“Old and expensive”

Broadbeach Travel Inn Apartments
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed here for one night, and never again for what I paid. For a bit more, I'll stay down the road at the Sofitel next time. Only good thing is location but you are right along the main road and it can be noisy at night. Apartment is very big but needs an upgrade if you are going to charge people $$$

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had room 201 which was way below the 4 stars advertised on their site. Parking was extremely cramped. The apartment smelled of stale odors. The curtains were filthy and tattered. Cupboards were falling apart. Crockery and glassware was limited. Windows were filthy and the opening mechanisms were mostly broken. One power point was falling apart and unsafe. Blinds were broken and fly screens couldn't breathe because they were caked in dust. The noise from the highway was constant because doors and windows are only single glazed. Our apartment was two bedroom and we were told each bedroom had a king sized bed. It turns out each room had two single beds pushed together.

We will never stay at these apartments ever again!

Alan Liddle

Room Tip: There don't seem to be any
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JillyBeans99999
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Their advertising is deceptive. Room was rundown and dirty, smoke alarm was hanging off the wall. All kitchen appliances, crockery and cutlery was filthy, all had to be washed before we could use them. Bed had no bedspread on it. Aircon did not work well. The whole place smelt damp and mouldy. Would never stay there again and would not recommend to anyone. For the price they charge you expect better.

Room Tip: Nothing good about this place
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maree J
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel whilst attending a conference 14/5. Only was there 1 night and it served as a place to rest the head. Huge 2 bedroom apartment with large kitchen and lounge room. Pay TV with heaps of channels. Walk to casino and broadbeach. Convenient.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Djscotty1963
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Basic accommodation at Broadbeach. Not classy but comfortable. Spacious, somewhat rundown but clean. Not too noisy considering location & room opened onto garden area which would be great if you had kids with you, which I didn't. Certainly not luxury, but your not expecting that. A comfortable base to explore from, but don't expect too much & you won't be disappointed.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Emma C
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I booked 2 rooms. One for 3 people & the other for 1 person for $150 each. The one for 3 people had a folding bed for the 3rd person(me). When I went to make it with the blanket that was provided, it absolutely stank& had mouldy, what looked like,vomit on it & was unusable. I rang for night staff but there were none& was told to "turn up the air-con". I had to use towels to cover me & got virtually no sleep.
When I complained to the manager& asked for a partial refund, she apologised for my bad experience & I was told I could have 20% discount on my next booking& was refused any refund on the monies already paid, even though I pointed out that I am a pensioner& don't stay in motels.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank suewhit_12
Reviewed 5 February 2014

My friend and I stayed 7 days and 6 nights at the Broadbeach Travel Inn Apartments in a standard 1 bedroom apartment, 2nd floor. $ 980 twin share.

I enjoyed my stay, there were 4 other groups that week of schoolies in our building ( first week of schoolies under 18's ). I did not enjoy the fact that our beds had no blankets or sheets, it did not say in the description to bring our own blankets and sheets. We told 2 different receptionists about it twice. We had to keep asking for towels to sleep on, 15 towels every second day, when they asked us why we needed them we told them and they said nothing did not even offer to come bring some up to us.

The groundsman ( or manager ) was very rude to me, while I was in my apartment alone, I closed the balcony door and locked on me twice ( the first time was when my friend was home ), so im standing on my balcony for 2 hours, there were other schoolies in the pool but they were rude and did not go get help for me, the groundsman walks past and he asked why I was alone & for my room number and came up to get me. The apartment door was locked so he had to bash the door down, breaking the lock, him you can see looked very angry came over and opened the balcony sliding door asking where my friend was & why I had not told the receptionist that my door was playing up. The money was not taken out of my bond to fix the door because it was not my fault. That man was very rude and needed a lesson in manners.

Pool and Spa were nice, I made good use out of them.The staff never mentioned the games room to me, I know know where it must be, my friend and I explored the entire building and couldn't find it. One small squishy lift. The bathroom windows are facing the aisle that lead to peoples rooms, someone can jump up and look at you in the shower.We also looked at the rooms of the other schoolies, the girls next to us had the same room but much more modern, the boys had a 2 bedroom room, it was very nice, the girls upstairs had a very nice room, and the people on the top floor had an amazing apartment!

Now that I am looking for a residential rental of myself on the Gold Coast, at $270 p/w to live in this building is alright.

For a holiday waste of money, go stay somewhere else, with a sauna and gym. Could have stayed somewhere much nicer with that amount of money.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors, away from the highway, more towards the beach side, make sure the beds come w...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends