Broadbeach Savannah Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Aruba Surf Resort(Broadbeach)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfamily roombed was comfortablefull size fridgeenjoyable stayself containedwashing machine and dryerjupiters casinocoast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is a well located little hotel with nice rooms and views. If you grab the two night package you will not be disappointed. Get there early because the late check in process is clunky and time consuming. Car parking is limited, the free breakfast is forgettable, and the lobby is awful. But the rooms are nice and the pool and other facilities are great.

Room Tip: Get a high room to get the views across to the casino and to avoid noise from the street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Checked in to a level 3 room, with a view of a car park and police station. As we live in the bush we were hoping for a room with a ocean view. The reception did kindly allow us to swap to a higher room, with a ok view of the ocean but it is not a beach front resort. The room itself made me feel dirty, needs a huge upgrade, mould on curtains and the bathroom stunk of mould. We had to walk to find a restaurant as the car park was full and if we left we would of had to try to find a park in the street for the night. Then to cap off my disappointing stay when I returned home I discovered they had charged me $80.00 that I had no knowledge of then when I called they informed me it was most likely a security deposit that may take 3-5 days to get back, well would of been nice to have been told that, I felt a little scammed. Needless to say NEVER AGAIN

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Renay P
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed here for just one night and loved the view from the balcony. Very friendly staff especially at check in. The hotel and our room were showing their age and could do with an upgrade. Very limited car parking spaces, first in best dressed. Walking distance to everything. Overall we were happy with our stay and would go back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Inadequate parking - no designated parking and no secure alternative.
Fridge - not working
Bathroom - very dirty, covered in dust
Hallway - dark carpet, terrible lighting to cover the dust on the skirting boards
Customer service - Could not complain about the customer service as there was none. Reception did not remove their gaze from the computer, not once every time we walked in or out...nothing not a peep.
Conclusion - stay somewhere else, where hopefully they take pride in their business & acknowledge customers.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank 980Robert
Reviewed 3 June 2014

While on a working holiday in Australia, I decided to make Broadbeach on the Gold Coast my home for the major part of my stay.
I stayed at Savannah for 6 months (oct2013 - april2014) and it was great.

2 mins from Woolworth in one direction, less than 5 mins from Pacific Fair shopping centre in the other direction. And about 30 seconds walk down to the beach. Heaven!!!

Savannah itself was really good. We had a one bedroom apartment on the 4th floor, and it had everything we needed. A large bathroom with a tub, a compact (but fully functional) kitchen, lounge area, balcony and sliding doors to separate the bedroom from the rest of the apartment.

It was noisy sometimes - the balconies all face a lively pub/hotel and the resort is between a main road and the Gold Coast Highway. There is a BBQ and seating area by the pool too, so there was often groups down there until quite late.
The pool is what you'd expect, maybe a little small for such a big place, but that's kind of commonplace.

There are lots of loungers by the pool and a 2nd separate shallow pool, both with a spa. There's a very small gym (if you can call a bike, a rowing machine and some weights a gym!) And a sauna.

The staff are very friendly and helpful - we got to know them quite well during our stay. We hired a car for 3 days during our stay, but the carpark was always full. We had to park on the street for 2 out of 3 days. It was fine though - very wide roads and not too much traffic.

We loved it at Savannah! It was our home away from home :)

Room Tip: The higher, the better! Sea views from higher floors
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends