Booked through First Choice, so all inclusive. Limited drinks included. The maid service will not replace water in the mini fridge in your room - you have a choice of payment options! However, make friends with the waiters - that way you can get unopened water bottles at the end of the day and take them back with you. You can only have wine or beer with dinner - no other alcoholic drinks can be taken into the one and only restaurant.
The pool bar serves salad, pizza, chips and hotdogs - great for kids.
There is only one pool that is heated- the smaller pool, and that is the only pool anyone goes in, so it does get a bit cramped. The other pool is too cold - people jumped in, then quickly ran to the other pool to warm up!
Animation team are excellent. The outside acts are poor in comparison.
You have to pay a deposit for pool towels £10 - standard, you also have to pay to get £2 daily to get them changed. For the in room safe, a non-refundable deposit of £5, and a daily payment of £3. Doesn't sound like a lot, but when you expect to pay nothing with an all inclusive holiday, paying out £50 for things usually included is a pain.
Hotel also has no sunbeds on the beach, so you'll have to pay £10 per sunbed if you want to escape the hotel pool for a day.
Main restaurant is okay, food is typical. I wasn't keen on many dishes so the chef kindly offered to make me a different dinner each night :)
Whole hotel is really clean.
Check out is at 12pm. Every hotel I have stayed in before during peak summer months, has had another room for you (at a cost) if you have a late flight. This hotel tells you to check a couple of days before you fly. Then the day before. Then the evening before you fly. And after all that, you are told that they have no rooms available throughout the 3000 rooms! Apparently this is completely normal for them, so I would advise you to book late check out if you can as this is the only way it is available (not available through First Choice).
Hotel will also remove your all inclusive at the 12pm/check out in peak season - even if you didn't get to the hotel until 9pm on the day of arrival!
NO FREE WIFI!!!!! High charge for WiFi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa**** hotel, awarded with the prestigious Tourist Quality Q price, is located on the beachfront in the privileged enclave of Caleta de Fuste. Only 7 km. from the airport and 15 km. from Puerto del Rosario, capital of Fuerteventura - you will be able to enjoy an amazing holiday. Its large and fully equipped rooms, its countless and superb services and its extraordinary location make our hotel a desired destination for all types of holidays: you can enjoy a relaxing holiday, a romantic getaway, an experience full of sports or even a business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Barcelo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- Barcelo Caleta De Fuste
- Hotel Barcelo Fuerteventura
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa Caleta De Fuste