“Great value for money!”

Price range: US$19 - US$75
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: WINNER - BEST SEAFOOD RESTAURANT 2014 GC Bulletin Readers Poll WINNER - Best Seafood Restaurant 2013 STATE WINNER - Best Seafood Restaurant 2010 & 2011 Restaurant & Caterers Association Awards for Excellence WINNER - Queensland's Favourite Seafood Restaurant 2010 I Love Food Awards - Lifestyle Channel, Foxtel At Yellowfin the focus is on serving the absolute freshest fish available at a reasonable price with impeccable service and well-trained staff. Meat eaters are also well catered for and we also offer a diverse range of fresh pastas, tasty desserts and a children's menu. With an extensive wine list, Yellowfin Seafood Restaurant offers a truly memorable wine and food experience enhanced by seemingly effortless, efficient service.
Reviewed 30 April 2014

While visiting from NSW we decided to catch up with local friends and we chose Yellowfin as we had a pleasant lunch there last year using a voucher. All four of us chose to order from the special lunch menu which offered 3 courses for $24.95. All of us were very pleased with our choices from the menu - all were of great quality and served promptly by friendly staff. We'll be back!

1  Thank OpaMarnie

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We were staying on the gold coast for the school holidays and after reading about the numerous awards the restaurant had received, decided to try Yellowfin for dinner on Good Friday. We booked for 8 people at 6pm and arrived about 5 minutes before our booking. The lady running front of house then advised that they had no tables available to accomodate 8 (wait didn't we have a booking?!?!) and wouldn't be able to accomodate us at all that night. After a little discussion, we were offered a table in the restaurant next door (SAGE) and would be able to order off the Yellowfin menu.

Seeing as it was Good Friday and everywhere was basically booked out, we had little choice. We were then lead to our table, which was 3 square tables pushed together with 4 seats on each side meaning people were seated in between tables. An issue given the tables weren't even. We asked whether we could seat a person on each end of the table but was told this wasn't possible as they would be in the walkway.

Already pretty unhappy about the whole experience, we then waited 20 minutes before someone came from next door to take our drinks order. Why the staff at SAGE couldn't take them is beyond me, considering the drinks menu is the same at both restaurants.
When our drinks arrive from next door, we order our food so we don't have to wait for a waiter again. The food arrives promptly and despite the woeful service we have received, is pretty decent fare all round.

We enjoyed the mains (although the bouillabaisse was lacking in flavour and more like a watery tomato soup with seafood) so much we decided we would have dessert and another bottle of wine, though we again had to wait 30 minutes for our plates to be cleared and our order taken. In fact if it wasn't for us asking the waiters in SAGE several times if we could order and them eventually going next door and retrieving a waiter for us, I highly doubt anyone would ever have came.

Again, like the mains the desserts were very good and somewhat took the bitter taste out of our mouth but again our plates were only cleared and the bill bought after we bugged the waiters in SAGE several times and they went and got someone from Yellowfin.
We then got another surprise, a 15% surcharge of almost $100 because it was a public holiday. Having worked in the industry, I understand the added costs a public holiday brings however it would have been nice to have been advised there was a surcharge when we booked or were seated instead if hearing about it only when we received the bill.

Overall a very poor experience with possibly the worst customer service I have ever experienced from a restaurant. No explanation or apology for not having a table for us despite our booking, nor the issues with having to retrieve a waiter from next door every time we needed attention and not so much as a complimentary entree for the inconvenience caused.
The restaurant may be highly awarded but the reality I experienced certainly doesn't warrant any awards and if asked my view I would be telling people to go elsewhere.

5  Thank AaronWhite78
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

What a great night. Staff were excellent and informative about the specials and all their wines. Being from NZ I was stoked when I saw Hapuka on the menu. Will definitely be back. Thanks to the Yellowfin team for an amazing night

1  Thank raikag
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My husband and I dined here on the 20th of March. We used a voucher to get the seafood platter and a bottle of wine for $59. It was worth every cent (the food and the wine). Such an abundance and range! What a shame we visited towards the end of our holiday. I would gladly have dined there again. When we return to Surfers, this will be on our list of restaurants to visit.

1  Thank swimwalkeatlaugh
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I had lunch here on a Monday and certainly wasn't disappointed with the great choice. The simply cooked 'Fish-of-the-day' were really good and you have a choice of several fish options. Both starters and mains were really good and tasty and I would recommend.

The restaurant operates a 40% off lunchtime menu - otherwise I doubt I would have eaten here as their base prices are quite expensive. The platters looked fantastic.

Great service and would recommend.