“Lovely B&B”

Ranked #2 of 5 Baslow B&B and Inns
Bangkok
“Lovely B&B”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here for two nights last week and it was absolutely idyllic. Lovely room, very clean with a stunning view into Chatsworth Park. Christine and Clive work very hard to make sure everything you need is at hand. Breakfast was great with a good selection of locally sourced produce, do try Christine's home-made fruit compote! For the walkers you have direct access to Chatsworth Park and in the evening do try the Devonshire Arms in the village, recommended by Christine and it was delicious. Will definitely recommend to all our friends and hopefully be back soon!

Room Tip: Only three rooms so anyone is good!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rosslyn M

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I got married here recently, and we stayed for a few extra days afterwards. It was absolutely brilliant - a perfect place to get away from it all on the edge of the chatsworth estate. For walkers, it's an excellent hub point for many excellent excursions into the peaks (check out the nearby neolithic rock art), the food was great - heart shaped eggs! - and the rooms were warm, comfortable and romantic. I couldn't have had a better time and will be recommending it to all our friends.

Clive and Christine were great, both in helping us plan our wedding (hey guys! Get married here!) and as brilliant hosts. Definitely do stay here if you're coming to derbyshire - you won't find better!

Twickenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Lovely b&b in a great location. The views from my room (twin room) overlooked the garden and the Chatsworth Estate. Christine, the owner was really welcoming and friendly. She kindly accommodated my late arrival too. Had a lovely cooked breakfast with produce from the Chatsworth farm shop.

Would recommend this b&b for easy access to Chatsworth and the surrounding area. I wish I'd had more time to so spend here, especially to take advantage of the garden.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jules1676
Southend on Sea
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This secret escape is on the edge of the Chatsworth House estate, about a one mile walk across the park to the House itself. We were greeted by our host Christine and shown to our room, the was the small double, which overlooked the garden and the park with cattle, sheep and deer
The next morning we went down for the full English breakfast, cooked on the AGA, including wonderful Chatsworh smoked bacon and their pork/chive sausages. Do try Christine's fruit compote, its delicious.
We unfortunately had to cut short our stay but fully intend to return. Christine and Clive thanks for a wonderful Secret Escape!

1 Thank Tony H
Yorkshire
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Arrived in the pouring rain but could still see what a gem of a B and B Heathy Lee was going to be and from the minute Jackie warmly greeted myself and my friend (who wasn't staying but had arrived before me to kindly take me out for a meal) I felt very lucky to have found such a wonderful place to stay. My room was very tastefully furnished with lovely views of a gurgling brook. I slept really well and breakfast was absolutely perfect, especially with such a fantastic view from the window, Jackie very generously gave me an unexpected discount on my room - which not only made my day but also highlighted what a kind and caring person she is. On checking out, I asked if I could leave my car in their much appreciated, well maintained car-parking area whilst I went for a fabulous walk round Chatsworth and Jackie not only agreed to this but also said it was fine for me to pop back in and use the loo before leaving, if I needed to. Hostess with the most-est and a gorgeous property with an absolutely idyllic venue. I've already tried to book again but not surprisingly Heathy Lee was full! I'll keep trying!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Affable_Guest
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed 1 night here but on reflection 2-3 days would have been better.
The location of the accommodation is so peaceful and the landscape all round is very very pretty.
Good off road parking in the confines of the property. Important if you are touring and don't want to drag all the luggage out each stop.
On arrival we met Caroline who was very helpful and really had good rapport with the other guests.
Our room was a double with easy chairs and an en-suite bathroom with shower over the bath.
The view from both rooms was delightful,unbroken scenery across Chatsworth Park.
The breakfast,all cooked in the Arga so NO grease,was huge, the breakfast not the Arga.The choice of cereals, fruit and yoghurt was good, but go for the real thing and forget the waistline.
We were very lucky and had glorious weather so a stroll across the Park before breakfast certainly made us realise that we still have wonderful unspoilt countryside on our doorstep.
Very clean,well maintained accommodation and the bed was very comfortable.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We had the double which was a good size, cannot comment on the other rooms.
1 Thank Joshllhasa
Urbandale, Iowa
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This small (3 bedrooms) B&B is in a house dating back to the 17th century. It sits just inside Chatsworth Park. Needless to say, the views are gorgeous. Heathy Lea is run by Jackie and Clive who are helpful, knowledgeable and really want you to enjoy your stay. Breakfast is fabulous! The rooms are well equipped and the bathroom (shower / tube) is fine. Chatsworth Park is my second favorite run - through the park, past the house, up to the stables and off to the road. Heathy Lea books up quickly, so reserve early.

Room Tip: Room #1 is the largest.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pinotpomeroy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Baslow
Cavendish Hotel
Casa Hotel
Casa Hotel
#2 of 15 in Chesterfield
Devonshire Arms at Pilsley

Been to Heathy Lea Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!