“Poor”
Review of Castillo Beach

Castillo Beach
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have had many budget holidays all over and I have to say my ethos of you get what you pay for was challenged in this one. Firstly a huge very slow moving queue on arrival at reception,only to be told at 1:10 our room won't be ready for about 4 hours . I then proceeded to book my boarding passes off for our return journey I was struggling and so with posters everywhere saying we will help print off your passes I queued again where I was abruptly told no , after feeding the computer €6 I gave in and had to call a friend at home for assistance , shocking service.
Finally given our room keys at approx 3:30 pool side as I paid extra good, inside filthy mucous on shower curtain , dirty bath , urine smelling bathroom , sockets hanging off the walls , filthy fridge , very sweaty smelly sofa bed ,rusty filthy microwave, no air con , just unacceptable and up a very steep hill so be warned if you have mobility issues . Do not book here honestly it will spoil your break .

Room Tip: Don't book
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank jackiMidlands

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here from Thursday 21 November 2013 for 2 weeks - What a place the pool areas and gardens were immaculate. Not a lot of facilities on site due to the month but it was very quiet and the rooms were cleaned.

The villa is a bit small but it had everything in it. The walk down to the beach is about 20 minutes but well worth it for nice shops and restaraunts.

We will definately be back...

Room Tip: Our villa was 10 yards from a great pool
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Sc0tsJandC
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Booked a bungalow by the pool and got one! Most well equipped bungalow/apartment we have ever stayed in, full kitchen equipment, ironing board and iron, hairdryer, kettle, clothes horse and TV. The bungalow was set in middle of many complexes so lots of pools and places to eat/shop at a short distance. We hired a car and was able to visit both ends of Island, sand dunes a must! The Oasis animal park also great! Our only disappointment was the pool water being so cold but we went end of May 14 so maybe wasn't quite heated by sun long enough. Approx 20 minute walk down to the main town and quite a hike to walk back in the heat so a car was a bonus! Thoroughly enjoyed the week here. Very clean and accommodating, my only complaint was the double bed being uncomfortable, some had memory foam mattresses but we didn't, cant have it all. Would definitely stay again if we could have the bungalow by the pool!

Room Tip: Bungalow by the pool
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank janejackntom
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 weeks from 19th June till 3rd July. Bungalows are halfway up the mountain as we were staying in Castillo Beach Moon Village. The Castillo Beach Puerto Bungalows are down near the beach and this is where we thought we were going. 30 minutes walk down to the main area and a trek up hill to get back every day wasn't good for the legs plus pushing a buggy! Bungalows were full of Spaniards, not a British couple in sight and their hyper kids took over the pool area almost every day. Maids helped themselves to food from our room as well. The rooms are well equipped tho with Microwave, Oven, Hob, Kettle, Hairdryer, Iron etc but I don't think I would go back.

Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank wullieboy78
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My girlfriend and me stayed from the 9th of June for 11 nights 2014 we could not fault the place maid service four times in 11 days beach towels supplied for the sun beds not bad for self catering. Great little pool bar that doesn't rip you off 'Eva's .ideal location for everything bars restaurants and shops . There isn't any air con so could be quite warm later in the year we had a couple of warm nights the reception hires out fans but that only circulates the warm air so I wouldn't bother all in all a great holiday and would definitely go back .

Room Tip: Try get a bungalow around the pool
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Steve R
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Excellent value for money. The bungalow was fully equipped with every thing you need. The kitchen had a fridge, kettle, orange juicer, coffee machine, microwave (with grill), oven, hob, iron and ironing board. In the lounge there was a TV and radio, dinning room table and chairs for four and a patio table and chairs for four. The room was cleaned every other day (not Sundays) and the staff were very friendly.

There are bars and restaurants and a supermarket less than ten minutes walk away and the main town is only 15/20 minutes walk away. I didn't eat or drink in the local bars so can't comment on them, there is plenty of choice in the main town.

Free wifi is available in reception but not in the rooms. There are also 2 desktop PC's in reception that you can use for a small charge (Free wifi is available in almost every bar and restaurant).

The reception staff were very friendly and always willing to offer advice etc. When I asked them to order me a taxi to the airport one evening it arrived in about three minutes, (cost about 13 euros each way).

The pool was clean and there are plenty of sun beds, sadly some idiots still reserved them with towels and hardly ever used them.

The main part of town is about a 15/20 minute walk down hill where you will find all kinds of bars, restaurants and more supermarkets etc. If you don't fancy the walk home (which will take a little longer!) a taxi costs 3.50 euros even after midnight.

In summary, I was happy with the facilities, I got what I paid for and I will return again in the near future, this was my second visit this year. If you want upmarket stay at the Barcelo.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
8  Thank PalaceJohn2011
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The resort is a little way back from the main resort, but it is well set out clean and the staff are very professional. Their help was tremendous whilst sorting out the Ryan Air debacle with having to print off boarding passes while away. We dined there once food was OK better than average all inclusive but the bar was good and service friendly and reasonably priced, It is a 15 minute walk into the town and uphill back so be prepared but there are plenty of Taxis if you over indulge.

Room Tip: There are pool side rooms and ones set further back, If you have kids you may wish to keep them in s...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple