“Incredible Food - Creative, Tasty Wonderful Experience”

Nestor's Restaurant & Steakhouse
Price range: US$9 - US$29
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Homemade Food With Love And Passion
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We would have walked right by the sign of the restaurant which is not visible walking from the road if not for the high ranking at trip advisor. We (the family) were in Fuerteventura for a week and ate here twice it was so good. Nestor is the chef, from Venezuela, and his wife manage the restaurant (she is English). He has connections in Portugal, etc. to bring to this small island some of the best steaks and ribs I have ever eaten (much better than what can be found in Switzerland at at a fraction of the cost). I know this as Nestor is a most outgoing individual who comes out of the kitchen to make recommendations, check to see if you are satisfied and share stories. Really this restaurant and Nestor and his English wife made our vacation most memorable. The Jack Daniels ribs were some of the best and most generous in meat that I have ever eaten (and we are Amercicans from the South - Florida which says a lot). If I could give 10 stars on a 1 to 10 scale I would. The restaurant fills up fast, so we would usually go there right when they were opening. There is not a lot of seating capacity, so either go early (6:30 PM) or make reservations.

2  Thank camacampo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,191)

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Eat here for dinner last week with my husband. We never booked, but if going, I'd advise you do as this place gets busy and think we only got squeezed in because it was early. We both had ribs, they were not like the rack of ribs we're used to, but they were really really good. They were in a jack daniels sauce which was lovely sticky sweet, and it came with proper home made chips, broccoli and cauliflower cheese and rice. Yum Yum Yum, I couldn't finish even a third of it, so they let me take it away in a box and I had it for lunch the next day, and even shared it with my other half. We saw Nestor floating around the restaurant speaking to his customers, he seemed like a fun friendly chap.

2  Thank anneb78
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Both my wife and I had the Jack Daniels ribs.

I can't really say much other than the ribs tasted amazing, the homemade fires were awesome, the bro collie sides is out of this world... The staff were friendly and the price was very reasonable!

Must visit!

2  Thank Marty C
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We wanted a change from our buffet style all inclusive hotel, so consulted trip advisor and decided Nestors best suited our wishes, and we certainly were not disappointed.
It is a small restaurant in the centre of Caleta de Fuste, and it is advisable to book.
It has an excellent reasonably priced menu, and Nestor himself is a sociable and friendly host.
My wife ordered the Prawn Cocktail which was full of fat succulent tasty prawns with a homemade sauce and I had the spicy and tasty Argentinian Sausage for starters.
For mains we both had fillet steak my wife accompanied by a mushroom sauce and mine with his famous Cream and Rum Caribbean sauce. You get rice, vegetable, a side salad, and real hand cut Scottish Chips. He showed us the potato sack to prove the potatoes originated in Scotland. I'm a big lad so when I finished my steak Nestor brought another at no extra cost but sadly it defied me, and I couldn't finish it.
Wine and drinks are very reasonably priced.
All in all a wonderful experience we intend to repeat in May 2014, but no more all inclusive hotels with restaurants of this quality, and maybe no starter to leave room for those wonderful hand cut Scottish Chips!!

1  Thank Baldintheheid
Reviewed 16 December 2013

struggled to find nestors to start with as its tucked away a Little from the main road,and only really looked due to trip advisors reviews.
we were so glad we did,our meal was quite simply one of the best ive ever had,while here we have had some great steaks but nothing even came close to this place.
quite a homely family feel to the place and nestor walking round offering a drink of some rum from Venezuela made us feel really welcome.
my wife and son had fillet steak and i tried the mixed plate special which was kind of a few small potions of different meals off the menú, when i say small, they wasn´t and i would acvise anyone to give the starter a miss as we all struggled to finish ours even though it was great.
we didnt realice that you should book in advance,but even so,they managed to get us a table
we will be back and would also recomend this place to anyone we know coming to caleta.
cheers