Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort
Eurostars Las Salinas(Caleta de Fuste)
US$121
US$117
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel Elba Sara(Caleta de Fuste)
US$167
US$165
US$146
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hotel Elba Palace Golf(Caleta de Fuste)
US$231
US$182
US$180
US$170
Barcelo.com
  • Beachfront
Broncemar Beach(Caleta de Fuste)
US$62
US$59
bedfinder
  • Restaurant
Villa Florida(Caleta de Fuste)(Great Value!)
US$76
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
VIP Villas(Caleta de Fuste)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
5,631 results
All reviewssuperior bungalowself cateringtheatre barhalf boardsalt waterbuffet restaurantfamily holidaykids clubel faromain restaurantheated poolgreat holidaybars and restaurantsevening entertainmentmain poolmini golfreception staff
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Lovely resort. But be aware it is BIG and growing.
We arrived around 10pm the reception was pretty full with other arrivals. The lady at the desk just put an x on the map and pointed us in the direction of our room around 45 mins later still hadn't found it. A couple walking past finally directed us to show you the size we were room 3052 and they are currently building rooms in the 4000's be prepared to walk to dinner/ breakfast. From our room was around a 10 min walk out side entertainers every night which was ok. Short walk into town with a good nightlife. Be aware there is no free WIFI anywhere In the hotel and the payment options we're rubbish. Pay 3 hours but it all had to be used in one go or 24 hours all had to be used in one go so couldn't log out n spread it across the week. Food was fab and the oasis park is a must do. The top pall closest to town we preferred the best quieter and the kids pool was lovely. Although salt water pools so your eyes sting!! The beach was also lovely.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Naomi110391
Reviewed 22 June 2014

WARNING: This review goes on and on :)

Booked with Expedia: Very Good
Travelled with Ryanair: Very Good
My holiday was for 9 nights from the 11th June 2014 to the 20th June 2014
Self Catering only.
I travelled with friends. However we all had our own rooms and only spent about 30% of the holiday together, this was by choice and how we all like it.

I am only able to upload 25 pictures on here, I have taken over 700 pictures while on holiday, room, hotel, beach, whole area etc... so if you want any just drop me a message and I will forward you as many as possible. I am also trying to upload the 11 videos I have but it comes up with error!!. I will keep on trying!

Video log below:

7: Spa area
8: Beach
9: Shopping centre
Plus more

I noticed that there was a lack of pictures and videos for this resort, so did intentially take extra pictures and videos for this purpose. I also took pictures of leaflets etc... so you can zoom into maps of the site and excursions available,also the rules and costs for things on site, restaurants etc...

I made a mistake when booking this resort, because I booked the Castillo Beach Hotel which is nothing to do with "Barcelo" luckily I figured this out 2 weeks before my holiday started. So please make sure you book the Barcelo resort. Expedia were happy to change this for me. Thank you.

Ryanair staff were great and very friendly and professional, thank you for the excellent service.

Regarding the resort I only booked a basic superior room, because Expedia did not give the option to select beach/sea view etc... You can only leave a note. However I did notice that you can book a room directly with Barcelo which is much cheaper and you have options to select the room you want. I did register with Barcelo as a new member, if you want to also, the link is below:

I took some advice from a another TripAdvisor and emailed the resort to request for a beach view room. It took me a while to find the correct email so if you are going to this hotel? then below is the email :) I would advise that you email the resort if you have any requests.

elcastillo.front@barcelo.com
(please allow about 48hrs for a response) They responded and stated that they have noted this but I only booked a basic room and can only give a beach view room out if it is avialable on the day.

I was also advised that when I land at the airport to not go on the transfer bus and to just jump in a taxi because it only cost about 12 euros and is much quicker. I am so glad I did this, I even booked a seat on the plane at row 2 so I can be one of the first ones to get off and not get stuck in a que.

I only took holdall luggage so it was so simple, one man checks your passport, up the escalator, walk straight forward past the baggage area and out the automatic doors, the taxis are all lined up to the right, I was at the hotel within 15 minutes and the flight arrived 20 earlier than scheduled :)

Check in was superfast. At front desk was Rebeca and her colleague. I stated that I requested for a beach view room via email and if there are any available? they checked and realised there was none :( However Rebeca's colleague was fantastic, she said never mind, I will get you to check a few rooms out and you can decide which one you want to stay in?

