“Best in Broadbeach!”

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Broadbeach
Brisbane
“Best in Broadbeach!”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Great stay thanks Peppers :-) The main highlights are the awesome location, lovely modern rooms, beautiful views and fantastic service. We are very familiar with Broadbeach and feel that Peppers is the best accommodation (although not the cheapest but worth it!) in this area. Would definitely recommend and stay again in the future.

• Stayed February 2013
PBBGeneralManager, General Manager at Peppers Broadbeach, responded to this review, 3 March 2013
Dear acdc09,

Thank you for taking the time to post this lovely review following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful stay, and that you consider us to be the best in Broadbeach. According to the majority of reviewers I think you are right as we have been ranked Number One on this site for about two years now.

I really appreciate the feedback and ensure all reviewers we are always striving for ways to better our product and service to retain our top ranking.

I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Adam Taloni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (651)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney
Reviewed 1 March 2013

We were unfortunately let down by our peppers experience. We were excited in the lead up, the reviews on tripadvisor looked great, and I do like when a property respond to their reviews, but our experience was not consistent with all the positive things we read. I do note the irony in that this place wins awards for service. You can see my other reviews to know that I'm not typically a hard marker. I'd encourage you to read reviews from other users who have more than two reviews.

We are regular gold coast visitors, and like the broadbeach area. Part of the appeal of the hotel is its location and facilities. There were many positives, the rooms were large, very modern and new and well equipped, full kitchen, huge fridge, full laundry etc. If I can some up the service it is that they seem to have been trained to be 'nice' and not actually know how to give service. Certainly not Five Star service. I noticed when booking through their website that there was some maintenance in some pools, essentially closing them, but this was due to be completed before we arrived. I also called the day before arrival mentioning I knew there was two towers and we are going up there for some swimming and sun, and asked about the pools in each tower and requested to be placed in the one which they said was slightly better.

When we arrived we were handed a note from 'body corporate' about maintenance, which we read at the room, and also got to our room to see we didnt have a twin room, which we had requested in the original booking, and they (voluntarily) confirmed when I spoke to them the day before arrival. We went back down to ask for the bed to be changed and they said 'oh you don't need to come down to request that, just give us a call' to which I mentioned we actually had already requested it twice. We also then mentioned that we were disappointed the pool would not be available for half of our stay, and could we move to, or use the other tower's pool. Which they said was not possible. When I mentioned that we called specifically about the pool, and had checked to see an update on the website (which was not there) there was only apologies. They told us we could use the beach, which she then acknowledged had been closed due to high seas lately. We were told there was nothing we they could do, how is this five star service? All we were wanting to do is use one of the major facilities people would want to use in the gold coast. The front desk member said they would speak to the assistant manager and I asked her to call us and tell us what was the response, and we never heard back.

The property also promoted Ipad use in the room, and in house movies. The iPad was never mentioned, and the movies did not work until we called to get that fixed, and then our TV system broke down as well. As you can see we probably had a less than great run of luck with certain things, but its times like this the service should make up for it. And here, it was nothing but pleasantries, just being nice is not good service. It would be fair to say we were annoyed during the stay and were then on the look out for other things, and noticed that during housekeeping, things like bedside tables would be left crooked or on weird angles, with some of the linen poorly tucked in.

On our next trip we are likely to go to the QT again, who understand and enjoy service.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mittyjames
Dear mittyjames,

Thank you for sharing your views of your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that it seems we have missed the mark in a few areas during your stay. I am terribly sorry for this. We do have a few new team members on board recently. I will be sure the management team review the training process to ensure we better our service for future guests. As you would have noted from previous reviews this certainly is not the normal standard.

Please keep in mind for future stays that as per our compendium and welcome letter, you are welcome to an iPad at any time during your stay. All you need to do is ask and the team will make this happen for you.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Our stay at Peppers was a memorable one. We were made to feel welcomed from the very beginning, right till the very end! Thankyou-after staying at Peppers, we won't be staying anywhere else in the future!

• Stayed February 2013
PeppersBroadbeach, General Manager at Peppers Broadbeach, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Dear Semcesen,

Thank you for your 'amazing' review!

I am thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us recently, and that you will not be staying anywhere else in the future.

I will pass this on to the team to let them know what a great job they are doing.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Taree, Australia
Reviewed 27 February 2013

The one bedroom was above expectations, roomy and clean staff was welcoming and friendly walking distance to restaurants and coffee cafes looking forward to coming back !!! Well done Peppers definitely recommending to others !

Room Tip: 4th floor overlooking pool
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Dear Les G,

Thank you for the fantastic feedback.

I am so pleased that your stay was above your expectations and you enjoyed our convenient location.

I look forward to seeing you when you return.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

The hospitality at this hotel is up there with the best internationally. Booked here for my girlfriends birthday and staff really went the extra mile. Quality rooms, great layout, views and facilities. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013
PeppersBroadbeach, Manager at Peppers Broadbeach, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Dear Adz05,

It is flattering to hear that you think so highly of our service standards. Offering a five star product we are determined to offer five star service along with it.

I hope your girlfriend had an amazing birthday and that we see you again in the future for more celebrations.

I really appreciate the effort to post this review - thank you.

Middlemount
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Peppers Broadbeach. The room was top quality and the views beautiful. The area is quiet but is close to everything you need. Staff were truly helpful and professional.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit with ocean views.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
PeppersBroadbeach, General Manager at Peppers Broadbeach, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Dear Cathy11Middlemount,

I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us in a Two Bedroom Ocean View Suite.

Thank you for the lovely compliments on the property and the staff, and for taking the time to write this review.

I do hope we see you all again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We stayed in August 2012 with 2 kids in a 2 bedroom ocean view apartment. First class hotel with EVERYTHING you need. Wonderful staff who were very attentive. Pillow menu was a nice touch. Hotel is central to everything in Broadbeach. Great park across the road for the kids. Walking distance to restaurants, beach and shopping. What more can you ask for? We will be back again for sure. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Vetski9
PeppersBroadbeach, General Manager at Peppers Broadbeach, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Dear Vetski9,

Thank you for your review for your stay back in August last year.

I am delighted that your experience rated so highly that you were compelled to post this six months later!

I really appreciate the lovely comments on the property, location and the service. I will share this feedback with the team.

I hope to welcome you all back again soon when you next visit the Gold Coast.

Adam Taloni
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
The Star Gold Coast
The Star Gold Coast
#8 of 21 in Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Southport

Been to Peppers Broadbeach? Share your experiences!