“Best Holiday we have had!”

Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 January 2012

This holiday was just supposed to be cheap get away and we were not expecting much. However the holiday was fantastic and we did not want to come home. The hotel and staff were great and the beach down the road was beautiful and the pool was lovely as well. The rooms and the indoor spa were lovely and the food was brilliant. The only thing i would say is that the entertainment in the evening could do with being looked at and re vamped. Thanks to everyone who made it a great holiday !

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank becd931
Write a ReviewReviews (9,194)

Reviewed 17 January 2012

This was our third time in the Barcelo, we last stayed here 2004. We stayed this time for a week which included New Year. Not much changed in the Hotel, still very nice, great location on beach. The food was very good. In particular the New Year Dinner was fantastic. Huge range of food, the dining hall looked great. The Hotel went to great effort to make the night special, also providing free top ups of wine and little party bags, the tables were beautifully laid with very nice decorations and candies. We stayed in Block 3, a bit away from Reception but also away from any noise from Cabaret and pool. Our rooms were spotlessly clean and serviced every day. There was also a nice touch of bottle of champagne and some candies left in our room on arrival.
On the negative; Reception area not great, always seemed to be a queue and I didn't find the staff all that friendly. If you wanted an iron, it had to be hired from Company outside of Hotel along with fee payment. The Bar staff both inside and outside so slow!! We ended up going for drinks in different bars. The elevators in Block 3 need to be serviced badly, everytime the lift stopped you were jolted about quite badly. In the pool area we noticed that most of the seats around the heated pool were reserved very early in the morning with guests leaving towels on them. This drives me mad... There is a notice in guestbook not to reserve seats, however, when i complained to Reception they told me they would do nothing!!!
I don't think I would come back to the Hotel as for the two of us not really worth the money paid. Different if we had the children with us, then we would make us of all the amenities. Would probably us the Barcelo apartments next time.

3  Thank orladDublin
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We stayed here for Christmas and were a little worried after reading some of the other reviews but we we absolutely delighted with the hotel, the staff, our room and the absolutely fantastic food. The shows in the evening were unbelievably good, far better than any we have ever seen in other hotels. The Christmas Day gala meal was superb with unlimited choice of fresh well cooked food and there was always plenty of choice. The drinks were great in the bars with really good wine at meal times. Lovely for walks along the sea front in the day time and close to other bars and shops for a change at night. We have just booked up again for this Christmas as it was such a great experience. We would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to any one. We went with Thomas Cook and I must say we thought the service we got from them was also excellent so we have no hesitateion in travelling with them again.

Room Tip: Block 3 is very sunny in the afternoon so lovely to sit on the balcony watching the sun go down.
7  Thank Ivyjane17
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Just back from the Barcelo Spa and we both thought the staff,accommadation,food and hospitality were great,had a relaxing time sunbathing by the pool and lovely walks along the seafront,the shows they put on at night (lion king,grease,4 tops etc) were very well done and a great end to the day.
Already thinking about booking again for next year..........

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank foodtec
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I booked this hotel last minuite in November, I went over on my own and I didnt like the idea of being on my own at all.
But ive got to say the staff made me feel very welcome, and I met some really nice people at the bar. There is entertainment every night, food is excellent, pool nice.
The hotel is on the beach front and close to all bars and shops, the location is great. There is a spa and tennis courts.
The only downside I paid for internet, yet I couldnt get it in my room, so I had to go to the bar (what a shame! ;)
I would recommened this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank diseySpain
Reviewed 15 January 2012

On previous reviews you will have seen we normally holiday at the Barcelo Beach Resort however this Christmas and New Year we came back to the Hotel.

This review is all about the excellent service and enjoyable experiences we had on this stay so if you want to read about negativity then this review is not for you.

Using Ryanair from Glasgow PIK we flew to Fuerteventura Airport which is very close to the resort indeed 15€ taxi fare then checked in at reception. Our check in ran smoothly after a small wait but this delay was only because reception does such a good job explaining to the new arrival the procedures in the Hotel.

After checking into our favourite room in the past (I am keeping the number secret in case you ask for it and I dont get it) we set off to see the changes and improvements and I am pleased to say everything was looking good, fresh, clean and tidy.

In the Hotel day and evening entertainment is of the highest standard with shows in the evening performed in the excellent entertainment suite. Drinks are easily ordered in this area and brought to your table saving you the trouble of going to the bar and negotiating your way around the tables. Outside acts perform live on stage frequently and on the other nights the entertainment team do shows such as Grease, We Will Rock You, Lion King and Les Mis.

The pool side area and gardens are well kept with the waste buckets emptied throughout the day. The pool area has lots of sun beds and a towel service is available.

The poolside bar provides excellent service and is also where snacks and meals are provided for guests who dont want to go to the dining room. The bar staff here is friendly and efficient and serve with a smile.

Food is an important part of our holiday and after dieting and watching what we eat before going away we like to enjoy our food.
Breakfast- Buffet breakfast service with lots of hot food, show cooking, continental choices and juice bar.
Lunch- Great selection of hot and cold foods, excellent choice of salads, soups to die for and a huge selection of deserts.
Dinner- Even more choices than lunch time with some excellent choices from the show cooking area.
Gala Dinners- Our first Gala dinner was Christmas where there was a choice of 2 sittings this meant that service was unrushed and relaxing made the meal all the more enjoyable. The usual Turkey was on the menu but was enhanced but an excellent choice of seafood, spanish hams and delicacies. As usual I ate too much but this is not to be missed and yes I did have room for pudding!
New Years Eve this is the big one a truly spectacular meal with a huge selection of seafood including Langoustines, Huge Prawns, Crab, Lobster Claws and Spanish Hams including Iberian Ham where the pigs are fed on Acorns, Serrano Ham is good but this is in another world. For the main course how about beautiful steaks, roast duck, lobster thermador and suckling pig to name but a few of the choices. Excellent Red and White Wines were served with the meal then onto the deserts in all my stays in hotels throughout europe I have never seen such a wonderful choice of deserts both at this meal and on every other meal we had during our stay. The management of the hotel oversee the dining room at mealtimes and the head waiters ensures the smooth running while the waiting staff provide a friendly and efficient service.

We had a wonderful stay at the Hotel and look forward to coming back later in the year.

Yes we would recommend the hotel to anyone looking for an enjoyable quiet holiday in a good hotel on the beach. If you are looking for lots to do it is best to point out that the resort of Calleta De Fuste is not a place for a wild time but provides all the amenities for a quiet family holiday.

15  Thank donaldsonstewart
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Just got back from a weeks stay at this hotel. Weather was a little dodgy but this hotel was excellent. Can't believe people have moaned about the food. I've stayed in lots of all inclusive hotels, all 4 or 5 star and the food here is up with the best of them. Loads of choice, plenty of hoot freshly cooked food available from the grill section. No real queues although as there's only one restaurant, and it was January so fairly quiet I can see there might be difficulties at peak holiday times.
Entertainment was brilliant - the best I've ever come across at a hotel. I thoroughly enjoyed their spin on Lion King, and We Will Rock You!

No problems at all with the bars. Service was pretty quick. The pool bar has an area where All inclusive guests can help themselves to beer, wine and soft drinks, and bar snacks as well as proper bar seervice if you want it. Vast choice of drinks, many free to all inclusive guests and a clear price list showing what extra you had to pay if you wanted a more upmarket brand of drink.

Rooms are large, beds are gigantic, and everything throughout the hotel is clean. Pools were very cold even though one was supposed to be heated - this was the only downside for me

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Hotel Elba Carlota
Hotel Elba Carlota
#6 of 27 in Antigua
Avanti Hotel Boutique Fuerteventura

Been to Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa? Share your experiences!