“Best Hotel I've ever stayed at”
Review of Hotel Post

Hotel Post
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bezau
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Our stay at the Hotel Post was the best wedding gift we could have asked for. It was perfection! The spa treatment was divine, the beds were so comfortable, and the sauna area was impeccably clean. Overall I loved the tranquility of the place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Post

Reviewed 12 January 2014

My love and I spent two very relaxing as well as active days at Hotel Post and enjoyed the hotel very much. The hospitality at the front desk and in the restaurant was really nice and we enjoyed the service and room facilities. The spa is also quite characteristic and very nature related with local plants and remedies which was nice.

We would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We went to Hotel Post on a recommendation by a friend. It must be said that all the staff (from Reception to Bar, Restaurant and Spa) were very friendly and helpful and the food we enjoyed was very good. So were the two treatments we had included in our package (a facial and a indian massage called Arkaya Deepa Massage. What we did not like so much were the rooms and pillows: my partner said, it felt like staying in a luxury hospital. I would have expected some Alpenchic elements to make the room more cosy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2013

The hotel post is a very authentic yet modern design hotel located in a beautiful setting. We stayed for 3 nights for a wellness & spa weekend and enjoyed every bit. To highlight is the excellent spa and wellness area plus the gourmet restaurant. We chose a room in the new annex building which are very modern with a clean design (only negative there is that the rooms are not that soundproof). It is not cheap but you get good value for it. For the ones searching for outside activities the hotel has a lot of choices as well (big ski resort just a 5min drive by car or bus).

Room Tip: choose a room in the newer part called "Westhaus"
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TobiasWo
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Post for several days on a business trip during October 2012. I only wish I could have stayed longer and had my wife come over to join me; I rarely get to stay in such beautiful surroundings for customer meetings!

From check-in to check-out I enjoyed great service, excellent food and modern gym/spa facilities. The scenery was simply stunning; sweeping mountains and rivers, verdant forests and twisting alpine roads - it really was 'picture postcard perfect'. I imagine the hotel and surrounding village would look even more picturesque in snow.

The pool/spa facilities were immaculate and professionally managed; most employees seemed to speak at least 3 language and could converse with any guest who came in. The quality of the breakfast, lunch and dinner that I sampled was excellent, with a wide range of choice.

My budget priced room was reasonably sized with plenty of natural light and several wooden framed windows that I could open/adjust freely; this enabled me to enjoy the wonderful alpine air and the extended church bells in the morning. The style of my room was 'Scandanivian-chalet' (i.e. lots of wood) and very functional in design; Internet access was included in my tariff.

Would I go back? Absolutely...

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We ended up here by accident. We booked a hotel named Post and we got the town wrong.

At 11.30 at night we finally got to Bezau by a redirected bus. We soon found out from the lady at the reception we had booked another hotel in a different town, but she made a room available for us and helped us very kindly.

The room was lovely. The whole hotel is made from natural materials and very comfortable. The bed was so nice and soft.. We slept like a baby.

The next morning we really found out where we ended up that evening as the view we awoke to was beautiful and we had a brilliant breakfast which was part buffet and part served by people wearing traditional clothing.

After checkout we were allowed to use the swimming pool, whirlpool and salt water pool. It was truly the best hotel stay ever.

The price is a little over our budget so I'm not sure I can ever return there again, but I feel the price was very reasonable for the amount of service this amazing hotel offers.

Also important to tell is that the surroundings of the hotel are stunning. We stayed in the village for a while during the day and had a great walk. There are many meadows in which cows graze and they wear bells like you sometimes see in pictures. Also there was a steam train running on Sundays. We were allowed to see the depot of the trains and took many pictures there. I almost felt sad to leave again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 January 2012

The hotel claims to enjoy a long tradition of being an expert in welcoming and spoiling its guests. We checked out from the hotel with a great range of disappointments in exchange of a big amount of money.
The junior suite we originally booked does not merit its name. On the web page of the hotel, a separate living area is claimed which resulted to be a small corner beside the room, not welcoming at all to hang out. Upon inquiry, a friendly receptionist offered us a very nice, comfortable and tastefully decorated suite for an up-price of 20€ p.p. and night.
We booked a half-board package including breakfast (very tasty), tee and coffee in the afternoon and dinner. The service staff in the restaurant seemed to be not educated professionals. Even though each room has a fixed table in the restaurant (which was not communicated in advance) none of the service personal felt responsible for showing us our table. We waited in the corridor of the restaurant (no reception in the restaurant) for quite a long time without even being greeted by the staff. As we finally were shown our table we waited for another 30min (!!) before we even got a glass of water. The responsible staff did not show her regret being so late and even wanted us to get our bread by ourselves at the counter. This was just the beginning of our dinner. The food is not of a special quality neither. Such a service is only allowed in a simple hotel, which does not claim its long tradition of hospitality as the Post Hotel does. The price of the half-board does not correspond at all to the quality you receive in the end.
In a separate room of the same restaurant, you find the gourmet restaurant Irma. For this restaurant, you have to pay extra if you have booked a normal half-board package but it is definitely worth it. The food seems to come from the same kitchen and the service staff belongs to the half-board restaurant as well but here, everything was as it should be in this price class: service was very attentive and good and the food was great. What I do not understand is, why they do not offer this quality of service in the half-board restaurant as well, if they are able to do so.
During checkout the receptionist asked about our stay. I mentioned our disappointments in the restaurant and that this experience influenced our stay quite negatively. The answer was “I will forward the comment that your stay was not perfect”. Actually, the stay was not “not perfect” but “not good!”. Again, we would consider the service as OK if they would not charge the price they do and if they would not claim their long tradition of high quality hospitality.
The biggest disappointment however was after checkout. I received a questionnaire of several pages by mail, which I filled out mentioning all the details: not only the negative experience but also the positive ones about the nice suite and the good quality SPA. I never received any statement or feedback from the hotel on my comments. I expect from a higher-class hotel to take time to analyze the comments of the guests and to give a statement. Especially then, if the guest was not fully satisfied and the hotel does have something to review and to improve.
To conclude: I do not recommend this hotel at all. The professional service they claim to have is only superficial and they do not seem to have the pride to offer the best service to make their guests truly feel good.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank samarkanski
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bezau
die Sonnigen - Hotel, Appartements und Familienspass
Gasthof Hotel Hubertus
Hotel Baeren
Hotel Baeren
#2 of 3 in Mellau

Been to Hotel Post? Share your experiences!