We had done our homework and read lots of reviews, and the hotel was as we expected, and we were generally very happy with it.
But when calculating the price you're going to pay, make sure to factor in the hidden costs of parking, room safe, wi-fi, mineral water with lunch/dinner (if on half or full board), and charge to change pool towels.
The shows are a roughly 50/50 mix of two formats:
a) Musicals (The Lion King, Grease, etc.), with the animation team miming (lip-syncing) to the soundtrack from the movie or stage show.
b) Chinese Acrobats show, Flamenco show, other dance shows, etc.
I preferred the second type, as the first type are a bit "fake", though enthusiastically performed.
The buffet food was of a good standard, with a fair degree of variation, but the buffet format itself can get repetitive, especially if you are on full board or All Inclusive, or staying for longer than a week or so. We were on half board, so had lunch out, and only stayed 6 days, so it didn't get too repetitive for us. (By the way, El Capitan, just across the road from the hotel entrance, does very good tapas)
Our room was fine, and we slept well, never disturbed by any noise (we were on the top floor in block 2). If you're out on the balcony in the late evening you can hear the noise from the shows, but once you close the balcony sliding door, you can't hear a thing. Might be better though to keep the balcony door closed as much as possible to keep the mosquitos out - we did get a few bites while we slept!
Note: The notice board for the "Animation" programme is a bit hard to spot, it's near the main restaurant, but around the corner, so easy to miss.
The resort itself doesn't have much character, and has quite a few tacky looking shops & restaurants, but on the upside is just 10 minutes from the airport (and it's fun to watch the planes coming in to land!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa**** hotel, awarded with the prestigious Tourist Quality Q prise, is located on the beachfront in the privileged enclave of Caleta de Fuste. Only 7 km. from the airport and 15 km. from Puerto del Rosario, capital of Fuerteventura - you will be able to enjoy an amazing holiday. Its large and fully equipped rooms, its countless and superb services and its extraordinary location make our hotel a desired destination for all types of holidays: you can enjoy a relaxing holiday, a romantic getaway, an experience full of sports or even a business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Barcelo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Hotelopia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- Barcelo Caleta De Fuste
- Hotel Barcelo Fuerteventura
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa Caleta De Fuste