Overall excellent hotel.
We had a superior room in block 3 which is furthest from reception but not too bad a walk really. Modern and clean. Only bad point about the whole holiday is the air con - completely useless and room felt humid. All rooms in block 2 and 3 appear to have great views over pool / sea.
Hotel location is fantastic, expected it to be a very quiet area however there are plenty of shops, bars and restaurants. Recommend a visit to the curry house over the road, Taj's, we had the BEST curry ever here! Not cheap but absolutely worth every penny.
Down the road is also an indoor shopping centre, about a 25 min walk along the beach or a 3 euro taxi trip. Mc donalds and burger king can be found here. Plus a large supermarket, a few shops and a small arcade. If youre going out of the back of the hotel along the beach, head right and this is where you can find the shopping centre and midway is an area of 'wasteland' where there are wild chipmunks who enjoy a few monkey nuts! Head left and you will find a small harbour with boat trips, a sealion, and you can feed the fish here. We paid for a one hour submarine trip which included a sealion show, NOT recommended. You see one type of fish and it is v v v cramped, sealion show is a joke, one sealion behind a metal fence in a very small area which you have to crowd around, it seemed cruel...
Trips - went to oasis park (zoo) and the water park. Both small-ish in comparison to the other parks on the canaries but get you out for a day at fairly reasonable prices. Both 40mins away but include coaches in the price, we booked with last minute travel, shop just down the road from hotel. Oasis park turns out to be a long day so beware.. theres only so much you can do there and there's nothing outside of the park. The water park however is located in Corralejo which is a larger town, again with plenty of shops etc and also has a market on Fridays so again, worth a trip, also stops at the sand dunes on the way which is a lovely sight. Entertainment - fantastic. A lot better standard than we have ever seen in the canaries. Includes popular shows such as grease and lion king and also magicians, abba tributes etc. Worth watching. Great entertainment team. Brilliant set up with getting drinks here, waiter had a small hand held computer, takes your order and someone brings your drink over - great!
Food - well cooked but very repetitive. Food available pretty much all day. Snack bar around pool area serving burgers, pasta etc. In all honesty got really bored of the evening meal but standard of food cannot be complained about. Breakfast buffet was fantastic, real english fry up if thats what you fancy!
Staff were always friendly and very helpful. Pool areas always clean and never a problem getting a sun lounger at any time of the day, be it in the shade or the sun. No worries about having to reserve one early.
Most of the guests at the hotel were english which was great.
Wonderful atmosphere, location and staff. Recommend upgrading to a superior room which is the more modern rooms. Having looked at a couple of the older rooms, the difference in standard is significant. The hotel appear to be making effort to refurbish more rooms and communal areas at present which is about due. It appears most modern rooms are in block 3 from what we saw?
Recommended!! Would return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa**** hotel, awarded with the prestigious Tourist Quality Q price, is located on the beachfront in the privileged enclave of Caleta de Fuste. Only 7 km. from the airport and 15 km. from Puerto del Rosario, capital of Fuerteventura - you will be able to enjoy an amazing holiday. Its large and fully equipped rooms, its countless and superb services and its extraordinary location make our hotel a desired destination for all types of holidays: you can enjoy a relaxing holiday, a romantic getaway, an experience full of sports or even a business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Barcelo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- Barcelo Caleta De Fuste
- Hotel Barcelo Fuerteventura
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa Caleta De Fuste