“Disappointing ”

The Cuban
Ranked #5 of 293 Restaurants in Broadbeach
Cuisines: Cuban, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Cuban Bar and Lounge is a relaxed a sophisticated restaurant / bar which gives you a glimpse into Cuba's golden age of glamour. Great mix of tapas and larger mains full of unique flavours to get the tastebuds going complimented with a wide selection of cocktails, amazing Cuban beer and our extensive rum list. A dining experience not to be missed!
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I have been excited to go to the cuban for sometime however maybe I had my hopes too high as I felt it was a disappointing experience. On one hand our waiter forgot to place our order and then lied to us that it was on it's way before realising it wasn't and asking us if we'd even made an order. When the food did come (we tried tapas sampler for 2) it was nice but not amazing. In my opinion definitely over priced for the quality but I do admit you're also paying for the atmosphere and location which were delightful. Amazing cocktails however I don't feel they made up for the scattered service and good but not great food

1  Thank babyfish657

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We went in a group of 6 for dinner midweek (so it was about half full)

Felt like we were hurried to order. Then rushed to eat as they tried to keep taking away plates before we were finished eating.Then as soon as we said no to desert the bill came. Which was incessantly checked on even though we hadn't finished our drinks.

I could under stand this behavior more if they were really busy or close to closing. But this was not the case.

All the tapas came out at once instead of being staggered. That being said the tapas were delicious.

Atmosphere was good with a nicely decorated restaurant a little spoiled by pushy service.

1  Thank Trent P
Reviewed 27 June 2014

paella chicken so dry it wasn't worth eating. flavour of the paella was like it came from a powder packet. so not worth the price.
i wouldn't return. it does have a great central location, so they're guaranteed walk-by traffic.
a couple blocks away i found another restaurant called espana that is a tapas bar that was more authentic, and far better tasting, for around the same price, however it has a very small seating area. the cuban would have much more room for a larger group.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

i expected more, arrived for my birthday celebration and we were pretty much ignored, ended up leaving after a drink and moving to a much better restaurant.

1  Thank cityescaper
TheCubanBroadbeach, Owner at The Cuban, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to review The Cuban and we are extremely sorry for your poor experience. Our staff are usually very attentive with their service so I do sincerely apologize for their disinterest this night. However we are a little confused, in your title you mention average food but in the bulk of your review you mentioned that you left after only a drink and didn't end up eating. If you would like to provide further details please e mail me at info@thecuban.com.au as we do take all reviews very seriously and will use to further train our staff.

Kind Regards

The Cuban

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Good - but food was a little bland -service was great and great setting - may have just been an off night- love Cuban food and it feel a little short - will go back again for a second chance!