“Lovely waiters, gorgeous pizza”

Fado Rock Steak House
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Description: Portuguese Steakhouse, Varied Menu and Barbecue Food - Restaurant.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We ate lunch here on the day we flew back to Ireland, I'm kicking myself we didn't discover it during our holiday! Waiters were so friendly bantering with the kids, off to a good start. We all had pizza, which was perfect, lovely crisp base and very generous toppings. They gave us a basket of bread and butter to start, which is unusual in this resort. The interior is cool, movie stars and old rock memorabilia and huge vintage cars and motor bike on display. The staff let the kids into one car and took photos! The reason we never had dinner there was because there was always a queue outside and we were too lazy to book ahead, our loss! Bill for 3 pizzas, 4 large beer and 2 Sprite around 44€. Not cheap, but not excessive either, I would strongly advise you visit.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Having passed this restaurant one evening where there was a line of people waiting outside we decided to try it for lunch two days later. Having ordered a nice steak my expectations were high and I was not disappointed when it arrived. Cooked to my liking and the flavours where outstanding it was one of the best steaks I had ever had. My partner had the paella which was again full of flavour and was enough for two. If ever back the area would certainly be one the first places I would visit.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We visited Fado Rock after reading the lovely reviews. I ordered the Mexican chicken and my partner ordered bbq fillet steak. We had 2 bottles of water to accompany our food.

For dessert we ordered profiteroles and the Oreo dessert. The Oreo dessert had a cute batman topping, which i loved! My partner loved his fillet steak and his profiteroles.

In total our food bill came to 42 euros. We also tipped the waiters for being lovely, fast and friendly (even though they already added their own tip to the receipt). I don't consider this a cheap place, for me i think its quite pricey for a 2 course meal and water.

The downside was my dessert, which had 1cm of water at the bottom of the dish. I tasted the water thinking it was some sort of sauce / syrup- but it was tasteless. Im assuming something had melted. It ruined my dessert and made me feel sick as water mixed with Oreo reminded me of sewage or dirty water. (Avoid the Oreo dessert).

The staff made us feel welcome, and i would go again in future - i just would not order the Oreo dish again.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

The food at the place is amazing. It's worth booking a table as it gets busy. The service is excellent. There is so much choice that you will easily find something you like, the desserts are great too!!

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Ate here twice on our August 2014 holiday, food is good but a few quirky cooking methods, by steak came out rare on cooking stones to cook at the table side, cannot see why the big queues every night. The restaurant next door El Patio the better food and nicer option!