hi
Thankyou so much for your review it is awesome!! We are new to this industry and pleased we are making people happy. We really love it here and running this business and I quess that makes a difference as well. Hope to see you back again here soon. Have a great day and thanks once again. Clare and Baden King

Reviewed 15 July 2013

The Phoenix motel is more than the average motel. The rooms are modern and well laid out. They are spotless and don't have that typical motel smell about them. The windows are double glazed so there is no traffic noise and are very warm. We didn't need the heater on even though there was a -2 degree frost outside. What really makes this place is the hospitality of Clare and Baden - awesome people to get to know. We will definitely be back to try out Baden's salmon safari adventures and catch up with Clare's great photography. Thanks for the memorable weekend and for showing us what real snow is!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Clarek_11, Owner at Phoenix Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Hi Jo

It was great to have you both stay at our Motel and thanks for making the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. The day trip to Roundhill/Tekapo was a wonderful day and we were very happy to show you both around. I have posted most of the photos on our Facebook Phoenix Motel page and also our Outback Salmon Safari Facebook page. Please check them out!! Hope to see you back here again. Take care and all the best. Clare and Baden.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed at the Phoenix motel for 4 nights while in town visiting relatives. From the get-go Clare & Bayden, the owners, were absolutely fantastic! Friendly and accommodating, they were both lovely. We stayed in a two bedroom room with spa bath and it was perfect for our needs. The rooms and living/dining room were huge and had everything that we needed. Importantly, it was very clean and tidy and the beds were very comfortable. If you're ever in Temuka/Timaru and need somewhere to stay I would definitely recommend the Phoenix.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Clarek_11, Owner at Phoenix Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Hi Alex

Thanks for the great review! It was a pleasure to meet you both and hope to see you back here again. Take care and all the best. Clare and Baden

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Stayed here overnight to break my journey from Dunedin to Christchurch. Very modern motel. Bed was very comfortable and I was I impressed with the high standard of cleanliness. Motel is owner operated which really makes a difference.There were some amazing mounted photos on the wall which were taken by Clare the owner. I am interested in photography so had a chat with her and she showed me some of her other work. Wow she is some photographer! Her artwork is for sale and I would recommend taking a piece of Canterbury home with you. If it won't fit in your luggage she might even it post it to you. Baden was very friendly and helpful with directions and things to do while holidaying in that part of the country. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Clarek_11, Owner at Phoenix Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Hi Anne

Thanks for choosing Phoenix Motels we are very proud of our complex and being new owners want to make sure our clients stay is happy. Thankyou for your kind review and great to talk photography with another keen photographer. We had another client here Ben who also left a great review and we talked photography for ages!! And yes I have thought about having my photos in reception for sale. Hope to see you back here again soon. Cheers Clare

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Arriving in Temuka from the Gold Coast after a bad experience of loosing our luggage in transit, Clair and Braden went out of their way to rectify our problem.

With their help our luggage was sent down from CHCH to the motel without due fuss.

We found the motel to be extremely warm and inviting just like the hosts.

My husband was very taken with Bradens new Salmon safaris venture and we will be making sure we return to NZ in the right season to experience this opportunity.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Clarek_11, Owner at Phoenix Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Hi Col!
You did have a bad start! Pleased we could help out with the baggage but that's what we are here for! See you both in the Salmon Season which starts in November, Baden has had quiet a few bookings already. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip around the South Island but I am sure you would of. Nice to meet you both and thank you for the great review. Cheers Clare and Baden

Reviewed 14 May 2013

On our arrival we were welcomed warmly by Clare and Baden our hosts. Our unit was exceptionally clean and spacious, we were most impressed with the beautiful photography artwork that Clare had done, it made our room feel homely and was a nice personal touch. It was the first time we have stayed in Temuka and we were impressed with the value for money. Look forward to staying again!

Sue and Andrew

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Clarek_11, Manager at Phoenix Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Hi Sue
So nice to meet the two of you and hope you are able to come back again. Thanks for the review. We like to see our customers leaving happy! Cheers Clare and Baden

Also consider these accommodations in or near Temuka
11 mi away
#2 of 5 in Geraldine
Black on Grey Motel
Black on Grey Motel
#3 of 5 in Geraldine

Been to Phoenix Motel? Share your experiences!