As one who uses Trip Adviser reviews when planning a holiday I try to give a fair and honest assessment. As the title suggests this was an excellent holiday.
Flights from UK are all scheduled to arrive at approx. the same time so coaches wait at airport till they are full, this can lead to an extended wait. As previous reviewers have suggested, take a taxi, only 10 minutes and cost 12 euros, well worth it! On arrival we were informed our room wasn't ready, but were fitted with our 'All Inclusive' bands and instructed to go for lunch have a drink and return at 3 o'clock. On return the queue at reception was quite long but staff were pleasant and efficient so queue quickly dealt with. We were allocated a room in block 2 with excellent sea and pool views. Room was one of the best we have been in, spacious and spotlessly clean. Like the idea of shower and toilet in separate area from wash basin and mirrors. No need to wipe down mirrors after showers...... I have read previous reviewers upgrading to Superior room but apart from free wifi I can't see much reason for this. I don't go on holiday for wifi, anyway there are plenty bars and cafes near by with free wifi if that is your thing.
The restaurant was usual buffet style all the food excellent and plentiful. The breakfast was first class with wide selection of fresh fruit and cereals, the cook to order omelettes and eggs especially good. At dinner the grill selection was very popular and some queues did occur but the food normally worth the short wait. Waiters were very efficient at clearing tables and never had any problem finding a table at any time.
The entertainment was usual fix of live shows and 'mimed' animation team versions of shows and musicals. Live shows were of high standard but mime shows were passable for an hour or so. Don't think Les Mis is exactly fun filled holiday entertainment, but that's a personal opinion. The bar staff very friendly and helpful. Never saw any example of half board guests getting preference over AI guests. Check the bar menu on the tables in the bar, some 'branded' drinks i.e. Smirnoff are available on All Inclusive. Only discovered this on last night, probably just as well.....
Pool area very nice, ample sun loungers and never a problem finding one, yes some are reserved early but at the time we went don't think there was any need for this. Never ventured in the pool, as previous reviewers have stated it seemed to be very cold judging from expression of those who did try it.
Hotel spotlessly clean throughout, garden and pool area well maintained. Would we stay here again? would we recommend to friends? Yes and Yes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa**** hotel, awarded with the prestigious Tourist Quality Q prise, is located on the beachfront in the privileged enclave of Caleta de Fuste. Only 7 km. from the airport and 15 km. from Puerto del Rosario, capital of Fuerteventura - you will be able to enjoy an amazing holiday. Its large and fully equipped rooms, its countless and superb services and its extraordinary location make our hotel a desired destination for all types of holidays: you can enjoy a relaxing holiday, a romantic getaway, an experience full of sports or even a business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Hotelopia, Travel Republic (UK), Barcelo, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- Barcelo Caleta De Fuste
- Hotel Barcelo Fuerteventura
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa Caleta De Fuste