“Not recommended”

Broadbeach Savannah Resort
Reviewed 31 October 2013

It's an older place. Certainly not the top of the line on the Gold Coast.

Pros:
The staff were friendly and helpful.
Location is pretty good. About a block or two walk from the beach. Also a 10 minute walk from shops and restaurants etc.
It is quiet. If you want lots of people, go to Surfers Paradise. If you want the best surf, go to Burleigh Heads.

Cons:
The bed was awful. One of those full-size beds that consists of two twin beds pulled together. Both twin beds were worn out - soft and mushy - so terrible for your back.
The pillow was a cheap foam thing.
The couch was worn out. Again, soft and mushy.
The room overall was extremely small and cramped.
On the last day of my stay, the overhead door to the basement parking broke. Happily they pulled it up and kept it up so I could leave. But that pretty much sums up the place - old and a bit broken down.

Again, the staff were friendly and helpful.

Overall, if you get a really low price, then this might be for you.

Otherwise, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Ripwalk

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The common areas, like reception, pool (stunning!!!!), gardens are very beautiful and have clearly been upgraded. The room was tiny, but surprisingly luxurious. The bed was soft and very comfortable - take your own pillow though unless you like super soft floppy pillows. The bathroom was very clean, tiny, but functional - the shower was hot and with good water flow. Convenient power point right next to the mirror for straighteners, etc. The TV was good, kitchen adequate - it's not five star, but the couch was comfy, the bed was too, water hot - not sure what else you would need. I only stayed one night, though, I can see the room getting claustrophobic after about two nights, it was very small. And with the windows open, noisy, since it backs onto the main drag. However, with windows shut and aircon on, perfectly quiet to sleep in. They do the credit card bond - where they freeze the bond for three days - so be aware probably don't use your everyday debit card!! Parking was secure, another bonus, and I really couldn't complain - walking distance to Broadbeach restaurants and a pub next door! I would definitely stay there again. Clean, comfy, adequate and staff were lovely to me.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool (away from the highway).
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Mouldy bathroom.

Room not serviced at all unless you stay 8+ nights and only once.

Look after your bath towels because if you want another you gotta pay extra.

I wouldn't give the food (breakfast) to my dog.

Overall: save your money, you might as well sleep on a park bench!

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Neglect
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We spent 3 weeks at the Savannah. The first five nights were in an apartment with a broken tv. Each morning the reception staff said they'd have it fixed but just didn't. We then insisted on moving to another apartment to complete our stay. Both apartments were dirty. Every surface needed cleaning, the carpet was disgusting and both bathrooms smelled like sewers. I purchased some Jif to scrub all the crockery, cutlery and other cooking equipment. I've never been anywhere this dirty in my life.
We paid $99 per night and that didn't include breakfast.
Interestingly, we stayed in this building 6 years ago when it was part of the breakfree group and it was stunningly beautiful. New owners and a new manager now. Shame.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else. There are lots of other places to stay.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sandfish H
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Stayed Aug 2013. The hotel itself seems to have a revamp in the common places, i.e reception area, pool etc and they've done it pretty well to be fair. the rooms itself let it down and bring into question the 4 star rating in my opinion. We stayed in the 1 bed and there were a few issues like shutters across the bedroom not closing properly and generally the room could do with a good refurb. But...that said, there was nothing wrong with the cleaniness of everything. Valid comments about $ cost if you wont it serviced so bare that in mind. Location wise your walking distance to the lovely broadbeach area, a big shopping plaza and also jupiters casino - who do an awesome evening buffet! From GC airport - its 20 mins, Wet and wild is 30 min drive and Sea world probably 10/15 mins. Beach is walking distance on your door step. Overall ok but don't pay top dollar.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darren L
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I booked this hotel for a weekend away on the coast at the end of August. I then came onto trip adviser and read some of the reviews and started to worry about my upcoming reservation but I really shouldn't of worried. We had a great weekend, arrived and our room wasn't ready but we were able to park our car (great car park with very clear signs where you can and can't park) and then headed off to have some lunch at the nearby cafes/bars.
We checked in and went to our room, we had a twin room which was very clean and well furnished, the only down side was some mould in the grout in the bathroom. The beds were extremely comfortable and it was nice to sit out on the balcony and look over towards the ocean. As the hotel is near a main road we were not interrupted by any traffic noise. There was a washing machine in a cupboard outside our room to share with the room next door. The pool and spa area looked really nice although the weather wasn't warm enough for us to use!
Staff were very welcoming, friendly and helpful

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank worldtraveller10229
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed here on 31 August & I must say I was starting to worry because of all of the reviews. My experience was fine. To address things others have moaned about:
Parking - yes spots are limited BUT staff do tell you when it's full AND their website clearly states parking is limited
Staff - all were absolutely lovely, we had great experiences both checking in and out and the breakfast staff were also extremely friendly.
$200 bond - again, clearly stated on the website BUT they do not pre authorise, they merely take your credit card details. To say again, NOTHING was charged to my card!!!!!!!!
Our room was overlooking the Gold Coast Highway but there was no traffic noise at all.
Yes the rooms may look slightly dated but the bed was comfortable & the resort was close to everything.
I would definitely stay again!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOTE - I am NOT a member of staff or in any way affiliated with this resort - complainers out there have previously alluded to all good reviews being staff members. Again, I am only a past guest!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple