“Nice place”

Portobello Resort Apartments
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night after watching AFL footy at Metricon stadium,

Clean
Simple
Good location
Quiet
Friendly clerk
Nice pool
Very nicely priced.... A hint, do what we did and skip the cheap last minute deals websites and go to the hotels website as it is cheaper direct!!
No problems at all

Self contained and had everything, even the pool out the front door!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 October 2013

My husband and I stayed in a 1 bedroom unit for two nights this week. The unit was very nicely appointed and presented very well. The location is very good but all movement through to Surfers Paradise is crazy at the moment. I was very impressed with the Manager of this complex as he presented himself as a polished professional. My only complaint was the TV. It was not possible to access all the Foxtel channels as they gave the 'no signal' message. Also the Wifi is not very fast, other than that I would be very happy to stay there again.
Lyn

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank lyncom1
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights in a 1 bedroom apartment at the start of August. I asked for a unit on a higher floor and away from the road - which I got. Unfortunately because of the layout of the complex - all units are quite close to the road - but nothing that some earplugs or a heavy sleeper can't fix. Unit had everything I needed although you could only hand wash one load of dishes before having to buy more dishwashing detergent - so I just washed them all on the last night of my stay. The shower was quite small and I couldn't get the foxtel to work - not that I was there much to watch tv.
There was a lot of road construction happening along the Gold Coast Highway but I couldn't hear it from my unit. Pacific Fair is across the road, along with Dracula's and the Casino. The apartments are about 2 blocks from the beach and there's some nice restaurants and cafe's not far away. Staff are friendly and helpful. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: A unit on the end away from the road
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank radiochick74
PortobelloManagement, Manager at Portobello Resort Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

It's unfortunate that you were having trouble with your Foxtel channels during your stay - we do wish you would have told us at the time so that we could of got this going for you.

As you mentioned there is a lot of construction/road works going on along the Gold Coast Highway, this is due to the light rail being installed. It will be a great addition to the coast making it easier for holiday makers & locals to get to wherever they need to be.

Because our apartments are all fully self contained we only provide guests with a starter pack (tea, coffee, milk, washing liquid etc) to get you started. Guests can purchase additional supplies from us if they wish.

To get your return guest discount, contact us direct the next time you plan to stay at Portobello.

Regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Far exceeded my expectations. The room was clean and bright with room to move, views of the pool and surrounding garden, and the sunset from my balcony. Heavy curtains for privacy were much appreciated, and I had the pool all to myself each evening which was an unexpected treat. As a woman travelling alone, the friendly staff, security gates to the grounds, locked stairwells, and separate room key made me feel very secure. And the location is perfect - public transport, beach, shops all very close, with attractions like 19 Karen Contemporary Artspace a short stroll away, and the resorts just a few minutes drive. The only hiccup was, the cleaners are so fastidious they cleaned the numbers right off the temperature gauge on the oven! Will definitely return, and highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank RMTJM

Thank you for posting your kind review Rebecca. We are glad to hear that you had a great time on the Gold Coast and that you enjoyed your stay at Portobello. Next time you are planning to come to the coast be sure to contact us direct so that we can offer you your return guest discount. See you next time, MANAGEMENT.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Stayed here with my boyfriend for a mid year getaway. The rooms were lovely, very clean, nice size with nice kitchen. We had a car and they did not charge us any extra to park here. Its a perfect distance from pacific faire, and the Oasis shopping centre. The pool area is lovely and has a bbq area that we used quite a bit. You can walk to all the nice broadbeach restaurants from here then walk back to the hotel from the beach. The staff were extremely helpful. This was an al around nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ashleigh G
PortobelloManagement, Manager at Portobello Resort Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us Ashleigh, we are glad that you enjoyed your holiday at Portobello.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Great Gold Coast apartment. Close to shopping malls and restaurants. This apartment was well priced as well. Rooms were nice and place is just perfect.

We recommend this apartment to everyone and we will certainly book with Portobello in our next visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
PortobelloManagement, Manager at Portobello Resort Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Thank you for posting your review.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

See you next time!

Reviewed 2 February 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 12 nights in January 2013. We were in the midst of an interstate move and found the apartments to be very relaxing. The pool area was very pleasant. The staff were very helpful and even rang me to tell me that some flowers had arrived for my wife's birthday. Despite the fact that we had arrived in 2 cars, the management let us use a vacant extra space in the secure car park. The apartments are 2 blocks from the beach and walking distance to Pacific Fair and Draculas and the Casino. The only drawback for me was that we had a top floor apartment but there are no lifts. Not so bad for the average traveller, but when you are moving you tend to have a lot more luggage. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor as long as you don't have a lot of luggage.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank snurglefarb
PortobelloManagement, Manager at Portobello Resort Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay!

See you again soon.