“4 star with plenty to do”

The Star Gold Coast
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Broadbeach
Sydney
“4 star with plenty to do”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed here or 6 nights on business. I didn't need o leave the building really as everything I needed was here. Restaurants were not too bad and there was a great gym there. The obviouse bonus of the casino I you are in that kind of thing. I wold stay here again.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Jupiters, Manager at The Star Gold Coast, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Dear Andrew M

Thank you for visiting Jupiters Hotel & Casino and for taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience via Tripadvisor.

Your feedback is extremely important to us and is an essential tool in ensuring we are not only able to meet but continually improve our service and overall customer experience.

I was delighted to read that our high standards have been met and you enjoyed your overall experience with us.

Thank you for providing your feedback and we look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jupiters again soon.

Warm regards
Sales Manager Leisure

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed here on Sunday night, not expecting much after reading the reviews however we were pleasantly surprised!!! I couldn't fault our stay, clean rooms, the most comfortable bed ever, the $50 bonus casino voucher was a great way to spend the night after the short stroll to the Broadbeach mall precinct. there are some great deals on wotif.com so have a look out for those

• Stayed June 2012
Dear rustykiwinz

Thank you for choosing to visit Jupiters Hotel and Casino Gold Coast and for taking the time to provide feedback regarding the positive aspects of your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that your time with us was very enjoyable. We are committed to offering the highest standards of service and we believe feedback is the most important way to identify our strengths and weaknesses and ensures our ongoing commitment to a higher level of service excellence and Customer experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Jupiters on your next visit.

Kind regards,

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

My husband and I stayed for one night on a Scoopon deal which included breakfast and $70 in credit. I thought it was good value for what we paid.
The hotel itself has been refurbished, but it's still not great. The bathroom was not cleaned properly, with hairs on the back of the door, paint peeling and cracking, so it is a little on the shabby side. The bed was very comfy but we did find a short and curly hair in the second bed, which we weren't sleeping in.
There are lots of improvements that could be made here to housekeeping that would just add so much to the experience.
We had a fair amount of noise at 2.30am from our neighbours - but this is a casino and you have to expect an amount of noise. If you're coming here to relax and unwind then you're really coming for the wrong reasons.
We ate at Spinners and I had the smallest and worst pizza I've ever eaten in my life. For $16 it was the size of maybe 2 slices of a bad dominos pizza, barely any toppings. My husbands Steak Sandwich was gristly.
For breakfast at Food Fantasy, we arrived just before the crowds, but the staff were struggling to keep the food maintained. The drinks area was a shambles and the queue for an omelette took half an hour. It wasn't great and I wouldn't go back if I were paying directly for it.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stayeded here for 5 nights and we booked 2 executive rooms thinking that this was a 5* hotel... we were disappointed... We tried to cancel but hotel management would not refund our accommodation even though we were staying 5 nights.
Should have stayed across the road at Meriton Hotel which is brand new.
Only stayed here because we were attending a conference.
Was grotty - not comfortable - Executive lounge canapés were only dried up slices of ham and cracker biscuits (not hot food)
Hotel staff especially management were not co-operative whatsoever...

NEVER AGAIN - JUPITERS!!!!
TAKE MY ADVISE - Stay elsewhere (Suggest: Meriton Hotel, Hilton or Sofitel)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank andrew m
Jupiters, Manager at The Star Gold Coast, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear andrew m

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent visit to Jupiters Hotel & Casino.

I was concerned to hear that our usually high standards have not been met during your five night stay and I sincerely apologise for your unsatisfactory experience with us. Whilst it is disheartening to receive this kind of feedback, we believe it is the most important way to identify our strengths and weaknesses and ensures our ongoing commitment to a higher level of service excellence. I have forwarded your comments through to the respective Managers for review and consideration with their teams.

Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jupiters again soon and above all meeting your expectations and restoring your faith.

Kind regards

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012 via mobile

The beds were the most awesome in this hotel. I fall asleep instantly every night when I hit it. (had to do my work on the desk instead)

Rooms and toilets were very clean.

Yes.. There were the ironing board that came in handy as I brought all my crumpled shirts.

Location was pretty bad as it seems like an island on its own. Quite near to the convention centre though.

• Stayed May 2012
Jupiters, Manager at The Star Gold Coast, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear WilfredThesiger

Thank you for choosing to visit Jupiters Hotel & Casino Gold Coast and for taking the time to provide feedback regarding the positive aspects of your recent visit.

We are very committed to offering the highest standards of service and we believe feedback is the most important way to identify our strengths and weaknesses and ensures our ongoing commitment to a higher level of service excellence and Customer experience.

Again, thank you for providing your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jupiters in the future.

Kind regards,

Wellington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

This is a great hotel, we stayed here for a week over Christmas 2011 for our honeymoon. The room was fantastic and view was even better, right over the Pacific Ocean. The rooms are a large size, with a desk, and a little dining table and chairs. Bathroom is a good size, but a little dated. Having the restaurants onsite are great and the Italian one on the 1st floor does the most amazing risotto. This place is value for money, a great stay and excellent location.

Room Tip: I would ask for a high room, as I would say that sometimes if you are too low the music from the cas...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Jupiters, Manager at The Star Gold Coast, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Dear Sarahsgalvin

Thank you for providing a review via Tripadvisor on your recent stay at Jupiters Hotel & Casino.

Thank you for providing your feedback and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jupiters again soon.

Warm regards
Sales Manager Leisure
Griffith, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

I stayed at Jupiters in May 2012. I booked a superior room just for one night. The room was well equiped and the furnishings were modern. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean, although i wouldnt say it was to the standard I expected (mould around bathtub and I felt that the bathroom had not been sterilised). Our room was on the 9th floor, it was very quiet and there was a great view of the pool from our window. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. Jupiters is also in a great location.
The buffet breakfast was amazing. The buffet had great selection of food ranging from fruit to cooked breakfast. Everything seemed to be very fresh. The only downside to breakfast was that they start to clear the buffet at 10.00am.
We had dinner at ZEN in the casino (chinese cuisine). I would highly recommend ZEN, the staff, service and food were all of an extremely high standard. The food had so much flavour and individual tastes.
Overall the facilities at Jupiters Hotel & Casino were great, I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Meriton Serviced Apartments - Broadbeach
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
#6 of 32 in Surfers Paradise
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,151 reviews

Been to The Star Gold Coast? Share your experiences!