“Hugely dissapointed ”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I have tried to find any positives with our meal and sadly I can't. My wife and I decided on having an Italian for dinner and had passed this restaurant on a few occasions so we decide to pop in. It was quiet and the waiter seated us promptly and took our order for drinks. We chose our food and being an Italian restaurant we wanted some garlic bread with thoughts of a focaccia oozing with garlic and mozzarella melted on top, my wife chose canneloni and I had breaded
pork escalope. When our food arrived our vision of Italian food disappeared in a instant. 1st the garlic bread was as far from my idea of Italian focaccia as it could possibly be, two slices of French stick with cheese on top and dry. My wife's canneloni was equally dry and was served on its own without any sides, as for my meal the pork escalope was ok albeit a little on the thin side and it was served with fries that were rock hard and dry the side of mix veg was very greasy. I was expecting the meal to be served with a tomato based sauce something reminiscent of Italian restaurants the world over. If this was my first visit to an Italian restaurant then it would have left an lasting memory not to visit another fortunately I have eaten enough Italian food not to be put off by this experience. I hope the restaurant reads this review and takes on board some of the things I mention and hopefully for future customers it was an off night and normally the food is top notch.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,401)

Reviewed 18 October 2017

This is a large restaurant with a large menu. Sometimes a place with a huge range of menu choices does none of them very well, but looking around us everyone else seemed happy enough.

We were happy with our choices too – spaghetti marinara and gnocci bologna, followed by tarte limon and profiteroles. The kitchen copes remarkably well with the sheer volume of orders battering them all night, and we were quite surprised at how quickly our food arrived – it took longer to get the bill at the end!

We went back on another night for the tortellini which was tasty. Tried the cheesecake - it doesn’t say on the menu what type of cheesecake it is, so perhaps it changes every night - turned out to be strawberry, but strangely lacking in flavour, despite being slightly sickly-sweet. Odd.

Good value overall though, and decent portion sizes.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

First night in Fuertaventura, we had Pizza and the Sea Bass catch of the day. Very good and excellent value at 16 euros each.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

Had a evening meal here I had spaghetti and my partner had pizza ,service was fine and drinks okay, the mince in the spaghetti had a bitter taste to it in which was not very nice, my partner had a chicken pizza in which was large and looked nice but tasted bland,he had tasted better from a supermarket,overall we were disappointed.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Service and food were both good, we had garlic prawns which were nice and grilled fillet steak which was lovely, and cooked to perfection. Would certainly eat here again.