Ringhotel Sonnenhof Hotel
US$90
Hotel Die Alm(Oberkirch)
Landhotel Salmen(Oberkirch)
TripAdvisor
Hotel Pflug(Ottenhoefen im Schwarzwald)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 May 2012

German Gasthof's are always nice, clean and service. How do you knw you have found one? When we drove into the parking lot, a girl was walking around with a small handbroom to pick any dirte on the Parking!
The offer 2 levels of rooms, that day moderate at 74€ and 4 star rooms at 135€. We tool the Moderat and got a very nice large room with a balcony strcething around 2 side og the house.
They have 3 restaurants, a bistro for small scnacks, a solid local food place with a nice terrase and the the gourmet temple, the Bordeaux Stube, which I also have reviewed.
Breakfast was included, but somewhat disapointing due to the bread.
The mountains starts just at the back of the place, so great for exploring the area

Room Tip: Ask for the 'moderate' on 3 rd floor
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank reynheim
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Hotel is actually two different buildings with a courtyard and restaurant in between. The room was a little dated but the bed was comfortable and room was large. Only one person at the hotel kinda spoke a little English, but it was ok. Restaurant food and breakfast was good. Wifi was not free but was a lot cheaper than some other hotels.

• Stayed: September 2011
4  Thank marcieme
Reviewed 31 August 2010

I was very surprised by the high standard of accomodation. The staff were very helpful. They spoke german and I spoke English but with their broken English on my arrival I was provided with advice on how to manage the regional train time table and provided with a rail ticket for the period of my stay. I was also given maps.
The Hotel for me was a resting place after attending two energy zapping academic conferences in United Kingdom. However the location makes a trip to Disneyland Europe a great option. I read a review that staying in this hotel meant a much cheaper option to visit other European cities such as Salzburg and Baden Baden. The food is advertised as high end and I found the meals again affordable but also large and satisfying particularly the specials available at lunch. I would recommend this restful, beautiful and ecnomic hotel. Dr Jann Karp PhD Australia

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Jann255069
Reviewed 11 February 2010

I have family that live in this town, but not sure it is close to anything as far as business, or tourism goes. However, if you want peace and quiet and amazing air quality, stay in Lautenbach and their most modern hotel.

Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NewtonMOM101
Reviewed 19 September 2009

I ended up at this hotel. as the city nearby, where I was going on a business trip, had all hotels full for the date - and I was so delighted with the outcome that I'm planning to do the same during my next business visits. Commuting was easy (by local train), and the hotel allowed me the most restful nights: quiet place, good bed (and pillow!), fresh air, very clean and large room, clean bathroom of a decent size, wardrobe roomy and not smelly, large balcony. Staff very friendly and helpful. The area is beautiful and restful. There are nice walking trails nearby, so one can also have a nice early morning jog in the forest. Not a shopping area though, but a basic supermarket is nearby and the hotel has a nice restaurant. Commuting to places with shops is easy, with comfortable local trains or buses, even if not by car.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business