We stayed here about 3 years ago as a couple before we'd had our son, it was reccommended to us by my Mum who had enjoyed a peaceful relaxing break here. We enjoyed our stay although did find it a little quiet but said if we ever had any children we'd take our first holiday here.
June 17th we took our first holiday as a family with our 9 month old. We booked flights and hotel separate as found it cheaper this way. We got a taxi from airport which was 10 euros. I was very impressed as they looked at our son and brought out the correct car seat for him to travel in to the hotel!
We had to wait for a room as we arrived at about noon, reception said the room would be ready in 20 mins but 20 mins later they said an hr and so it went on! I found the service at the reception terrible! You could wait and wait and wait and then they would serve soemone else before you! Room was as it was 3 years ago, so the furnishings were a little tired in some areas, curtains and sofa but not enough to bother us. We got a second key card and left the aircon on and the room never got below 24 but this was fine for us.
I will say that I agree completley with a previous review about the buffet. It has changed since the last time we were there. I get the feeling they have done the to cut costs possibly? 3 years ago there were 3 chefs available to cook you a fresh pasta or omelette on demand. This time there were 2 chefs but they had already done the omelettes which were waiting on a plate, pasta was the same all done separate under a heater for you to put together yourself. There was only 1 type of fish available - Hake everyday lunch and tea. I don't eat red meat so did struggle, however pizza were nice but not every day! I found the food wasn't labelled very well so had to get hubby to check most things out before I could try! We were half board so we ate 4 evening meals here and ate out 3 evenings. On the evenings we ate out we had lunch at the hotel as they will let you swap dinner for lunch.
Despite the food we had a fantastic first holiday with our son. The resort had everything we needed for him, he ate alsorts and ceratinly wasn't ever stuck for a meal!! I won't go on about how baby friendly it is but will say if your undecided and want to ask anything at all feel free to email us.
For what we needed we were very pleased with our holiday and felt pleased with ourselves that we'd managed a relaxing week away with our son. I think now we're feeling more confident we will pick somewhere else next time but I would reccommend this hotel to friends with kids but sure I would to our friends with no kids.
Good value for money, we got what we paid for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa**** hotel, awarded with the prestigious Tourist Quality Q prise, is located on the beachfront in the privileged enclave of Caleta de Fuste. Only 7 km. from the airport and 15 km. from Puerto del Rosario, capital of Fuerteventura - you will be able to enjoy an amazing holiday. Its large and fully equipped rooms, its countless and superb services and its extraordinary location make our hotel a desired destination for all types of holidays: you can enjoy a relaxing holiday, a romantic getaway, an experience full of sports or even a business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Hotelopia, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, Barcelo, Lastminute, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- Barcelo Caleta De Fuste
- Hotel Barcelo Fuerteventura
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa Caleta De Fuste