“Great Location, Wonderful Staff”
Review of Le Deserteur Hotel

Le Deserteur Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Nendaz
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Le Deserteur Hotel was close to the lift in Nendaz and close to the bus stop to get to the other mountains. They had complimentary breakfast every morning and the coffee was great! The manager of the hotel spoke English and was very accommodating to us! She found out it was our honeymoon and gave us a bottle of Red wine as a souvenir, it was labeled as Le Deserteur wine. We had a balcony and a nice view of Nendaz. TIP: To get here don't take a cab from the train station as it is too expensive, 70 Euros = 100 US dollars. Make sure you get Francs while in Switzerland as we had a hard time using our AMEX. Most places take Visa or MasterCard. The bus down to the train station only takes cash, no credit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Le Deserteur Hotel

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I have stayed at Le Deserteur 4 times now in the last two winters and have thoroughly enjoyed each time - in no small part due to the friendliness and helpfulness of Fiona and her staff.
The hotel is very comfortable, clean and warm in all respects. The meals are perfectly adequate,tasty and varied. There is plenty to do in the local area and the hotel, with its very pleasant lounge and its bar hold more than enough interest for everyone.
I thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: I enjoy the 'front balcony' rooms; though those at the rear overlook a very scenic valley
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank rasm127
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I booked with the Ski Club of GB for a week’s skiing, 11 to 18 Jan 2014. My group was 14 single travellers - 11 men and 3 ladies plus Ski Rep - but there were other parties staying throughout the week, who were mostly not from the UK , so the hotel had a nice cosmopolitan atmosphere. My room was very spacious and so were the main areas too: large dining room with terrific views down the valley, lovely bar with a wood burning stove in the corner and a very comfortable TV lounge with lovely soft seating all way round the room. We had great set 3 course meals in the evening and the buffet breakfasts were also terrific with lots of choice and a waitress on hand all the time to make sure you had everything you needed. I especially liked the coffee. All the staff were pleasant and helpful but I must make a special mention of the manager Fiona Cave who made sure I was alright when I broke my shoulder skiing on day 4. She interpreted with the local doctor, let me use the hotel phone to call my insurance and gave me guidance on getting home. It’s miserable getting injured – and it’s much worse if you are a single traveller. It’s so nice to meet a hotelier who is genuinely concerned for her guests. I thoroughly recommend Hotel le Deserteur.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed at Le Deserteur to go skiing in the 4 valleys for the week and would definitely go back due to the staff and Fiona being very friendly and helpful as well as the hotel being clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great and included plenty of choice, you can also admire the incredible scenery whilst you eat! It took just a few minutes every morning to walk to the ski lift, Migros and Coop are also very close by. There is also a laundry room and iron available which I found very useful after a week of skiing. I'd highly recommend the hotel as well as the 4 valleys for skiing.

Room Tip: If you get a room that faces out across the valley you get to see an amazing sunrise coming over the...
Reviewed 21 January 2014

One of the few affordable hotels in the area for going on a ski trip in les vallées. The hotel is conveniently located at walking distance from the skilifts.
Hotel personnel was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. They have a nice bar with a wooden fire. Breakfast was simple but good. We didn't try the restaurant.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

My husband came in March on a back country course and we have returned as a family. We have loved Le Deserteur and Fiona's hospitality - comfortable rooms, flat screen TVs with plenty of choice for the children, location fabulous for exploring the local area - we enjoyed cycling, walking and fun evenings out. Would certainly recommend the hotel and the resort.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kate H
Reviewed 4 June 2013

well recommend a visit. In summer or Winter this a perfect location in the most beautiful surroundings. I do hope to visit again soon. Plenty tod and see around the area. a great spot from which to explore.
Thank you Fiona. You made the bumpy flight from Heathrow worthwhile.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank rob Holden h
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nendaz
Edelweiss
#2 of 3 in Veysonnaz
Chalet Christy
Chalet Christy
#2 of 10 in Nendaz

Been to Le Deserteur Hotel? Share your experiences!