“Must try Mexican, make it lunch!”

The Aztec Broadbeach
Ranked #155 of 286 Restaurants in Broadbeach
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Dine alfresco in the Mall with all the authentic mexican favourites, $5 taco bar, $8.95 margaritas, great value family dining in a lively and colourful themed mexican restaurant. $10 lunch specials every day. Gluten Free, vegetarian options. Huge menu with a great choice of beef,chicken, vegetarian and seafood options. Open 7 days for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We have been to this restaurant before. Lunch is half price every day with a selection of 31 items.Why pay double and go in the evening? This time I found the staff lacking in attention but there was a Country festival happening directly outside which may have influenced this. The food was very enjoyable.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My wife and I have been to this Restaurant about 10 times in the last couple of years.3 weeks ago,when our meals were brought to the table we were pretty shocked to see our meals on small plates fit for a child.It set the atmosphere for the entire experience.Very disappointed at the cost cutting involved.The food was first class though.I always like to order the chicken enchilada and have noticed over this time period the portion size has shrunk considerably,where as before I was hard pressed to finish the meal.The cost of the meals however,has not shrunk. The staff were,shall we say,indifferent.I got up to visit the gents and then again to change tables. Each time I did this I walked past staff,who couldn't give eye contact or offer a simple smile or a hello.Cal and Colleen

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Aztec serve the best ribs I have ever tasted. Beats anything I have had in UK or USA. Main thing is the amount of meat on them, half a rack is plenty and great value. Cooked while you wait they take a bit longer but well worth waiting for!
The sauce is just rick, sticky and delicious, rice and salad great too. With a jug of sangria to wash it down you have the perfect meal.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Wow love it. Been here before. Luv the beef. Luv the flavours. Luv the restaurant. What more can I say

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Would not return, I am a huge Mexican fan & thought I would try this place out. $29.95 for a tiny soggy chicken taco dripping in oil, a terrible tasteless also tiny chicken enchilada & a small bowl of chilli. The chilli tasted like it was out of a can, and the chicken in the taco and enchilada was so disgusting after a few bites I could not bear to eat anymore. I got this meal take away and it would not be an understatement to say it's probably the worst Mexican I have had, flavourless, watery, the chicken was dry and cold. Would not return or recommend.

2  Thank Newzealandgirlx
Michelle D, Owner at The Aztec Broadbeach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear New Zealand Girl - thank you for your review - however the problem with this takeaway and price you have quoted was via a delivery service on the Gold Coast (which has their price margin added onto our cost) and was out of our control, obviously the meal has travelled (tacos do not travel well as takeaway), and by the time you received it (probably after quite a well as it is holiday's on the Coast) it was not nice. For this we apologise as we always put a time on the takeaway lid and perhaps you should check this to see when you actually received it as to why it was not pleasant. We pride ourselves on great food and are disappointed you were not happy, please call the delivery Company and let them know as we cannot control how long they take to deliver the meals unfortunately. Thanks Michelle D