“FANTABULOUS”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Homemade Food With Love And Passion
Reviewed 20 April 2014

we have been to nestors when he had his old place and as always the food was superb and recently we`ve been to his new restaurant and we had amazing food and service is top notch
and wll definitely be coming back for some more beautiful hake seafood

1  Thank MartinNeilon

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Nestor's has now moved up the hill and has taken residence under the Zanzibar [one of the best quieter bars in resort]. Recently opened the new restaurant can accommodate twice as many people ..... more staff and a new chef to help Nestor ... this sounds like it could be a recipe for disaster.

Nestor, Emma and the rest of the team as still ironing out some issues associated with the move, but nothing serious ..... but most importantly the food is still fabulous....... Nestor's is now a lot closer to where we stay, so rather than the 2 or 3 visits we dined at Nestor's 6 times in 2 weeks and sampled more of his dishes than we would normally.... i'm not going to bang on about his fillet steak, as I've been doing that for years, needless to say it is still the best I've eaten and you still need to order one extra cooking level that you would at home..... so for my medium rare i order medium..... don't ask i don't know why.... Anyway, the Carribean Pork is a stunner and would go on my hit list, a little like Pulled Pork, sauce is quite sweet, which i like, so i would recommend. Although i didn't try it myself both my wife and daughter ate the Chicken Topper.... now i can't say its the most stunning dish i've seen, but they ordered it 4 times out of the 6..... basically its a chicken, ham, pepper stack topped with loads of chess.

Any gripes ... not really, steak came a little under cooked one night but Emma sorted it straight away..... pro's .... booking isn't as essential as it was at his old restaurant, but i would still advise booking.

2  Thank MarkWS1964
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We have eaten at Nestors several times (before the move up the mountain) and always been pleased and impressed. However on this occasion I cant say I was impressed. We ordered our drinks and these were brought to the table (wrong drinks) this was rectified .We were thern brought 2 menu's even though there were 4 of us dining .After about 20 minutes a different person came to take our orders. Starters arrived for two of our party and these were lovely. After about an hour one person was given their main meal , 10 minutes later another meal arrived , five mins later another meal and then another five minutes before final meal arrived. Each time a different person put the meal on the table and not with a smile. Normally I expect all meals to arrive together The food is normally delicious however slightly disappointed as it wasnt piping hot .Nestor did come out and chat however we didnt complain as I am hoping this is teething troubles for a new place. One member of staff was very pleasant and she had only started that day !!! however another member of staff was very uninterested and when she collected our plates she made a rude comment re us finishing our meals and not having food left on the plate . Sorry but on this occasion the portions were not 'huge' .My son ordered desert which I have to say Nestor did put some very special finishing touches to it and personally brought it to the table . I will look to visit again however if we find it hasnt improved Im sorry we wont be visiting again as there are other places we visited on this hliday that were better.Sorry nestor's you need to improve

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We visited this place with 4 kids and 4 adults and were so impressed. The chap that runs it takes the time to come out and chat and check you're happy with your meal and the staff seem interested and knowledgeable.
The food was the best we've had in Caleta. My steak was amazing and I'm always dubious about ordering steak. Two of the children ordered child portions of carbonara but the chef read the order wrong and they came out as adult portion but we were told they'd charge us just for childrens-both boys ate the lot though!
Lovely atmosphere and we will surely be back.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

What can I say, the food is awesome and having a chef that brings out and asks you how you're enjoying your food was awesome. Gave it a special touch, thanks!