I wrote a letter of complaint about our stay to the Manager, and did not even receive a response. Here is the letter which outlines all the issues, the worst being a smoke alarm that went off continually during the night! $160 down the toilet!
"This is a complaint. Please forward to management. We stayed at your establishment on Friday night 2nd March. Our family was really looking forward to a rest, and a night away, and we were badly disappointed. We had several unpleasant experiences. I have listed them in time order.
Friday afternoon - whilst swimming in the pool with my children, I found a cigarette butt floating past me.
Friday evening - we have 2 children, and despite advising the hotel, we only had 2 bath towels in the room for the whole family. A minor issue, but still frustrating.
Friday night - on going to bed, my husband and I found our windowless, airless room to be stiflingly hot. We couldn't turn the air conditioner up higher as it would have meant our children who were sleeping in the main room, would have been freezing. I finally got to sleep near midnight.
Early Saturday morning - we were woken at 1.30am by the smoke alarm beeping sporadically!!! This went on for quite some time, until eventually it went off "properly" then seemed to stop after a while. This was upsetting for us and the children and extremely annoying. Needless to say, it was a terrible, awful night's sleep.
In the morning, we found a HUGE puddle of water under the air conditioner.
We couldn't use the breakfast bar in the room without re-arranging the lounge room! The bathroom was disgusting. Very smelly and the grout was awful and mouldy. The spa smelled like a sewer
We advised the attendant at the front desk about some of these issues with no apology or interest.
We have returned home exhausted. We have stayed in many hotels and apartments on the Gold Coast and Brisbane and this was by far the worse experience we have ever had.
I hope to hear from you soon advising as to how you can correct this situation and compensate us for what was clearly NOT value for money and a most unpleasant experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Savannah Resort is located at the heart of Broadbeach, the cosmopolitan hub of Queensland's fabled Gold Coast. It is perfectly positioned, and within a short walk are the casino, two big shopping centres, the restaurants and cafes of Broadbeach, and not forgetting one of the Gold Coasts most superb stretches of beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Broadbeach Savannah Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Broadbeach Savannah Hotel Broadbeach
- Savannah Hotel Broadbeach
- Savannah Resort Broadbeach
- Broadbeach Savannah Resort Gold Coast, Australia