“Everthing that we expected...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ocean Pacific

Ocean Pacific
Melbourne, Vic, Australia
“Everthing that we expected...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2009

We have just returned from spending 4 nights on the Gold Coast at Ocean Pacific. I did some research through Trip Advisor to confirm the type of accommodation and comments other people had made before deciding to give it a go. It met all our expectations to a 'T'. We stayed on the 7th floor and the apartment was modern and well appointed with great views. It was great waking up and being able to look out towards the ocean with the sun streaming in. The facilities, ie the pool, spa, bbq are great and very well appointed and we made the most of these during our stay. The location is ideally placed to the beach and also Pacific Fair and Oasis. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nobleschoice

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2009

We have never provided any reviews in the past but this time we are doing our premier as we owe it to TripAdvisor for giving us a good recommendation.
We travelled to Gold Coast with two young kids. Took a late arrival flight from KUL and arrived at BNE at about 2215h. Got our car [from tiki car rental] and drove on M1 Pacific Highway southward until Exit 77 Broadbeach. From the exit follow Route 90 all the way to the beach. Just one block before the beach is Ocean Pacific Resort on the RHS. Whole journey took about 1.5 hours. Not because of traffic but the speed restrictions.
We had doubts about the after hours checkin procedure but the instructions were clear.
We had a double room apartment on the 16th floor [all apartments overlook the Pacific!].
We also had our own assigned car park in a secured area in the basement. There is direct lifts to the apartment floor via secure tags given to you on check in.
Some tips: Ask the reception for all travel/tour arrangements including car, if you need. We were lucky we asked and we had all our tickets pre-booked for us and charged to the room. Therefore, no queues and ensured tickets at the attractions. Includes most of the attractions like Movieworld, Seaworld, Dreamworld, Sanctuaries, Outnack Show [must see] and the Jupiter Conrad dance shows [we watched the Irish "Dance of Desire"].
Do note that Ocean Pacific is a self-contained apartment. There will be sheets, towels, shampoo, conditioners and soap but minimal. Bring your own if you wish. Sheets and towels could be changed for a fee.
Now all attractions a easily and readily reached by M1 Highway. No GPS needed. Signages are excellent in Queensland. You can walk to the beach. And four blocks to the north, you have a choice of many many restaurants.
For the shoppers, Pacific Fair is walkable to the West of Ocean Pacific.

Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Fibreace
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2009

Stayed here for 7 nights on 16th floor (I think). Great views and well appointed rooms, really could not have asked for much more.
My only minor criticism was that the gym was quite limited, could have done with a little more equipment.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Megas
Adelaide, South Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2009

We stayed at Ocean Pacific Broadbeach from 2-6 July for the Gold Coast Marathon. The location is sensational, within easy walking distance of Pacific Fair, Jupiters and the Broadbeach cafe/restaurant strip. The rooms are very well appointed, with lovely views overlooking the ocean. We had a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom "family" room which was spacious enough for me, my husband, our 5 month old and another couple. The main bedroom has a king bed and ensuite (no bath, but has a washer and dryer), while the other room had 2 single beds and separate bathroom (with a bath). The kitchen has everything you need, including a full size fridge, oven, stove, microwave, dishwasher, plenty of pots and pans, crockery, knives/forks, glasses etc. The BBQ area downstairs was very clean and easy to use.

I only have two issues for people to be aware of and they are as follows:

1. When I originally made our booking I did so online. I booked a standard 1 bedroom/1 bathroom room as it was only going to be myself, my husband and our daughter. The rate I got was their standard rate of $150/night and was charged $600 directly to my credit card. A few days later our friends decided to join us so I called to upgrade our room to a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom "family" room and was quoted a rate of $190/night, ie an additional $40/night. Upon check-in I was asked how I wanted to pay the additional $240, I was quite shocked as I thought we were only being charged an additional $160. I was told I was misquoted and had been given the 7 day rate when I should have actually been given the 3 day rate (when booking online I had also received the 7 day rate of $150/night, even though we were only staying 4 nights). Unfortunately I did not take the name of the gentleman who quoted me, nor did I ask for email confirmation, so I paid the $240.

2. When checking in I asked if we could have a late check out on the Monday as we have a young child and wanted her to get some sleep during the day as our flight was at 4pm. The receptionist said that shouldn't be a problem as no one was booked into our particular room for a few days after we leave, however I was to check with her again on Sunday before 1pm to confirm. On Sunday I spoke to the same receptionist and she said that no one was using our room and a late check-in would be OK. She asked how long we would need and I reversed the question and asked how long could she give us. She said that until 12 noon it was free, however after that time it would usually be $50, but she would waive it and offered us a late check out of 2.30pm (her suggestion). I thanked her for allowing us to stay on and commented that most hotels would only give you an hour or so extension and we were grateful - when walking away my friend commented on how nice that was. HOWEVER, upon checking out on the Monday the receptionist (a different one from the day before) asked me how I wanted to pay the $50 late check out fee. I told her I wasn't going to pay it as I was told it wasn't going to be charged (and because I had been misquoted and paid an additional $80 for our room upgrade). After a bit of huffing and puffing by the receptionist she decided not to charge me and said she would have to speak to the previous receptionist about this as it was not on. She then went on about what she was supposed to tell the building owners - I doubt they would miss $50 - especially that no one was booked into the room for a few days - ie no revenue lost. She kept going on about how we should have been charged a full day rate etc etc etc. I think because of her going on about this it will make me think twice about staying here again, however I have referred the Ocean Pacific to a few friends travelling to the Gold Coast in the near future, but warned them to get everything regarding rates in writing.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank Emma1975
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2009

This is the place to stay in Broad beach!

We were 6 adults and 1 young child, and we booked 2 1+1 apartments. We stayed on the 14th floor, and both apartments had fantastic sea view. The apartment was very spacious and had no problem to fit 4 people in it. Modern and practical, and extremely good value. It has underground carpark (though the entrance to the car park was a little tricky), an outdoor heated swimming pool, and was 200 metre from the beach. Just before getting to the beach there was also a playground which my son enjoyed playing a lot. The service was great too - the reception was most helpful and gave us good recommendations for restaurants. All in all, our first family trip to Gold Coast has gone really well, and I couldn't have expected to stay in a better place. We will definitely come back!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank travelyun
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2009

we stayed here for 10 nights from end May. we were on the 10th floor in a one bedroom family apartment, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Good size, not as big as some of thye other 2 bedroom apartments i believe but sufficient, about 99 sq m.

great sea views, 5 min walk to beach, Pacific Fair and central Broadbeach eateries.This location was also quiet which is essential to me. The more central ones were also a littlle more noisy i feel unless you are really high up, was considering Air, Wave, Verve, Ultra but they were also about $190 to $280 per night for a 2 bedroom, we got ours at about $160/night. can't beat that..

heated pool so my son swam with no problems although it was June. given that it was a self contained apartment, do not expect service from a hotel but this was not a problem as we were quite self sufficient. we had a light that was not working in the dining room and after informing them, it did take them 3 days to fix it but again, it is not a hotel.

with that price and that location, it was extremely good value. one minor complaint was that the lighting is a little too 'white' for my taste, could have had warmer lighting instead of stark flouresent but that is more of a personal preference.

i am glad i stayed here and would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank peonylim
Wollongong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2009

Well, after a week at this place my fiance and I definately did not want to come home. The apartment block is located within 200 metres of Pacific Fair (A HUGE shopping complex with everything you could possibly need) within 200 metres of a lovely park and beach and within 200metres of the main restaurant and tourist area of broadbeach. It really was the perfect place for us to stay on our first trip to the Gold Coast,
The apartment block is and the rooms are VERY spacious with lovely modern furnishings and a fully equipped kitchen. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment and ended up on the southern side of the building with a veiw of the ocean and city to the east and to the south. Breathtaking.
The facitlities are fantastic with a small but sufficient gym, a heated outdoor pool, spa, sauna and small childrens pool. There are even outdoor BBQ factilies and a games room.
Why would i recommend you book this hotel over others in the area? We felt that the biggest bonus to this accomodation was the GUARENTEE that as long as you book a room above the 5th floor you will get an amazing veiw of the ocean. All the apartments are on the east side of the building. As well as this the block is 20 storeys but there are only 4 apartments on each floor so you are not going to be crowded in the pool by the other 400 guests staying here. We stayed for 7 days and shared the spa and pool with four guests the whole trip and we swam for about and hour every day.
You get undercover parking with your apartment and do not need the car to go to the movies, out for dinner, get groceries or go to the beach.
WE loved this place and will definately return.
The only critisism I have for this place is that there were no scissors or baking trays in the kitchen, petty things but necessary if your cooking! :0)

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple