“Another good stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach

Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Broadbeach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

All five of us really enjoyed our stay and were grateful to have interconnecting rooms. It was a special occasion (Surprise 30th birthday celebration). The hotel facilities were amazing especially the pool area and breakfast. All the staff were very helpful and friendly which made our stay all the better. The hotel was close to shops,cafes,restaurants and the beach, this was a huge advantage for us not knowing the area. Thanks again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Bonjour Tanya M,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us from your recent stay at Sofitel Gold Coast.
It sounds like it was a wonderful 30th birthday surprise! I am happy to see that your stay was enjoyed by everyone at that you especially loved the pool area and breakfast.

Thank you again and we hope you get the chance to visit us for another special occasion soon.

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stayed here with my partner just for the evening. We booked a wotif mystery deal which is always a bit of a gamble as hotels cannot guarantee your bedding type etc. and tend to look after people who have made direct bookings better.

Check in was quick and efficient and we got into our room a little early which was nice. The girl at front desk didn't have a lot of personality and was not particularly friendly, she made no attempt at chatting with us or inquiring about our stay.

Room was very clean and the bed really comfortable! Air-con works like a charm and it was nice and chilly in our room. The rooms are nice and fresh looking too. Bathroom is spacious with good lighting.

The restaurants in house are very good! Location wise it is close to some great restaurants and a convenient distance from the waterfront.

I would recommend this hotel to stay in for a pleasant night but not if you are looking for anything special or a personal touch.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
sofitelgcb, General Manager at Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Bonjour AA_Gynther,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us from your stay in February.
I am pleased to see you really enjoyed our signature MyBed as well as the bathroom and other features in the room. I am disappointed to read that you feel you did not receive any personal touch from our staff during your stay. Providing personal service is something we pride ourselves on so I do apologise for this experience as it is not our usual high level of service.

Thank you again for providing us with your honest feedback, we hope to get the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I just spent two nights in the Sofitel. A Luxury Oceanview Spa room. From the moment I arrived I loved this place. Reception were very helpful. My room wasn't quite ready so I was offered drinks at the bar. I had asked for a high room and this was partly the reason for the delay but it was worth the wait (not very long anyway 10 to 15 minutes).

On entering the room I knew I had picked the right hotel. The view from Room 1909 was spectacular. As far south as you wanted to see, the beach and ocean right in front and as far north to Surfers as you could see. It was only interupted by a few buildings. The room had a completely marbled tile bathroom with a spa that had ocean views (as advertised). There was a small hallway into the room which added to privacy. It had two sliding doors opening onto a curved balcony The room was large with a king size bed which was heaven to sleep in. These rooms are built on a curved corner of the building which made for the panoramic views. It was equipped with all the usual stuff (TV, minibar, coffee making and so on).

There is an interconnecting door to the next room in the hallway. I am not a big fan of these and try to avoid them but the location of the door was unobtrusive and caused me no trouble. The staff were helpful in this regard and offered to keep the room empty if possible (which they were able to do). I had noted my concerns about interconnecting rooms on my booking but itwas only picked up by the Reception and I have absolutely no complaints about the help and assistance I received there.

The room was very quiet. Wouldn't know that anyone else was in the hotel. At that level there was virtually no outside noise either. The room does of course have an airconditioner (central type but personal control for settings) but with two sliding doors opening onto the balcony it was just as pleasant to let in the fresh sea air.

The king size bed is to die for. Absolutely the most comfortable bed I have ever been in. A menu of pillows to pick from as well. Sleep was not a problem.

I had breakfast in the room. Delivered on time and by perfectly presented staff. Both mornings I had the Tropical North Queensland breakfast (6 or so fruits; watermelon, rockmelon, honey dew, passionfruit, kiwi fruit, pineapple) with yoghurt and a muesli mix, coffee. Extremely tastey and filling. An excellent choice to have on the menu.

The room, as was the whole hotel, was spotlessly clean. Military inspection standard. The room was made up during the day while I was out and for all intents and purposes it was just like a fresh day as if no one had been in the room at all.

The staff were helpful and friendly. They were there if you needed them. But not in your face. Room service was spot on. You wouldn't even know that the cleaners were there but they went about their business and kept the place looking like new. A call to Guest Services was met with a friendly greeting and instant action.

I only used the bar for a couple of drinks and ate other meals out in Broadbeach itself. Both meals in Restaurants in Broadbeach were near $100 dollars each so it was nothing to do with cost not eating in the Hotel.

The hotel is very handy to the Oasis shopping centre where there is a Woolworths supermarket. It is a seamless walk of about 5 minutes or less from the hotel to the shopping complex. The much larger Pacific Fair is about a 15 minute walk away. The hotel won't be far from the Light Rail when it opens soon. So the short trip to Surfers Paradise will be easy (If you wanted to go).

The beach is about 300 metres away.

Bottom line. This is a high standard hotel. In the heart of Broadbeach. I couldn't fault it, from the staff, easy check in and out, Gold Coast Airport shuttle bus right at the front door, shopping and restaurants nearby, superb room, spotlessly clean, and of course the beach virtually at the doorstep as well.

I can easily recommend it and I will stay there again.

Room Tip: The Luxury Oceanview Spa rooms are built on a corner and offer spectacular views up and down the coa...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Bonjour Tony S,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful detailed review with us from your recent stay at Sofitel Gold Coast. I am pleased you enjoyed the sweeping views from our corner spa rooms which look down the coast as well as the other features in your room, especially our signature MyBed which is extremely comfortable to sleep in.
I agree with you that we have a fabulous location in the heart of Broadbeach close to the surrounding shopping areas and the beach.

Thank you again for your lovely review, I have passed your comments amongst our staff to enjoy also. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Amery Burleigh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Peppers Broadbeach
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
#6 of 33 in Surfers Paradise
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,132 reviews

Been to Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach? Share your experiences!