All reviews these apartments pool bar ceiling fan in the bedroom indian restaurant next door privately owned apartment recommend villa superior apartment central location restaurants and bars legends bar door step except sunday ring hob lovely complex el patio fado rock self catering holiday
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Booked these apartments last year and was very dubious as they were only 2* but I did read the previous reviews and thought yeah we’ll give this a try well couldn’t of picked any better paid the extra for a superior apartment and its absolutely beautiful perfect for what we need and location is within good walking distance to beach also. Apartment has everything you need for brekkie lunch n dinner , if making a dinner, we always went out. Just need to buy small things like salt pepper kitchen towel but has fridge/freezer 2 ring induction hob kettle toaster and microwave/combi oven very clean and very private perfect for families and young/older couples alike. About 5 minute walk to supermarkets and shops with beach being 10 mins or less , loads of places to eat and can recommend Profumi Italian Pizzeria and also The Great Wall Chinese visited this place twice already and plan an early dinner before we head home overall lovely resort to visit and will definitely be back and stay at same apartments which are very secure no access for public just residents.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yvonne R
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

We used a private apartment on villa florida so the room was done out to the owners standard,we managed to get 5 in 4 adults and a babby, myself and wife had pull on bed in living room,daughter boyfriend and son in the bedroom,Yes lilttle small for the amount of people but we only used it for sleeping etc, again the pool is great no fighting for the sunbeds in the 2 weeks we was there, salt water pool but baby loved it,overall top class stay

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

On arriving at the apartments we were very happy with the beautiful grounds and nice feel of the place.
The apartment was basic with the worst bed/sofa I've ever had to slept on. The bathroom left a lot to be desired, I could cope with a bit of rust on the tap but the actual bath was mouldy and the shower head was thick with clumps of timescale.
Putting all that a side we went off to but my son an inflatable for the generous sized pool... this is where out all went horribly wrong. At no point are you told pool rules or given a list of does and donts. It's on a tiny board not visible and clearly not in a good spot.
No inflatables..no balls of any size..no diving..no jumping..no playing.
So basically if you have active kids that love the pool this is not the place for your family. You can swim only.
Oh and no t-shirts unless they are spf50 lycra. Kids were burning and were not allowed to cover up. Disgraceful.
The manager didn't understand English very well and just shrugged her shoulders when spoken to.
2 lifeguards work and both extremely rude.
Based just on the pool situation I wouldn't stay again

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank shellydavies270376
Reviewed 23 August 2018

Just arrived home after spending 2 weeks at Villa Florida. Overall we had a fantastic time, our two bedroom apartment (Premium) was clean and spacious, and the beds were very comfortable.
Although the premium apartments do look quite high end; they’ve clearly been filled with budget fixtures and fittings. The door to our apartment dragged across the floor and was difficult to open, the wardrobe door had clearly come off its runners and I had to lift it each time I opened it, and our air-conditioning unit repeatedly leaked down the wall. I never reported any of these issues to reception as ultimately they were just minor annoyances, but worth noting none the less. I will add that the kitchen is far too small for what is clearly designed to be a family apartment, and this was a constant annoyance at lunchtimes. We ate out every night, but if you’re planning on doing any serious cooking; it’d be impossible!

I’d like to address some of the “Hot Topics” from previous reviews regarding this hotel, and give my opinion based on my personal experience:

Swimming Pool: Villa Florida has a great pool, and I think the size is acceptable for the amount of guests likely to be using it at any one time, it never once felt overcrowded. The pool is salt water.

Note: Villa Florida does not permit the use of large inflatables, this is pretty standard practice at most hotels and I actually view this as a good thing, if everyone decided to put a giant pink flamingo in the pool you wouldn’t be able to move! Young children appear to be allowed small rubber rings, toys etc.

Life Guards: I’ve read various reviews stating that a certain female life guard was ruining everyone’s stay, yet in the two weeks I stayed here I didn’t once see a female life guard, therefore I assume she no longer works here? 90% of the time; the life guard was a young lad who was very polite and only stepped in if he saw something dangerous occurring, or to tell someone not to place a MASSIVE inflatable in the pool.

There was a second life guard however, an older man, who spent most of his time talking on his phone. On my last day; me and my son were taking it in turns to jump into the pool. This life guard came over and asked me to stop jumping in! I told him that in the 2 weeks I’d stayed at the hotel; not once had I been told I wasn’t allowed to jump in. I pointed to the sign which clearly showed no such rule regarding this, and basically just ignored him.

Red Lion Pool Bar: I’ve read various reviews stating that the gentlemen who runs this bar was repeatedly rude to guests. Not once did I experience this kind of behaviour; nor did I see anyone else having issues with him. In all exchanges with him he was polite, and was particularly friendly to my children.

Overall I had a great stay at Villa Florida, but I get the feeling it’s staff are conflicted between the views of the hotels guests and that of the locals who privately own some of the apartments. Particularly at the pool; there is a real lack of consistency regarding the rules between different life guards – This needs to be dealt with!

Would I stay here again? – Yes. Will I stay here again? – Probably not, simple because there are private villas available for slightly more than this hotel costs.

Best local restaurants are Fado Rock and 15.

Room Tip: Get a premium room as the standard rooms look gross.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Tom H
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Visited here in June and really life led the hotel although our room had no air con. The Villa's and the social areas were kept very clean all the staff were very friendly. Central location to go for meals and get bus to excursions. Short walk to beach and shops. Very happy with hotel I would return.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple