“Excellent”

Meriton Suites Broadbeach
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Broadbeach
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Anther meriton, and another fantastic apartment. Again we had another two bedroom apartment. Modern stylish, clean. Had everything we needed, washer dryer, dish washer tv. Fantastic kitchen, bedrooms and living space. This time we had a balcony as well. It had a lovely pool, and nice seating to sit on. Very security tight as well. Staff again were friendly and helpful. Loved it. Wish they would move to newzealand as well. As I would book them there if I could. Location was good too. Just on the outskirts of night life. Not too far to walk, and close to a massive shopping centre.

Room Tip: We weren't too high up. So did not have a great view. If you want a sea view, it cost an extra 1...
1  Thank ninny01
Broadbeach M, Manager at Meriton Suites Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Dear ninny01
Thank you very much for your positive comments you recently posted on trip advisor. Our apartments are all self contained and include everything you need to treat them like a home away from home. Being so close to a lot of different restaurants and shopping centres makes for an abundance of options. Our staff all enjoy working for Meriton which is evident in the friendliness you received during your stay. I will be sure to pass this positive feed back to them. As Meriton Serviced Apartments are becoming increasingly popular and continue to expand, building some apartments in New Zealand may be something we look at in the future.
Thanks again for your positive feed back and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (8,780)

Reviewed 21 January 2013

Excellent Services and apartment, I really enjoy it. The reason I came back because of the price is low even in high season or Public holiday. Specially, I don't have to pay when making a booking. I feel confident to CLICK on BOOK because I know that I can cancel the reservation 48hrs before check in date. The only reason I cancel the booking is I change my mind not going to Gold Coast .

Room Tip: ocean view
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tuan L

Dear Tuan,

It was so pleasing for us to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Meriton Broadbeach. We love to get all types of feedback, but it especially nice to hear that we helped make someone's stay more memorable. Providing a standard with all of the services we offer each guest is something we take pride in and strive to achieve every time.

Booking through our website offers you the luxury of being able to cancel the booking up to 24hrs in advance without any cancellation fees at all if by chance you have a change in plans. We also give the option of purchasing a relaxed check-out time for the day of your departure through our website. For only an extra $60 you can check out at 1pm in the afternoon. A perfect option if you were planning a big night out or if you had a late flight home that day.

We are so pleased you enjoy our services, feel free to come and use them again in the near future. We are looking forward to it.

Best Regards,

Meriton Management.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

Hubby and I stayed at the Meriton Broadbeach for the first time over the weekend as I attended a work function at the Crown Plaza down the road.

Secured a great rate of $105/night in a studio room on the myrez booking system. Could've gotten $115/night for a 1 bedroom however as it was just an overnighter and I hadn't stayed in a studio before with the Meriton, I thought I'd try it out.

The studio has exactly the same features as the 1 bedrooms however as it's a studio apartment, everything's in the one room apart from the bathroom of course. The laundry is tucked away in a closet.

There were 3 things I found odd/unusual, however will not affect my rating overall as they're pretty minor, and that is:
1. The king bed is pretty much in the kitchen. But if you look around the room there is little option to put it elsewhere really.
2. In our particular room, you had to go through one door to get to our front door - as it was obviously an interconnecting room. But that meant a double insertion of the security card which can be tricky to use at times.
3. Lifts - you have to insert your card into the reader before you can select your floor, which is time consuming..especially when there are loads of people getting into the lift after you. Would be more efficient to have a swipe system in the lifts.

All in all, great location (a block away from the main street of Broadbeach and the beach, across the road from Jupiters and Pacific Fair), great price, front counter staff were nice enough, parking was cheap at $5/night, can't complain really!

If we stayed longer than a night I'd definitely look into getting a 1 bedroom and would ask to stay on the north/south/east facing sides of the tower (i.e. not on the main road side) as I like to open the ranch slider for fresh air, however it's too noisy to do this on the west side of the tower due to the traffic/roadworks.. so air con it was.

Room Tip: If we stayed longer than a night I'd definitely look into getting a 1 bedroom and would ask to s...
1  Thank ilovereggae

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing such a great insight for everyone into all of the great things that make our studio apartments perfect for one or two people for an overnight or weekend stay. The studio's, along with all of our other apartments are designed so you could actually live in them forever if you so desired; they each contain all of the modern trimmings to go along with up to date and easy to use appliances.

Our location is perfect for anyone travelling on business or for a holiday, as it is close to the shops and restaurants and the convention centre is a simple stroll across the road. If you wanted some nightly entertainment, we are only a 5 min walk to both Draculas Cabaret restaurant and Jupiters Casino.

We hope next time you come and stay that you make great use of all our clean and modern facilities designed for leisure or exercise. We look forward to seeing you again shortly.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 20 January 2013

We've just returned from 6 nights in a 2 bedroom apartment on the 29th floor of the North Tower and highly recommend it. The 270 degree views let us see the water, the main strip & the many waterways. Excellent location in walking distance to Pacific Fair, Jupiters Casino & the main shopping district with restaurants & shopping.

The apartment was wonderful. There's a huge two person bath in the 'parents' bathroom where no-one sits on the plug & both sides have arm rests - Divine! The king beds were very comfortable and the split system & fans did the job nicely. The only improvement we could suggest is to put a TV in the main bedroom so when the teenagers took over the TV in the lounge, we could retreat & watch what we wanted. No big deal though.

I picked Meriton Serviced Apartments from Trip Advisor ratings/comments & having king sized beds so well done on the feedback travellers, we loved it!

Room Tip: Corner suites on higher floors in the North tower have fantastic views of city. Book smaller rental...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jenny P,

Thanks so much for such an amazing review of your recent stay with us. By my calculation, you would have stayed in room 2901 which happens to be my personal favourite room for all of the quality reasons which you described so well. You get a full view of the Gold Coast hinterland which lights up in the night sky. You get a huge balcony that also allows you to see the famous beaches of the Northern Gold Coast.

Given our perfect location, we are pleased to hear you made the most of this by visiting all of the great shops and restaurants in the area. We are currently installing TV's in all of the master bedroom of the 2 bedroom apartments so next time you come these will all be functioning to help make your next holiday even better than the last.

We look forward to having you back here soon, great to hear from you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 January 2013

Perfect location to base yourself for a business trip to the Gold Coast and Northern Rivers or for a holiday. Apartment was very clean with a very comfy king size bed, great pillows, furniture is all very comfortable and new. Wrap around balcony was very spacious with fantastic views. Flat screen TV a decent size, not as many channels as expected. Staff were more than obliging with my request for a higher floor on the ocean side to alleviate noise (floor 26). Views were beautiful. Parking is very reasonable at $5- per night. I felt very safe in this location with restaurants, supermarkets, police station all close by, lifts directly from carpark to your room and very secure. All in all I would recommend Meriton Broadbeach to anyone looking for a relaxing stay or for business. The no party policy is also an added advantage.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor on the ocean side to alleviate noise of street at lowere levels. I had 26th f...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear Kay P,

On behalf of the whole team here at the Meriton Broadbeach, we would like to offer our sincere gratitude for providing us with such a positive review of your stay here recently.We understand there is an abundance of options for accommodation in the Broadbeach area, so to get such a glowing review can only enhance our reptuation in the poetntial clients' eyes.

We strive to be the total package in terms of being able to offer all types of travellers quality accommodation fitted out with modern trimmings and public facilities like the gym, pools and spas. In the respect we receive a lot of business travellers, guests that are only passing through the Gold Coast looking for luxury accommodation ant a affordable price. Our strongly policed no part policy adds to the safety and relaxation of all guests and allows business people like yourself to get the work done in peace during the evenings.

Feel free to contact us again when thinking about coming on another business trip to the Gold Coast or simply bring the whole family for a holiday, as we cater for all types of travellers.

Best Regards,

Meriton Management.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

I booked a one bedroom ocean view apartment at the Meriton on Broadbeach on the Gold Coast for a few days in January and we really enjoyed our stay. Great facilities, wonderful ocean breezes and views.
When booking I requested an ocean view on a high floor and was pleased to be told that this would not be a problem. [I am always a little concerned when making a booking through a ‘central’ reservation number as I have found requests are often not forwarded to the venue]
My wife and I arrived earlier than anticipated and our room wasn’t ready which was expected as it was well before check in time. The polite receptionist checked that we aware of the parking procedures and offered to provide pool towels and changing facilities so we could use the resort’s facilities until the apartment was ready. Instead, we chose to take the short (10min) walk to nearby Pacific Fair Shopping Centre for lunch and a movie.
As promised, staff at the Meriton promptly rang us when the apartment was ready and we were very pleased to settle in to our unit on the 23rd floor in the North Tower (our request for a high floor had been granted) It had great views of the ocean and the area south to Burleigh Heads. It was lovely to keep the veranda doors open to hear the ocean and feel the breezes during the day.
The apartment was very clean and well appointed. Furnishings were modern and comfortable. The blackout curtains allowed a good sleep in each day. Despite being a large complex, each unit was well sound proofed and we were surprised how little traffic noise we could hear.
One of the best features of this location was its proximity to the Broadbeach Mall and the huge range of restaurants available. Each day afforded a new opportunity to explore more menus catering for all tastes and budgets.
Meriton onsite facilities include two pools, large sun lounge areas, hair salon, convenience store, café, restaurants and ample underground car parking.
I would highly recommend this accommodation to others.

1  Thank greenlds

Dear Guest,

Wow, thank you so mush for your positive words and great description of our property and services. We endeavour to help make every guests' holiday an experience they remember for all the right reasons. We love hearing such fantastic feedback from our guests as it provides us with the knowledge that all our efforts are effective in helping create these positive experiences.

We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed our most popular room type being the high 1 bedroom ocean-view rooms, as it has all the space and modern trimmings needed to relax and fully enjoy your apartment. The views of the ocean sunrise on any particular day can be simply breath-taking so i hope you got to experience these during your stay.

We are continuously striving to create a special and very personal stay amongst all guests by constantly encouraging staff to go out of their way to make the guest stay memorable by adding a more personal touch. We are also pleased to hear you received such great service and we hope that one day we can help make your next stay on the Gold Coast an even better one than the last.

Next time bring the whole family and stay in either one of our high 2 bedroom ocean-view rooms, or even the 3 bedroom apartments.

We look forward to seeing you for another holiday shortly.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 16 January 2013

First, I appreciate the most recent reviewer, worldtraveller186220, writing EXACTLY what my experience was on all accounts! Very close to #702 bus stop ($8 to airport), wrap-around balcony with 270 degrees of view, and all nice amenities in the apartment. My wife and I got the "studio ocean view apartment", suggested a high floor just as the last reviewer, and we GOT IT!

We stayed for 3 nights and loved every minute...the Meriton is about one block from Woolie's so we picked up some groceries the first day and cooked "at home" each day. We never ate out once because we could enjoy breakfast on the balcony, packed lunch one block to the beach, and dinner in front of the TV watching a movie channel with our laundry going. Just what we wanted, and professional staff to boot. Great job, Meriton.

Room Tip: Request a high floor, they actually honoured it for us which was such a pleasant surprise.

Dear My Salsa,

We are so gratuitous of your kind words in your review of your recent time spent with us. We love hearing such positive feedback about our hotel and staff. Moreover, we take great satisfaction that people can share their wonderful experiences with others in an on-line forum like Tripadvisor.

It is not a coincidence that you wrote exactly what the previous reviewer wrote to describe our hotel, as we are continuously striving to up-hold the strong reputation we have built up amongst travellers over the years we have been open for. We try to make sure that every guest has a memorable stay for all the right reasons, so it very satisfying to hear when we have achieved this.

We would love to see you again in the near future and we will endeavour to help you re-live your most recent experience with us.

Kindest Regards,

Meriton Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Peppers Broadbeach
Peppers Soul
Peppers Soul
#1 of 33 in Surfers Paradise
The Star Grand at The Star Gold Coast

Been to Meriton Suites Broadbeach? Share your experiences!