“Amazing food and service ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Champagne Brasserie - CLOSED

Champagne Brasserie
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The desire to achieve his dreams of providing amazing food and a memorable experience for his guests are the motivating factors for Chef Olivier Burgos to renovate and expand his existing restaurant Champagne Brasserie. The result is a fresh, new and modern restaurant creating a rustic, provincial, French Bistro feel during the day and a classic, fine dining venue for dinner guests. The food will reflect the new feel of the restaurant but rest assured that Olivier is still at the helm in the kitchen and will continue to entice diners with the Classic French dishes that locals and tourists alike come back for again and again. Champagne Cafe.Restaurant.Bar has been born, with the promise of providing amazing food and service with a new, vibrant offering of Breakfast and Lunch in a venue that will keep you talking!
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing food and service ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Went here with friends and had heard about all the positive reviews.
We had shared an entree of scallops and the escargot between the four of us.
For mains, 3 of us had the beef cheeks and 1 ordered lamb
Beef cheeks were amazing and just melted in your mouth.
Desserts we shared the nougat, crepe Suzette, opera cake and the creme brûlée. Highlight was definitely the nougat glacé and the Crepes.
Would definitely recommend !

1 Thank AhBea

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Lovely Dinner but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

My Partner and I enjoyed a lovely dinner at Champagne. The physical restaurant is normally not a place I would go near, it is attached to a very dated hotel, but the meal itself was lovely, though not exceptional as I would have expected given the prices. The restaurant itself was less than ordinary and the ambience (music) was very annoying (Pop is not something you want to hear in a fine dining restaurant). I did bring this to the attention of the staff and was told it was a mix and jazz would play soon- hmmmmm. Note to owner: loose the pop, rock, rap, electronica. It ruins the experience. Finally, jazz did come and the mood improved. The food… the blue cheese duck confit was lovely, the pork was ordinary, and the layered coffee cake was very small but nice. My Partner had the beef cheeks which were beautiful and the nougat glace which was also delicious. The portion sizes were good - you certainly didn't leave full even after a three course meal-that's a good thing, though, some advice to the chef- I definitely would not go smaller on the portion sizes other wise a pit stop at McDonalds after dinner might be in order and that's just wrong.

In summation, perhaps Champagne is resting a bit on their Laurels as many restaurants tend to do after a time in the sun. Champagne needs to make sure that they don't become lax which includes all areas from the actual restaurant, to food, ambience and service.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank 2312Karen
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible customer service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

My partner and I went to this establishment on out holiday to QLD and we were so excited to dine there. We got there, it took them 20 or so minutes to get some menus to us. We ordered the degustation, after being asked THREE times if we were sure that's what we wanted because it is "very expensive" we finally made our order. It was an 8 course degustation that was average at best, with half an hour intervals we were there for a very long time. At the end of the 4 hours we felt like the meal and the customer service was so bad that we didn't even want to pay. The waitress didn't smile, and we felt like we were more of a burden than anything to them. I was very disappointed with this place and had high expectations because of all the great reviews on here. I would definitely not recommend this place to anyone. One of the low lights of a great trip.

1 Thank Ayesha B
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Was a great place for breakfast. Fresh juice great coffee. Friendly staff. Great price. Close to everywhere at broardbeach

Gold Coast, Australia
“AMAZING!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

My Husband and I recently got married and we had our reception here. This place is amazing, there is nothing we can fault at all. We booked out the outdoor area so it was nice and intimate for us and our family and friends. The service was brilliant and the food was just divine. I am looking forward to going there again for our anniversary... lol.

• Visited June 2014