“Superb - fantastic”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Homemade Food With Love And Passion
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed in resort close to restaurant for a weeks holiday and eat at nestors four of seven days we were here. Food is fantastic, is the best I've tasted, excellent value for money. Definite recommendation to everyone who stays on island.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,210)

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Visit 1

After reading the reviews of this place this was a definite on my list to visit.
We tried to eat here a couple a days after arriving. We turned up early on a Friday night only to find out they were fully booked so booked a table for Sunday as they are closed on Saturdays.
"Wow" am I so glad we did! Definitely the best meal we had in Caleta!
The food is Fantastic!!!
We ordered nachos to start, they were really tasty, there was loads of chilli and cheese on top and everyone really enjoyed them. I'm so glad we only ordered one portion to share as don't don't think any of us would have managed anything else.
For mains my son ordered a kids cheese burger, this has got to be one of the biggest burgers I have ever seen! It was home made with steak and looked great. My son said it was amazing and was the best burger he had ever had!
After much deliberation and discussion with the lady serving us my wife opted for the estafado. The meat was so tender and juicy and came in a lovely sauce. My wife was so happy she had picked this and said it was so tasty!
I had to try a steak after reading the reviews and picked the sirloin in jack Daniels sauce. When I was brought my plate it looked like I had got half a cow, it was huge. I have never had a steak as big in my life! Everything was fantastic, the sauce was lovely and even though the steak was around 3" thick it was cooked perfectly (medium), this takes some real skill!!
Everything about the meal was fantastic and this place is a must if in Caleta but don't forget to book first as you might not get in!
We enjoyed it so much we booked again as we left.

Visit 2

We really didn't think this place could get any better than the first time but wow it did!
We didn't bother with any starters this time as the mains are so big.
After a lot of looking at the menu we order the same as our first visit as we had enjoyed it so much.
Not sure how it's possible but it all tasted even better than the first time and as an added bonus I was given a piece of fillet to try along with my sirloin.
We have booked to return to Caleta next year and this restaurant is the first place we will be visiting and I'm sure we will be there several times over the 2 weeks!

1  Thank Tired-out-dad
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We went to Nestors after reading excellent reviews on trip advisor-the food was of a good quality and there was plenty of it. Nestor himself was lovely and circulated during the evening to make sure everybody was happy with their food.

Service was a bit slow and we waited quite a while for our food- the waitresses were new so this could explain why, as they seemed unsure on what they were doing.

Would probably return to Nestors, although there were other restaurants in Caleta de Fuste that we'd return to first.

1  Thank Steph M
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

The most delicious food on the island. It was always good in the old premises but the new place offers the same quality with even better atmosphere. Huge portions means you never leave hungry.

1  Thank Jennifer P
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We ate here off the back of all the great reviews and definitely were not disappointed! The food is outstanding! My husband had a fillet steak and I had the chicken and we shared deep fried mushrooms as a starter. The amount of food we received was jaw dropping and the quality was phenomenal! The steak was cooked to perfection! Could not fault any aspect of this restaurant if we tried. The atmosphere was lovely, the wait staff were very friendly and attentive, and Nestor himself even made his rounds to every table to have a chat, explain his dishes, and make sure everyone was completely satisfied.
New location took a bit of sleuthing to find as our hotel directed us to the old location. It is up the hill near the Fuerteventura Beach Club. Unless you are already staying in the area or ok with an uphill walk to reach it, I would suggest getting a taxi. But I cannot recommend this restaurant enough! Superb!

2  Thank Heather0685