Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Villa Florida(Caleta de Fuste)
  • Bar/Lounge
Aparthotel Caleta Garden(Caleta de Fuste)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Costa Caleta(Caleta de Fuste)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Castillo Mar(Caleta de Fuste)
View Hotel
Broncemar Beach(Caleta de Fuste)
  • Restaurant
Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort(Caleta de Fuste)
  • Pool
Eurostars Las Salinas(Caleta de Fuste)
  • Restaurant
Barcelo Castillo Royal Level(Caleta de Fuste)
  • Beachfront
Hotel Villa El Descanso(Caleta de Fuste)
9,428 results
All reviewssuperior roomaloe barstarlight expressthe lion kinghalf boardplenty of sunbedsroom in blockevening entertainmentlovely hotelanimation teamlarge hotelchocolate fountainsalt waterpool barpool towelsvealmini golf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2009

My husband and I stayed here from 30th May until 10th June, on an all inclusive basis. This was our fourth visit to this hotel, so were expecting everything to be perfect, as it was on previous visits. This was not the case however.

Yes, the rooms are clean, memory foam mattresses, good views. Yes, the staff are very helpful, the entertainment is good overall, and Billy and his team certainly work very hard to keep guests happy. However......

The evening of arrival, we managed to have a meal in the restaurant at 9 p.m., and even then noticed that the quality and choice of the food was not of the standard we had been used to before. The next morning, I was ill with a severe case of "the runs", and felt very ill. I was confined to my room for 2 days as I couldn't venture far away from the toilet. On the third day I managed to go to the restaurant for breakfast, and only had dry toast. My husband had been eating normally in the restaurant. I have to say the quality of the food and the choices were very very poor. I certainly do not wish to eat boiled carrots for breakfast, or boiled aubergine and celery. The bacon was boned and very fatty, some burnt, some under-cooked, the same with the eggs, barely cooked on the griddle. The evening meal was a disappointment too. Every evening there was pork, with fish and sometimes beef , chicken or a steak. The chicken was cooked on the show grill, and I observed the Chef picking up raw chicken with his spatula, then taking off the cooked chicken with the same spatula, thus cross-contaminating the cooked chicken. Same with the steaks and the fish. The steaks which were very thin, were either raw or over-cooked, the raw steaks were put in the same dish as the over-cooked steaks, and the raw steak blood was dripping on the over-cooked steaks.
The puddings were repeated so much, the desserts at lunch were the same for the evening meal, and sometimes lunch the next day.

The other problem we noticed was that plastic bottled waters were not available until 5 pm. at the main bar. If you needed water before this, there were water fountains in the Aloe Grill, and disposable cups for this use. We did notice that some guests were filling up their previously used plastic water bottles from the water fountain, placing the tip of the bottle next to the nozzle on the water fountain, this was clearly a unhygenic practice.

On the 7th day of our holiday my husband became violently ill with food poisoning,severe vomitting and diahorrea, and a very high temperature, he was very ill for 4 days. By now, we were both highly concerned about the food at the hotel, and only felt happy eating bread or pasta, even though we were all inclusive. On the 10th day of the holiday, I became ill again, with similar symptoms as my husband. On taking to the rep, he told us that the week before we arrived, they were considering calling in the Health Inspectors as there had been numerous people taken ill with symptoms as ours. He also told us that there had been numerous complaints from guests about the standard/quality of the food.

Barcelo is a reputable named hotel chain, but they are failing their guests at this hotel. We made a formal complaint to our travel company and the hotel, but I doubt the hotel will listen to the concerns of their guests. It's a shame, as this hotel will lose custom, in fact, we think it already has, as the hotel was almost empty at the time we stayed, which had not been the case last year when we stayed there. On talking to other guests, they said they would not go back there, because the food was so poor. This is the case with us, we will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank twizzy1234
Reviewed 7 June 2009

We had a lovely time here, the kids loved it, we hardly saw them! They met friend's and were off playing pool, ping pong, mini golf, computers, football and swimming. It felt very safe here as all on one level and key access. I think this would be better for younger families as the kids club looked really good. Our children are 10 and nearly 8 and too old for the mini disco so we used to go to a bar called Pieros in their happy hour! 7.30-8.30. Then we would go back to hotel and eat -so to miss mini disco- then we would be in perfect time for entertainment. I do think they could have put on some good music before the mini disco though as lacked atmosphere in the main bar when nothing was on.
On my first might I asked for a white wine and when my husband brought it to me i thought it had bits of cork in it but looked closer and it had 20-30 ants/insects in it! Yuk! thank goodness I didn't drink it. Bar staff will look after you if you tip them, Alex was really nice and would do anything for you.
Food in restaurant wasn't great I have stayed at many 4*All Inclusives and this has been worst food so far. We are not fussy at all but pork chops and chicken every night gets boring. It was also very chewy. One night there was steak I was really pleased but it was like a bit of old shoe so couldn't eat it.
At breakfast the omelettes were cold, the bacon had bones in it too, it would have been nice if they were cooked fresh for you for your tastes. It would also be nice if they brought water to your table and tea as all they had was stewed bitter coffee. We were however pleased that they served bottles of San miguel and fanta and Coke that was good.
We got a car out to the beautiful beaches of Jandia they really do look like the Caribbean without the warm water though one was even better than Barbados! It was mostly German in this part.
There is not really much on the island to see we drove for miles without seeing anything or anyone!
Weather was boiling everyday so many people walking round burnt. The pool by the bar was perfect - I wouldn't get in if too cold. The other pool which was quieter was cold. I didn't once see anyone cleaning the pools or testing them like you normally do which maybe why my son has drops for an ear infection now.
The beds were fantastic though slept like a baby every night! Memory foam and massive. We did all get bitten to bits though I had jungle formula with me constantly after that it happened first day by the pool then at night but we found the mosquito hiding in the bathroom it seemed to come in and out the air con (which didn't seem to work either).
Overall a lovely week in the sun enjoyed by us all and we met some lovely people too.

Thank loveaholiday!Surrey
Reviewed 6 June 2009

Really enjoyed our stay here. My boyfriend cut his head in the pool, the hotel staff couldn't do enough for us!! They told us all we needed to know and then rang later in the evening to check and see if he was ok! Most of the evening entertainment was good, Starlight Express was out of this world. The rooms were clean and location was fab. After 3/4 days the food got a little monotonous, but Tony Roma's was just over the road!!
Would definately recommend it! A first for me....I didnt want to come home!! Thank you to all the staff x

Reviewed 6 June 2009

The Hotel was fantastic. The surroundings were clean and the staff were friendly. The Hotel is ideally situated overlooking the pools and the sea with the beach just across the promanade just outside the Hotel gates. Blocks two and three are the best to have for this kind of view. There were 2 adults and 2 children in our party and there was something for everyone. We were all inclusive and the food was great in the restaurant and the pool side bar, although while the restaurant was open the bar did not offer food which was a bit of a pain if you didn't want to go to the restaurant every lunch time. You were able to purchase food in the bar during this time however (which defeats the object of being all inclusive). Men have to wear trousers for the evening meal which was not advised in any of the correspondence or brouchure. It did cause some problems for some of the gentlemen who had only taken smart shorts but were not allowed into the restaurant. I think this information should be made clear before people book as there aren't a great deal of shops for you to buy trouser in the resort. The entertainment was fantastic and there was something for everyone everynight. Billy and the team work very hard. Overall this was a great holiday, in a great location. The weather was over 40 degree's everyday so high factor is needed. It is generally a quiet resort and best suited to families and couples. I would definately recommend this Hotel for a good all round break.

Reviewed 4 June 2009

Sometimes you book online and take a chance. Not here. From the moment we arrived we loved the look of the hotel. Had a very nice week holiday. Typically, all the other Irish were moaning about one thing or another. We really enjoyed our holiday. Can't really say much bad about the hotel and resort. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms are very clean and well maintained. The food in the hotel was good (but not great). The only problem i had was that we went with a young child expecting a heated pool, and we found out that it was solar heated, and that for whatever reason, the week that we were there it was absolutely freezing!!! Too much cloud cover maybe... the staff were rather non-committal about the reason. Real pity as we were looking forward to spending days beside the pool, and did very little of that. But overall it was very good. Local restaurants were very good. One thing we did very much appreciate is that Barcelo allow you to swap a dinner for a lunch if you are on half-board and want to try the local restaurants. This was great and we took advantage 3 nights. We found some great local restaurants (ask at the desk and they will recommend to you where the locals eat!!). Would definitely go back to this one, or possibly try one of their other hotels. Oh, yes, and the entertainment was FANTASTIC (admittedly we only saw two of the spectacles)!!! They did the Lion King one evening and it was absolutely amazing... honestly!!! Hats off to the staff for that one... Oh, and if you want cheap and decent shopping take the bus to the nearest city (can't remember the name)... took about 15-20 mins and we bought loads of clothes etc... great value. Hope you enjoy!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family