We stayed for a week (4th – 11th June) on the Canary Island of Fuerteventura in the Caleta De Fuste area at the hotel Puerto Caleta. We had a 1 bedroom apartment which was quite spacious, very well decorated, and kept spotlessly clean. It was self catering, but did not have a kettle (a pot could be heated on the stove). The terrace was large with a table and 3 chairs plus a large free-standing clothes rack. We were happy with the set up.
There was a very nice pool. Large surrounds with plenty of sunbeds. For the first 4 days we enjoyed it at various times, but 3 days before leaving we arrived home to find it emptied and jack hammers were removing all the tiles. A leak meant a major refurbish. The management were helpful and found us a nearby pool to use – it wasn’t the same! I don’t know how long it was going to take to complete the repairs but at least a week. Check that it is done before you go!
The hotel is excellently located, only 15 mins from the airport, and an easy walk to a variety of restaurants, shops, supermarkets and the beach.
Although the beach (a little stony at the waters edge) is only a few minutes walk away we recommend that you keep walking to the right, following the walkway that cuts through a desert area, towards the Sheraton. There are three beaches that have beautiful sand leading down to the water, no rocks. There is also a bar/ restaurant at the end of a walkway that goes out to sea. Just off this part of the beach there is a shopping centre with a large supermarket.
It was interesting staying on Europe’s largest desert, and we had interesting trips to other areas including the more developed Corralejo area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Puerto Caleta is located in the center of Caleta de Fuste. Surrounded by restaurants, shops, supermarket and near the beach. The Puerto Caleta is located in the center of Caleta de Fuste. The rooms include pay TV. Free Wifi. Also with possibility to rent at reception safe, fans, toasters, kettles, hair dryers and irons. The Puerto Caleta has a pool bar with drinks and snacks. The rooms are one bedroom with living room-kitchen and a bathroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Stayforlong S.L., Expedia, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your Puerto Caleta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puerto Caleta Apartments Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- Puerto Caleta Fuerteventura/Caleta De Fuste