“Not so good :(”

Bavarian Kitchen
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Thank you for your patronage. This restaurant in now closed.
Reviewed 25 June 2013

So My husband & I ate here during the country music festival...I really dont see what all the fuss is about!!!!
The menu was really not what i was expecting but gave it the benefit of the dought as most of the other restaurants were pretty full.
The food took FOR EVER to come out and the service was pretty slow too.
My meal was ok, my husband said his was rather boring...
We prob wont be back...sorry guys :(

1  Thank Tiff503
BavarianKitchen, Owner at Bavarian Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

We can categorically say that this review is a fraud. My Bavarian husband and I were the only waiters in the restaurant. You and your husband did not eat in our restaurant. We were not full during the country music festival, but we try our very best to give a personal service to all of our customers whether we are full or not. If 10 minutes wait for your food is what you consider forever and slow then maybe you should go to some fast food chain?

I don't know what you expected but our Chef is German and we serve German meals.

Fabulous food, quality beer.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

If you like genuine german cooking, go to the bavarian kitchen in broadbeach. Near the fountain opposite the mall stage. Crispy pork knuckle with homemade sourkraut, pork ribs, german sausage with mash, apple struedel.
A great german feel to the restaurant with timber furniture, tablecloths, good service.
The coffee is to die for, home brewed by the owner.

2  Thank Magnergiftsnthings
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Have been to this restaurant many times now. It has a large selection food. I particularly like the Haus Teller. The plating was very generous with a wide selection of wonderful top quality meat. In addition to that, the side dishes of roast potatoes and the sour cabbage was absolutely tasty. Highly recommended anyone to come and eat when visiting. You will love it.

4  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Unbelievably good.....,plus of course the food was delicious and service along with friendly advice on what was what, which when you are unfamiliar with Bavarian food is a must.

Wine list was good and overall the pricing was competitive. Plus it's BYO and fully licensed.

Has to be the best schnitzel I have ever had, even better than the Olive Tree in Melbourne....which I have always thought as the best....

As I said we'll be back again and again..

6  Thank wizzaofoz

Thank you so much for visiting us again last night. We enjoyed your company. Hope to see you again and again.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Went on a rainy and miserable gold coast night and think we have found the perfect place to beat the winter chills. The pork knuckle was huge but luckily the taste matched the size. The sides matched it perfectly too. We also ordered the goulash which was the perfect hearty meal. Topped off with some great german beer, apple strudle for dessert and great service from the waiter and bar staff the winter chills were banished.

5  Thank BrisbaneMim