“Fabulous place uniteruppted ocean views.”
Review of Ocean Pacific

Ocean Pacific
Reviewed 20 October 2011

We stayed here for 8 nights in a 2 bedroom apartment on level 11, room 113. The managers Mary and Geoff were so very friendly and the apartments are very clean,spacious modern with everything you need such as full kictchen facilities, full laundry, bathroom and great size balcony. Great outdoor pool area with outdoor BBQ area.
Our only very small negative about the resort is that they need a proper out door private bathroom with hot and cold water for a shower for people who are still using the resort who are leaving late in the day and have checked out. The outdoor shower is freezing and you can't shower properly this way.
Other than that I would highly recommend this amazing resort and would stay there again tomorrow.

Room Tip: All rooms from the 4th floor upwards have ocean views. We were very lucky to whales everyday heading...
1  Thank bula51
OceanPacific_11, General Manager at Ocean Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

The review from Bula 51 was very much appreciated. It is important to point out that the outdoor shower inside the pool area is essentially to wash off sand after guests return from the beach before they enter the swimming pool or return their apartment through the main reception area. Check out is 10.00am which only gives us a short turn around to have apartments ready for new guests checking in from 2.00pm. Accordingly, when guests have to check out and are their flights are later in the day or evening, we offer, if vacant, a day rate so they can stay in the unit, or a secure luggage room for safe storage. Guests are welcome to use the resort facilities pending their transfer to the airport, which they really appreciate.

Reviewed 11 October 2011

My wife and 2 kids stayed for 8 nights from Oct 2nd until Oct 10th and were very happy with the accomodation and facilities.

Close to everything.

Heated Pool, Spa and Sauna great and BBQ area kept spotless.

Stayed in Family apartment and main bedroom could have had its own TV so when kids were watching what they wanted my wife and I could have gone in there but no big deal - rest of apartment had everything else that was required.

Had an issue that arised half way through our stay which could have left a sour note on our trip but was followed up and handled very well by Mary (the property manager) and my wife and myself appreciated it.

All in all a great place for a family stay with great facilities and its location was ideal - would defintely stay there again.

Room Tip: Family apartment way to go if you have 2 kids.
Reviewed 8 October 2011

The rooms are better than the pictures, spotlessly clean and look like new. Staff were very friendly, even the cleaners were happy to say hello.

The facilities are adequate, pool area is not huge but cosy enough.

Location is very good for families, equal walking distance to Pacific Fair, Jupiters, Broadbeach shops/restaurants and the beach. This area is better than Surfer's in my opinion, and the value for money is the best you can find on the net.

We really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this place to anyone looking for affordable luxury.

1  Thank Tuffers100
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Just spent 4 days at the Ocean Pacific. Booked online and received a phone call the day of our check in apologising that my booking had been "messed up". Mary talked me through what had gone wrong and it just meant that I had to swop rooms on our last night.

The staff went out of their way to make our stay comfortable.

Rooms are very clean and comfortable and the view is just fantastic. Pool area always spotless.

This resort is close enough but far enough away if you know what I mean. Felt very safe was staying with my youngest son as hubby is away and is extremely well priced.

Will certainly return.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Before I go on, I want to stipulate that this is a 4 star serviced apartment. I made a booking 2 weeks prior to my stay and the person I spoke to said there was a 4 th floor and 17 th floor available. I asked specifically for the 17th floor, and on checkin found that we were given the 4th floor instead. I was really upset, as I was not told that that request was not guaranteed, otherwise, we would have come earlier.

Might I say, as I have been to better places within the vicinity, this place was a step back for me. But you get what you pay for. At almost half the price. But to me, this is not luxury. It is just comfy.

What I wanted but they did not have as I suppose you would expect from a 4 star place was: 24 hr service, apartment safe, master bedroom tv, bath in master ensuite and at least a 2nd daily room servicing. Other gripes I had was no free wifi, non heated pools at this time- still a little cold for my little girls. Also hallways a little narrow, if you have double prams. Cot hire a little steep at $70 for 3 nights but no biggy. Room slightly dusty, but I am a bit of a clean freak as you would with young children. Also wall sound insulation is not as good as my previous stay elsewhere. Pillow menu would be great as I am pillow freak, but at $200/night you can't expect that.

Location-wise, very close to the beach and main shopping complex, but a little further from the main drag of restaurants and night life.

All in all, I would rather pay more and stay elsewhere more luxurious and offered what I needed above as that is what I expect in a weekend getaway place. But if you are happy with a clean comfy place close to the beach, at almost no more than $200/night for 2 bed, this is not too bad.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank beingreal
OceanPacific_11, Manager at Ocean Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2011

We value feedback from our all our guests because it helps keep us on our toes. This vigilance and attention to detail from our whole team at Ocean Pacific, together with the rave reviews from former guests, is why Trip Advisor awarded us a special Customer Service Excellence Certificate.

We are independently rated by AAA Tourism as a 4.5 Star Resort under the self-catering category and pride ourselves on our ability to offer 'affordable luxury' to all our guests. Just check out our excellent photo gallery on our website . We are not a hotel, so as such do not offer some of the creature comforts of a hotel such as pillow menus24 hour service, apartment safe, TV in master bedroom or daily housekeeping service (although this can be arranged for a nominal charge), or free wifi, although our internet charges are cheaper than local internet cafes, but obviously much more convenient from your own apartment.

With gas heating to both our swimming pools, we have the advantage that we can adjust the temperatures as they weather hots up or cools down. Normal temperature on the themostat is 30 degrees, but with the unusually hot spell we had, we tweaked these down to 28 as most guest like to jump in and feel refreshed after sun baking in the hot sun during the day.

Our position within a 10 minute walk to the cosmopolitan restaurant & club precinct of Broadbeach is perfect and appreciated by most guests. It keeps us just away from the hussle & bussle and noise of the pubs, clubs & restaurants, yet only five streets away and you are back to the comfort, relaxation and security of you own fully serviced apartment.

Reviewed 10 September 2011

This resort has it all. We couldn't fault the apartment. It was spacious and CLEAN. The resort managers were friendly and helpful. It was in a perfect location, within easy walking distance to Pacific Fair, Draculas, Jupiters, the beach was only a block away. Fabulous pool and BBQ area - spotless. Oh and did I mention QUIET? The security is fantastic - I felt very safe and was happy to leave all our personal belongings in our apartment. The beds were ultra comfortable and the pillows fabulous! In our opinion this is a 5* resort and we will be back!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank serendipity_625
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Lovely new building, very contemporary in design. The location is spot-on, right by the beautiful beach, 5 minutes to nightlife (although it is quiet where the hotel is), and close to Pacific Fair the shopping mall which is every girls dream! There is alfresco dining nearby, all of which provide very good food. Bus stops are also nearby (5 mins walk) which can take you to Sea World, Surfers Paradise, the highly recommended theme park Dreamworld and Movie World to name but a few. Rooms are immaculate and very luxurious yet modern. All have balconies with views of pool and higher ones of sea. Balconies are fairly large with table and 4 chairs. Outside you have a pool, hot tub, sauna, shower, gym, kids pool with waterfall, sun loungers etc. There are 2 electric bbq's under cover with large tables to seat the whole family complete with sink and bins so all can be prepared outside so you dont miss the sun and can still watch the kids jumping in and out of the pools. There is also an outside shower and an inside w.c! My kids spent most of their 1 month holiday in the garden area which is surrounded by tropical plants and very private. The grounds are very secure and you need a code to enter the iron gate. By lunch you lose the sun in the garden due to the other hotels close by causing shade, this is when we went shopping or to the beach. The sun does return later in the afternoon! The hotel has a large lounge area with funky modern seating and a games room with massage chairs and a pool table etc. All in all a 5 star building kept very clean with guests who respect their surroundings. I would choose this hotel every time when visiting broadbeach. 10/10 well done!

Room Tip: Higher floors have sea views. All rooms top quality. If you want to watch kids in pool go low.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SecretSquirrelMum
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
1 mi away
Oceana on Broadbeach
Oceana on Broadbeach
#10 of 51 in Broadbeach

Been to Ocean Pacific? Share your experiences!