“good location, not so great rooms”

Broadbeach Savannah Resort
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My partner and I stayed here one Saturday night. After checking in we were told parking was underneath the building and that it was 'first in best dressed' otherwise you had to park on the street...which is impossible on the Gold Coast! We drove under the building to find literally like 30 spaces for the entire hotel which was 15 something stories!? Our room was old and outdated. The bathroom was dingy and smelly and the toilet not clean. I was really unimpressed after paying $200 for one night! We have definitely stayed in nicer apartments for a lot less. The location was good though. Close walking distance to Dracula's and the casino. Free buffet breakfast was appreciated but also average.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SallyLouise91

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We booked a room for the 1/02/2014. Upon arrival the receptionist had no knowledge of our booking, and when she typed in the name it was under found one for a Tuesday night instead of the Saturday. We figured out she was the same person who had done the booking, and despite her asking me on the phone if I was sure I wanted a room for Saturday because 'it's the most expensive night' she still managed to book it for a Tuesday night. No apology was given and she acted like we were an inconvenience. There were no carparks and we had to park on the street. The room we were given was completely different to the pictures, the 'spa' promised was simply a small bath with spa jets. The room was really small, and the couch had stains on it. Between the disappointing service at reception and the room being completely different to what was on the website I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tanya L
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The location is great but a shame about the rooms. Old & need an update. Shower/bath grotty, glass screen broken, black mould around edges.Turned on spa bath and black bits floated out. Hardly any car parking spots so car out on street. Breakfast needs a makeover. Pool area is nice but a baby with a nappy on in the spa, in front of staff, was a major turnoff.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kaz O
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Nice basic hotel close to boardbeach , casino and pacific fair shopping centre. Localtion is great. The hotel it's self is clean and a little better than just a basic hotel. I was attending a trade show at the convention centre, which is next to the casino, so I only slept there and didn't use any of the facilities.

Nice for the price.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank wilfredog
Reviewed 24 January 2014

After reading previous reviews I was sceptical! But once I arrived my worries we're put to rest. The staff were excellent and very accommodating. It's not true that there are only 25 car parks-I stopped counting after 60! The breakfast was plentiful, yes, there was no bacon, but there was everything else and they were generous. Breakfast was included and I enjoyed it every morning. I've stayed at the Sheraton and the Hilton all over the world, and although it's not up to that standard, the rooms were clean and spacious. I wouldn't pay over $180 a night to stay there, but if you get a great deal like I did, go for it! My family and I definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Amanda O
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Although the room we had was a little bit old and dated, we had a pleasant stay. Bed was very comfortable.
Very well priced including buffet breakfast.
Great location, the staff at the buffet breakfast were very nice and we enjoyed the pool area.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kyl72
Reviewed 5 January 2014

For the price we paid for our accommodation, it was highly disappointing. The air conditioner didn't work (on one of the hottest day in summer! and when reception was told about it, they clearly didn't care), the in-room spa was a joke (beware, it isn't actually a spa. It's a bath tub), the room was terribly out-dated, cramped, and had the general look of being dirty. Furthermore, absolutely everything cost extra. If you want housekeeping you have to pay for it per day, if you want tea and coffee for the room you have to pay for it, if you need something from reception after 7pm you have to pay a 'call out' fee. In addition to this, for the price you pay you would at least expect a guaranteed car park. However, the hotel operates on a 'first in best dressed' basis, whereby other guests can bring in as many cars as they like, and you miss out! Or if you do manage to find a park, it is an absolute pain to get into it without hitting a wall or another car, because the car park is so disorganized in terms of parking spaces. A very disappointing stay, definitely would not recommend it nor go back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple