Oceana on Broadbeach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Paradise Inn Motel(Surfers Paradise)
Columbia Tower(Surfers Paradise)
Florida Apartments(Surfers Paradise)
  • Free Internet
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
All reviewsacross the roadbowls clubthe gold coastsurfers paradisebowling clubbottle shoppool areaocean frontsub penthousebbq areasound of the wavesconvenience storeminute strolltwo bedroom apartmentbeautiful oceanliving areapatrolled beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My husband and I had a lovely stay at Oceana on Broadbeach, it was very close to the beach, cafe's and restaraunts. Also very close to the convention centre where we were working for 3 days. The Managers were so friendly and accommodating which reflects in the cleanliness of the resort. The rooms were nice, bed comfortable, although we did not use the oven it was the only aged looking thing in the kitchen. The toilet had a leak but this was fixed within two day's when we were out of room, a little noise from some work going on downstairs but would suggest if want a quiet room request high level as the noise can travel.

Room Tip: Corner suite has ocean and road side view, found a little noisy and very windy on our verandah, could only sit out there one night.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2014

When you walk through the door of the apartment, on a clear day, you are absolutely delighted by the stunning view of the ocean, The mid-level, ocean view apartment was spacious and very comfortably furnished, with large screen TV and fat, comfy couches and comfortable beds. There were some signs that the apartment was ageing, (the bathrooms were probably the give-away) although, overall we were comfortable and enjoyed the roominess. You could also sit comfortably on the balcony. The kitchen was stocked with bare, basic cookware etc. We could have used some larger pots and pans. There are signs telling guests what to do everywhere. I agree with other reviewers that this is a bit of a 'put-off'. You do get the feeling that management might not have lost their enthusiasm/patience for the task. However, the trade-off was that the grounds and facilities were well maintained and spotless. We would stay at Oceana again, and liked the quick access to the beach - that was patrolled over the summer holidays.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Darcy45
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed in a two bedroom apartment overlooking the ocean. What a spectacular view we had! The beach was right across the road and we were close to everything we needed. The accommodation itself was fantastic; huge apartment with a great balcony. Very modern, but perfect for our family. We stayed in a lower level apartment, and were never disturbed by noise. The hotel grounds were kept so beautifully. We all loved swimming in the pools and using the gym. Staff were very helpful and friendly. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms have a spectacular view of the beach and ocean.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2014

we love staying here in an ocean view apartment. overlooks the pool as well. Nice big balcony lets you enjoy sweeping views to die for. Directly across the road is Lolas cafe and restaurant as well as a BWS and take away food shop. The bowls club bistro is over the road from that and there's a small supermarket on the next corner. A very handy location meaning you don't have to get in your car to get any supplies, just a short walk for pretty much everything.
The walk to the main area of broadbeach isn't that hard either if you want to leave the car at home.
The only downsides from our point of view was that our room had an annoying repetetive sound that sounded like someone was drilling in concrete and all the signs everywhere spruiking "don't do this" "don't do that". They're way in overkill at this one and do tend to make you feel like you're doing something wrong just walking around. Our take on this is they're appealing for an older quieter client base, as well as keeping it toned down for the permanents and frown on the youth who would be better suited staying closer to the action anyway.
Signage aside, the whole place is magnificently clean and well maintained.

Room Tip: must have ocean view over the pool
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank kevfromoz
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

It was 2006 that I had last stayed at the oceana for a basketball comp. I had awesome memories back then so thought I would try the place again. I was so hoping I wouldn't be disappointed and be presented with an old horrible dated apartment.

I was not disappointed at all. I had booked the 2 bedroom ocean view apartment. Myself and 3 other friends were staying so we could be closer for the 'big day out' event. The unit was fantastic, which was such a relief.

The unit was spacious and clean. We were given the 11th floor and the views were spectacular. I was so happy with the unit, as were my friends. They were very impressed with my choice and the closeness to the beach. Spare blankets were provided. Everything you could need in the kitchen, was provided. The tv was huge. The lounge was comfortable. The beds were lovely. The bathrooms were clean.

If I had to find any faults, it would be that there were no garbage bags provided, other than one already in the small bin under the sink. People tend not to bring garbage bags with them when they go on holidays. I struggled to figure out how I was going to dispose of the 4 bags worth of rubbish we had to get rid of before check out.

Other than this small negative, I highly recommend these apartments. I will definitely stay here again when I visit the Gold Coast. Oceana will be my number one pick.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends