“Romantic dinner for 2”

Champagne Brasserie
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The desire to achieve his dreams of providing amazing food and a memorable experience for his guests are the motivating factors for Chef Olivier Burgos to renovate and expand his existing restaurant Champagne Brasserie. The result is a fresh, new and modern restaurant creating a rustic, provincial, French Bistro feel during the day and a classic, fine dining venue for dinner guests. The food will reflect the new feel of the restaurant but rest assured that Olivier is still at the helm in the kitchen and will continue to entice diners with the Classic French dishes that locals and tourists alike come back for again and again. Champagne Cafe.Restaurant.Bar has been born, with the promise of providing amazing food and service with a new, vibrant offering of Breakfast and Lunch in a venue that will keep you talking!
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My partner and I dined at champagne brasserie and were very impressed. Not expecting much from the outside as the hotel it is in is a bit outdated we were pleasantly surprised to enter a bright and inviting restaurant. The restaurant has a cool vibe with vibrant painting and a chalk board wall but is also very comfortable and romantic. To start the night we were given a complementary fresh baked bread roll which was perfect to mop up the sauce of the crab crepe that we ordered for our entree, which was rich with plenty of crab. For main I had the duck which was cooked perfectly and the sauce was lovely with vanilla and star anise flavours. My partner had the chicken which was equally as tasty. The food has traditional french flavours presented beautifully in a modern restaurant style. The service was a highlight of the night and was faultless from start to finish. We will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were so excited to go to Champagne, but as soon as we got there our enthusiasm dissappeared. The older blonde lady that "greeted" us didn't even give us a smile. While we were eating (the food was delicious, only good thing about that place!) she sat at one of the tables doing her paperwork and office stuff - so so unprofessional! I ordered tea and the young waitress who was "serving" us didn't even bring me sugar! I wanted to ask for it but she disappeared for so long that my tea got cold. She never apologised. The older blonde lady never came around to ask us how everything was. When we left, again no smile and not even a thank you. For the money you pay you would expect a better atmosphere, but we just felt like everything was a nuisance to them - even customers. Very disappointing, wouldn't recommend it!

1  Thank kimmykimmy9
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My partner and I visited Champagne brasserie on Saturday evening and had the most wonderful time. As always the food was spectacular, fresh, wholesome and tastes to die for! The feather on their cap this particular evening though, was the lovely young waitress Paris. When she first introduced herself we thought it was a joke, Paris serving in a French restaurant? But no, that really was her name and the service she provided was constantly with a smile and she made sure that we had a thourghly enjoyable evening. Too often a dining outing is tarnished by Inattentive service but on Saturday evening Paris certainly added to a most enjoyable French dining experience. We look forward to returning soon to try their fabulous mid week special for just $62 for three courses! Well done Champagne and well done Paris, your smile does not go unnoticed!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I had dinner at Champagne with my girlfriend during the week and we had the three course special for $62. It´s a great value for money.

The food was excellent especially the lamb and eye fillet cooked to perfection. As for service the manager took good care of us. he gave us great advice as for the wine and had a very particular attention to every details.

We were seated at a table in the dining area and could enjoy some privacy as tables were not next to eachother. Perftect for a romantic date.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

On 20 June 2014 my son and daughter-in-law held their intimate wedding reception at the Champagne Brasserie and it was just amazing!
From the planning stages through to the final drinks of the evening the whole event was professionally catered and the food was divine. The guest list numbered 14 adults and 3 small children and the wait staff were always on hand to cater to our every need with friendly smiles and prompt responses to our requests.
I would highly recommend this restaurant for any small groups wanting cordon bleu food and 100% attention from staff at very reasonable prices.
Really looking forward to returning soon for the wonderful food, ambience and excellent service!