Please note I only had this option because I was there before everyone (I know that everyone on the plane is not going to be going to the Barcelo, but there were a few).

You complete a basic simple form that will take you a few minutes if that: your name, passport number and email, SIMPLE!

I was given room number 5117 to check first, I knew from reading the prior reviews on here that this was the newly refurbisned area, so I was already happy :)

I was issued a site map of the area I was going (view pictures), which is near the car park. I signed for the below before I checked my room:

Iron = 3 euros per day (20 euro deposit, which is returned)
Beach Towel = 10 euro deposit (forgot charge)
Safe key = 7 euro deposit (forgot charge)

Finding my room was easy (watch upoaded video) the surrounding area was really nice and well maintained. I entered the room and WOW I was very happy, very spacious, modern, nice kitchen, two balconies, two flat screen TV's, large wardrobe, shower room etc...

I got so caught up with the room that I put all my clothes in the wardrobe, had a shower, got changed and then returned to the front desk to say I like the room :)

I have to say, that the front desk staff and the cleaners are OUTSTANDING!! They go out their way to make you feel comfortable, nothing was too much for them.

There is over 100 TV channels available, including BBC World News, BBC1, BBC2, ITV and C4. There are lots of european channels, all work fine.

The bed matress was a bit too soft for me, but no big deal. Wardrobe had 10 clothes hangers which was needed. Sewing kit, shoe polish, laudry service available.

Shower light did not work, but was no big deal. I did not report this to front desk, but I am sure they would have replaced it, if they knew.

The only things I believe the resort need to improve on is:

1: WIFI, I had coverage in my room, however I know a few people complained because they had none but were being charged 7 euros and having to take the risk to see if there room is covered, if not they had to come to reception to use it. This is unacceptably and you should never charge for a service you cannot provide. All you have to do is audit the areas that have coverage and either sort it out or charge them less because they have to come near to the front desk area to use it.

WIFI in this day on age should not be charged by a 4 star resort, the management should really look into this and make the changes.

2: Thalasso Spa and gym, which is near the 3000+ bungalows (view picture map) charges 5 euros a day to use the gym only and 20 euros a day to also use the gym and spa i.e. heated swimming pools, jacuzzi and turkish baths. I found out from a local that he pays 35 euros a month to use everything, so why is Barcelo charging such high prices? They really need to reduce these over priced charges.

3: Sea Salted pools is a no no for me, really spoils the experience of enjoying a nice relaxing swim without the nasty salt taste in your mouth.

Like I said earlier, the cleaners and front desk staff made my holiday amazing, 70% of my score goes to them and 20% to the room, the other 10% goes to the lovely surroundings.

There is a shop just to the left of the front desk, you can get most things there. There are lots of shops just a few minutes walk down the road to buy most things you need.

The best restaurant I went to was the "Resturante Chino, Great Wall" at Castillo Centro, the service and food was incredible!

I also received excellent service from Yousef when I visited the "Aberdeen Steak House" at Queralt Y Laudum. However I did notice they had an issue with flies attacking customers steaks that were served on a hot slate, and how can I forget the black cat that waits patiently under a vacant table hoping for you to lauch your scraps it's way :)

There is so much to do on the resort, from watersports to quad biking. The beach just outside the Barcelo resort is wide and long however I believe it needs the pebbles and stones removed and fresh white sand topped up. The best area of the beach for me is the Isla side, just to the rear of the Sheraton, nice and peacful.

I loved my early morning walks along the beach and beyond, if you like walking or jogging, then you will be very happy, the area is so quiet until about 9.30am when it starts to pick up. I was out by 6.30am and did not return until about 8am.

Most shops open at 9.30am. Everything is a few minutes walk away, so if you want to be really lazy, ask for a bungalow in the 3000 area, everything is just a stones through away.

I can honestly go on about this resort and please ask me any questions you want. I will advise you all to view the videos I have uploaded, So you can see if this resort is right for you or your family, friends.

Until my next review, happy holidays :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
13  Thank EarthTablet
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Myself and two daughters (16 and 20) stayed for 1 week in June.
We arrived late at night - the bungalow was a little bit away from the main activities so we requested one closer to the pool; we didn't mind paying the 30euros extra which seemed to be compensated by the free all inclusive breakfast they gave to us whilst waiting for the new bungalow to be cleaned.
Although we chose self catering the all inclusive appeared fabulous (if not over facing), but we were glad we stuck to self catering as overall it was quite cheap to eat out (much cheaper than all inclusive) and gave us something to look forward to in the evenings.
Overall it was quite a pretty complex, but a bit too large for us. It was quite dark and there were not many people around at night so we didn't venture out after about 9.30pm, on the one night we did my daughter fell in a pot hole on one of the unlit pavements just outside the complex. Within the complex the lighting was not good enough really and we felt a bit vulnerable.
During the day we noticed a lot of people from neighbouring apartments using the pool or cutting through to get to their own apartments. Still, there were always plenty of sunbeds so it wasn't a problem.
The beach was lovely, but the nicer beaches were further up (about a 20 min walk). If you stand facing the sea with barcelo behind you and turn right and keep following the footpath you come to one of the loveliest beaches I've ever experienced. You also find a small indoor shopping area which resembles a Mall. I think if I were to ever go back I'd prefer to be up that end of CDF as it appeared more 'up market' but in saying that the Cafes/shops near the Barcelo tended to be friendlier with more down to earth types staying around there.
The Bungalows were quite nice, the tv was invaluable to us and we loved the True Movie Channel - but we were charged 25euros each for wifi which was useless.
I would not go back there - it was lovely but a tad boring for us, there was no music around the pool where we were and there was a lack of holiday atmosphere, I rarely saw anyone from the Hotel - I feel a refurb with plenty of lighting and perhaps a few more pool tables around the place would do it the world of good.
The price for one week was very good as we went with Lowcost holidays and found a great deal, I feel it would be wonderful for a couple and for families with young children - but for me and my two young daughters we were glad to come home after about 4 days and found the last three days a drag - this was more to do with the resort than the complex though.

Room Tip: Request a room near to one of the pools otherwise you may find you are put across the road.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank blondewillow
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Just spent 12 days in June at the Barceló Castillo Beach resort in Caleta de Fuste Futerteventura and was rather disappointed. Booked independently and paid for AI. A 2 bed bungalow on the opposite side of the road was fair with A/c in all rooms, bathroom with shower, no shelf for shampoo etc. or hand rail for those who are a little unsteady, big overhead shower so you had to wash your hair every time (sorry ladies) and no towel rack. Restaurant (self-service buffet style) very busy/noisy but with a fair range of meals, staff very slow to replace empty food trays and to clear tables. The pool area next to the castle was ok, but pool tiles missing and the surrounding footpath was very rough. The evening entertainment in the arena bar was worse that Hi-de-Hi, very amateur, bar service was non-existent with AI guests having to serve themselves with all types of drinks but having to use cheap plastic glasses. Why, when a premium price has been paid? If you want to play tennis, paddle tennis, mini golf, rifle shooting, and archery or just take to kids to the mini club you have to walk along the prom for about 1k, towards the next Barceló hotel. There are very limited announcements as to what is going on and often changed from the notice board at the last minute. There is much building work going on with a hotel extension and a new harbour, fork trucks, JCB’s, HGV’s passing by the children’s pool daily making noise and dust everywhere. In front of reception the gardens are immaculate, elsewhere is another story. WiFi is expensive and useless and not included in AI, use a local bar or even the supermarket where it is free. Staff are quiet helpful, reception, restaurant, and entertainment (Separate Company) the cleaning team also but under pressure to get on with the job. Take a torch as missing light bulbs are not replaced! We have been to many Barceló hotels, this one is very, very big. Only 3 stars not 4 as advertised and definitely won’t be going there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Keith B
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We visited for our honeymoon with reservations about a touristy resort. As it happened we loved the feel of the place, low rise and spacious with a sense of privacy. The bungalows are close to facilities, sea and surrounding streets. The resort is excellently maintained, very pretty and clean with lots of greenery and the food is of a restaurant quality with a huge selection.
We went early June, which was perfect, just busy enough for an atmosphere but very quiet and relaxing. Staff were hardworking and really friendly. Facilities are great, lovely pools and food. We stayed for entertainment twice, both were of a pretty good quality and were not too cheesy (a Beatles tribute and dancing performance). There are some nice bars with live music nearby.

We didn't use any of the animation services, but we will definitely return with the kids as what we saw of the kids clubs etc looked really good.

This resort has enough to do for a week or two without being in your face cheesiness and chaos.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple