“2012 Schoolies, no blankets or sheets for 7 Days 6 nights”

Broadbeach Travel Inn Apartments
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My friend and I stayed 7 days and 6 nights at the Broadbeach Travel Inn Apartments in a standard 1 bedroom apartment, 2nd floor. $ 980 twin share.

I enjoyed my stay, there were 4 other groups that week of schoolies in our building ( first week of schoolies under 18's ). I did not enjoy the fact that our beds had no blankets or sheets, it did not say in the description to bring our own blankets and sheets. We told 2 different receptionists about it twice. We had to keep asking for towels to sleep on, 15 towels every second day, when they asked us why we needed them we told them and they said nothing did not even offer to come bring some up to us.

The groundsman ( or manager ) was very rude to me, while I was in my apartment alone, I closed the balcony door and locked on me twice ( the first time was when my friend was home ), so im standing on my balcony for 2 hours, there were other schoolies in the pool but they were rude and did not go get help for me, the groundsman walks past and he asked why I was alone & for my room number and came up to get me. The apartment door was locked so he had to bash the door down, breaking the lock, him you can see looked very angry came over and opened the balcony sliding door asking where my friend was & why I had not told the receptionist that my door was playing up. The money was not taken out of my bond to fix the door because it was not my fault. That man was very rude and needed a lesson in manners.

Pool and Spa were nice, I made good use out of them.The staff never mentioned the games room to me, I know know where it must be, my friend and I explored the entire building and couldn't find it. One small squishy lift. The bathroom windows are facing the aisle that lead to peoples rooms, someone can jump up and look at you in the shower.We also looked at the rooms of the other schoolies, the girls next to us had the same room but much more modern, the boys had a 2 bedroom room, it was very nice, the girls upstairs had a very nice room, and the people on the top floor had an amazing apartment!

Now that I am looking for a residential rental of myself on the Gold Coast, at $270 p/w to live in this building is alright.

For a holiday waste of money, go stay somewhere else, with a sauna and gym. Could have stayed somewhere much nicer with that amount of money.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors, away from the highway, more towards the beach side, make sure the beds come w...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Breeana S

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Hi to Lauren and staff @Broadbeach travel inn
I would like to say thank you for such a pleasurable stay. The apartment (707) it was spotless and had everything we could of possibly needed.Air conditioned and ceiling fans on both levels made our stay very comfortable. The beds were very comfy so no sleep lost on this holiday
:-).The Travel Inn was in a perfect spot so clowe to everything, next time we will fly up and know we wont need a car and can get the bus to all the theme parks with ease.I highly recommend apartment 707 at the travel inn to other families who wish to visit the gold coast. You may not get the luxurious foyer or resort style pool but the pool and spa were heated to 24 deg every day were clean,fantastic and relaxing to swim in.When yourbout most days im glad i didnt pay triple the money for accomodation for nothing. From the time i booked the room with Lauren on the phone to checkout i cannot fault a thing .Extremly good value for money i dont think you could beat.
Thanks again michelle

Room Tip: We stayed in apartment 707 Would highly recommend this apartment i have not seen other rooms my 2...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 68shell
Broadbeach T, Guest Relations Manager at Broadbeach Travel Inn Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Hi Michelle
Thank you for taking the time to make a contribution to our Trip Advisor review page. We appreciate the excellent feedback.
The guest service team and maintenance manager were both very pleased to hear the kind remarks you made about the room and the service provided. We always strive to make everyone’s holiday the best it can be with what we have to offer.
The team looks forward to welcoming you back again on your future travels and thank you for the feedback.
King Regards,
Mitchell Carlson

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I don't provide totally negative reviews but in the case of this place, I am struggling to add positives about the actual place.

It is in a awesome location, a few mins walk from lots of restaurants, cafe's, the beach and the Pacific Fair mall. Thats all I can come up with....

On the flip side, the hotel itself is very poorly maintained, in desperate need of basic maintenance and the owners could do with investing some money into the place urgently. Simple things, like the shower didn't work properly, the ranch sliders didn't open easily, and you couldn't close them fully.

Staff don't seem to interested in your views and advised the Owners don't care either. With this attitude, it is not going to improve anytime soon.

Recommend that you stay at some other many other locations within 200 meters of that location for the same money. It is excessively over priced for such a run down facility.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Gibbo99
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Very disappointed!!!

When I travel I for my money I expect
Clean, tidy and functioning.

Blinds in lounge broken
Kitchen draws did not close ( very stiff)
Taps were stiff ( very old)

Bathroom - shower didn't turn off pored with water.
The tiles behind the taps in the shower moved when you tried to turned the shower taps off( very stiff)

Master bedroom the sliding door didn't closed properly and the wind came howling in.

The pool area was cobbled but then had gravel over them. Not nice on the feet and the gravel went in the pool!
Water levels in the pool and spa very low..

There was a party under my apartment and when I told the receptionist she said it was out of her control ( would mention it to security )

Broken bottles in drive and on the carport roof!!

I stay 2 nights out if my 9
Ended up at a friends house one night then moved apartments .

Told reception about my complaints
And she looked at me like she has herd it all before.

Her comment was
( the owners will not change)
And told I would not get any refund on the rest of my stay.

Very neglected, very run down
No love at all.

Do not stay here worst place ever!!!

Stayed: October 2013
9  Thank Abba1976
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Consideration of patrons would of been NICE here on a holiday, office could of least told us that there was construction going on so we could of found somewhere more peaceful to stay. They worked all night and part of the day. Not a holiday apartment will never return here.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Mickaman
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I was super nervous about this place, due to the horrible reviews. Honestly, we had a fine experience! Our roof top 1 bedroom apartment was great for us (my husband and I, and our 2 year old). The apartment was huge, and had everything we needed - sure, they're not new, they are old, but they are OK.
The only downsides:
1) The bars on the balcony are twisted/missing, thus it is extremely dangerous when kids are involved. We did not let our toddler outside - it was quite disturbing to see the gaping holes!!!!
2) The cracked and exposed tiles around the pool etc. These are a cause for concern too, especially with kids around the pool. Bit scary.

Room Tip: We had room 706 and it was OK for us!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I had a terrible experience here. I forgot something in my room and when I called them back to try and get it back there was no staff available to talk to. When I finally got through to someone (less than 24hrs later mind you) they told me they had already thrown my property in the garbage as their policy is not to hold onto anything left in rooms by guests. The managers response more than a month later after my initial complaint was along the lines of 'sorry but there is nothing we will do to reimburse you but we hope you will come and stay again'! WORST customer service EVER!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple