We stayed at the Hotel during the Feb half term holiday, booking through First Choice. We have a 5 year old and a 15 year old daughter. The location is nice only a very short 10 minute transfer from the airport. Caleta de Fuste is small but plenty of bars / restaurants although we had no need to use them.
Like many have said on arrival (apparently especially on Wednesday) when we arrived at 1:00pm there is a big queue for booking in. I have to say the hotel put on as many staff as could fit behind the desk and my experience was that they were all friendly and helpful. Of course the main issue is that they can't clean the rooms fast enough from the morning checkouts to put everybody straight into their room on arrival. This leads to much angst, they staff can't give a room that's not clean and shouting at them I guess wont get it any sooner. My recommendation if you want a stress free start to your holiday is accept that would may have to wait a couple of hours to get your room. They give you a voucher for a complimentary Bucks Fizz or Orange Juice so enjoy this leave your bags and go and sit in the sun or do a little exploring. When you first arrive you fill in your arrivals form, one for each member of your group, you hand these in (we were given these on the coach by First Choice). You complete them and hand them in so you queue to do that then your wait begins. If you want to sit by the pool during your wait pack yourself a little pool bag with the essentials, cossy, cream and towels. You can get towels from reception by paying a €10 deposit (you get this back when you return the towel) however you have no chance of getting this on arrival so bring a couple with you. Another tip is if you are all inclusive you get given a wrist band, when you do go back to get your room make sure you have all your group there as they put the wrist bands on, if they are not there you will need to queue again.
We had booked 2 rooms and I emailed the hotel before I arrived to confirm that they were adjoining, they replied confirming they were before I departed. On arrival the rooms were in fact in different blocks! Without issue we were "upgraded" to a single family suite with 2 rooms one containing a bed settee. We were also upgraded from Half Board to Fully inclusive without any issue or indeed asking.
The rooms and the hotel were very clean, teams of cleaners, painters and gardeners were at work everywhere. There are a few signs of wear and tear but nothing that would put me off.
The food is buffet style but the choice while we were there was huge, very good quality and plenty of it. We had plenty of "English" choices especially for the kids but they loved all the fresh salad and fruit. The dessert choice was great with chocolate fountain day on Tuesdays and Fridays.
There are shows every night in the large auditorium seating about 800. It was very good quality, very well done and therefore very popular...apart from the Lion King night though we had no problems getting a seat.
The hotel was busy, plenty of kids about so if you want it a bit quieter don;t go round the kids holidays, we met a chap who comes for a month each year and outside these times he reports virtually kid free.
The biggest gripe which is well documented is the pools are cold...they do attempt to "acclimatize" one...some warm water was been pumped in but it is just too cold for the kids to stay in and enjoy for any period of time. Luckily we had read this before we went so we took a couple of rash vests and the wetsuit for the little one. If you are going early season and you or your kids want to swim I would take something to keep you warm!
People do bag the loungers even though the hotel says not to. again even with lots of people there we had no problems getting a bed at anytime of day.
Wireless internet can be purchased although it seems only to cover some rooms. A couple of PC's were available in reception area for those who need to keep in touch or access the Internet. We couldn't get Vodafone mobile reception, although Orange was fine.
Overall though we had one of our best family holidays, enjoying very nice weather, great food, friendly staff, the Spa, tennis and mini golf. We are booking now for next year...some great deals direct with the hotel :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa**** hotel, awarded with the prestigious Tourist Quality Q price, is located on the beachfront in the privileged enclave of Caleta de Fuste. Only 7 km. from the airport and 15 km. from Puerto del Rosario, capital of Fuerteventura - you will be able to enjoy an amazing holiday. Its large and fully equipped rooms, its countless and superb services and its extraordinary location make our hotel a desired destination for all types of holidays: you can enjoy a relaxing holiday, a romantic getaway, an experience full of sports or even a business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Barcelo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Hotel Caleta De Fuste
- Barcelo Caleta De Fuste
- Hotel Barcelo Fuerteventura
- Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa Caleta De Fuste