“Always a pleasure”

The Star Gold Coast
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Broadbeach
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I've stayed at Jupiters Hotel and Casino a number of times, both as a solo traveler and with friends - and have rarely encountered any problems. The rooms always meet my expectations, and if I have required anything else - the hotel staff and housekeeping have always been more than happy to help. The pool and spa facilities are always a highlight of my stay. Having eaten at Spinners, Bite and Food Fantasy, I have always found something on the menu which has met my expectations and tastes as good as it sounds.

I enjoy this place so much - I even have at least 3 return visits already booked at various points in the coming months!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Trent M, Manager at The Star Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Glen D

Thank you for choosing to visit Jupiters Hotel and Casino Gold Coast and for taking the time to provide feedback regarding the positive aspects of your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that once again you have enjoyed your experience while staying with us, please be assured that your feedback regarding the service you received from the restaurants, hotel staff and housekeeping have been forwarded on their relevant Managers.

Once again I wish to thank you for your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We booked purely for the location as we had arranged tickets to Draculas which was within walking distance. The room was nice, clean and the breakfast was brilliant ($$$!). Check in was delayed due to only one person at the desk, overall we had a great time. The casino was a bit boring though, same machines throughout the place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle D
Trent M, Manager at The Star Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Michelle D

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Jupiters Hotel & Casino. It was great to read you enjoyed your time with us and that we provided a great location to stay while enjoying your evening at Draculas while also taking the opportunity to enjoy all of the facilities Jupiters has to offer.

Please accept my apologies for the delay on check-in, we do on occasion experience a delay upon arrival due to having a larger than usual number of arrivals, however your feedback has been passed onto our Front Office Manager for his review.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

my Family stayed in Jan 2014 for 10 days, The rooms always clean I was on the 5th floor and it was nice and peaceful. The help from staff to book a car right on the spot was Second to none.
The food and everyone of the food places within the Hotel was lovely and OH so YUMMY.
My family loved food paradise Now I can see why it's called that.
I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat see again for Showcase Dance 2015.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear hellohappy

Thank you for choosing to visit Jupiters Hotel and Casino Gold Coast and for taking the time to provide feedback regarding the positive aspects of your stay with us from January via Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read that your time with us was very enjoyable as well as your experience in dining in our many restaurants please be assured that your feedback regarding our team has been forwarded to their respective managers.

We are very committed to offering the highest standards of service and we believe feedback is the most important way to identify our strengths and weaknesses and ensures our ongoing commitment to a higher level of service excellence and Customer experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to Jupiters on your next visit.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Check was a shambles, arrived at 2.30pm and the que was huge and the was only one person at the counter so it took quite some time to check in which was odd considering check in opens at 2pm.
room was dusty and a little tired. I dropped something that rolled under the bed and wow could under there do with a clean.
Hotel is convenient though which is a plus.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank bret512

Dear Bret512

I also wish to apologise for the issues surrounding housekeeping during your stay. Your feedback has been passed onto our Housekeeping Manager for her review. We firmly believe that all feedback assists us to identify our strengths and weaknesses and ensures our ongoing commitment to a higher level of service excellence going forward.

Kind regards

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at Jupiter’s whilst attending a conference at the Convention Centre. For this purpose the location of the hotel was excellent, although I note the monorail to the Convention Centre appears to have been decommissioned leaving a 5 min walk either way.
Our king Bed Room was fine. Bed was comfy but the view was uninspiring however having said this we did get a discounted nightly rate as a conference attendee and didn't spend too long in the room anyway. Shower over the bathtub has minimal ambulatory aids which might be a problem for anyone with any degree of infirmity.
The gym is very good and staffed with a trainer and the pool is well established. There are two little outside spas which were fine - but could have been a tad warmer given the autumn chill. Had an excellent remedial massage at Touch Therapy, which although a little more expensive than I would normally pay was worth it.
I was a little reticent about staying in a Casino Hotel having never done so before and given all the bad publicity the Gold Coast has received recently but I actually enjoyed the stay and would very likely stay again if the need arises.

Room Tip: Some of the conference attendees had rooms on the higher floors that had not been updated so check t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
JupitersManager11, Manager at The Star Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear George S,

It was great to read you enjoyed your time with us while attending a conference at the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre.

As you have mentioned the hotels location is the ideal destination to not only be close to the convention centre but also to enjoy the best that the Gold Coast has to offer. We are glad that you enjoyed our gym and surrounding recreational facilities!

In regards to the monorail, unfortunately this is owned and operated by the Oasis Shopping Centre and its operation is outside of our control, we do however have a covered walkway direct to the convention centre.

Thank you again for providing your review, we look forward to the pleasure of your next visit.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had my first stay at Jupiters Hotel for the weekend of Mothers day with my boyfriend. I was really expecting a lot as the prices were pretty expensive. From inside the hotel it looks amazing modern and very clean. We were only level 17 and our room was right near the lifts. The room was standard nothing special bath inside shower which I don't like. They only had the pillows which were on the bed but no spare in the cupboard. The rooms have thin walls because I could hear people coming in and out of lifts and talking in the halls. Had dinner in the PA and was big burgers because we were going to the Vegas show there was a set menu!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Emily S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent visit to Jupiters. I was concerned to hear that our usually high standards have not been met and I sincerely apologise for your unsatisfactory experience with us.

You will be pleased to know that we are in the planning stages of a multi-million dollar refurbishment of our property, which will result in us being able to provide world class hotel and dining facilities, allowing us to exceed our guest expectations.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel room is quite dated but overall this is average accommodation.
The buffet breakfast is amazing and memorable, so much to eat!
I probably wouldn't stay here again given the abundance of choices on the Gold Coast.
Location is quite good as you are right in the casino.
This is not a noisy room which enable great sleep, pillows are only average.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear sarahjayneAdelaide,

Thank you for choosing to visit Jupiters Hotel and Casino Gold Coast and for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent visit. I have passed your feedback onto the relevant managers for their review. You will also be pleased to know that we are in the planning stages of an upcoming refurbishment for the hotel which will create a world class hotel, dining and entertainment precinct.

Thank you again for staying with us and posting a review of your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hotel Assistant Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
#5 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
#7 of 31 in Surfers Paradise

Been to The Star Gold Coast? Share your experiences!