“Muchas gracias Castillo de Elba <3” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Elba Lucia Sport & Suite Hotel

Elba Lucia Sport & Suite Hotel
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Poland
“Muchas gracias Castillo de Elba <3”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We have just come back from Fuerteventura. It was our second stay in Castillo de Elba and definitely not the last one :) The hotel is perfect when you want to spend peaceful holidays among incredible people. We had a splendid room with beautiful views. The food was delicious and healthy, as always, and I absolutely loved the idea of including papas arrugadas in lunch menu :) However, the most important advantage of this hotel is the incredible staff. Everyone was so nice and helpful. Some people from the staff even spoke some Polish, which was really sweet :) The weather was fantastic. We spent lots of time sightseeing and playing padel. After a couple of lessons with Roger Nadal me and my husband could easily book a court and play padel together. That was a real fun! I wholeheartedly recommend Castillo de Elba. Saludos desde Polonia!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CASTILLOELBA, Manager at Elba Lucia Sport & Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear dizi7,

Once again we want to thank you for your confidence in our Suite Hotel Castillo de Elba.

It is always a pleasure to be your host and nice to read that you had a wonderful second holidays with us, enjoying the facilities and the sport centre. Thank you for your very positive value of the changes done since your last stay. It is important for us that fidelity customers do recognize all the improvements.

We hope to see you back again in the near future. Do not hesitate to contact us in advance for any special requests.

Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

The staff were absolutely disgusting, very rude and not willing to help at all. A lot off the staff struggled to understand English and were not interested in what me and my boyfriend had to say. The restaurant was below average with extremely poor service, the waiter ignored me and my boyfriend when we handed him our 50% off voucher and then the reception told us we had to pay full. The pool bar staff were also rude, no manners and was extremely ignorant. The only good thing about this hotel was the pool, would not recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jessica94walker
CASTILLOELBA, Manager at Elba Lucia Sport & Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Dear Jessica,

Thanks for sharing your comments about your recent stay at Suite Hotel Castillo de Elba with other potential visitors. All of them make us improve our service.

I want you to say sorry because you haven’t enjoyed your holidays as you wanted with us.

According with your review let me explain what happened with your 50% off voucher at the dinner; discount is only valid once per holidays and when somebody finish the service have to give it before we introduce the total amount of the bill. As we don’t accept cash payments at buffet, we give all clients a ticket to be paid at reception and you show this voucher at this moment not in advance. It was a mistake but soved by our staff and finally we apply it.

It is a pity you haven’t felt a good service from our F&B staff in contrast with the opinion given by the majority of our clients even on this web site; we work harder to improve but, on the other hand, let me say all workers of this department speak English and of course I can’t agree with you when you evaluate them “extremely ignorant”. All opinions are valid, but I think it hasn’t been appropriate.

We haven’t received any comment during your stay. It would have been appreciate to solve and maybe your feeling would be different.

Thank you for indicate pool is excellent and I want to inform you, we have other hotels from our chain in Fuerteventura if you want to come back.

Best regards.

Travellers are raving about these Caleta de Fuste hotels

Trowbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

Yet again we enjoyed another great holiday! Friendly staff (especially Inma, Laura, Guillaume and Mihail) Really recommend going fully inclusive as it is such good value for money. The free bus service which takes you down to the strip of beaches is really helpful and takes you down to some lovely shopping malls.The food was varied and very tasty.The daily maid service made it very relaxing. Such consistent reliable weather!
Will be coming back again.

Room Tip: No problem with my room apart from an extra pillow would have been useful
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank anthony o
CASTILLOELBA, Manager at Elba Lucia Sport & Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear Anthony,

First of all, I wish to thank you to choose Suite Hotel Castillo de Elba again for your holidays at Fuerteventura and the time taken to share your experiences with other potential visitors on this web site.

We are delighted that you feel at home with our facilities and because of you have been very pleased with the services provided by the hotel team. We appreciate very much you especially mention the friendliness and attentiveness of our employees.

The whole team is looking forward to welcoming you back soon to the Hotel, and please contact in advance with our reception department through mail, phone or fax for special requirements.

Moira, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

Just arrived back today after spending a glorious week at this hotel.My friend Karen and I felt it was important to share our comments for others who may want to stay here. We both read the reviews for this hotel and if we had listened to them we would have missed out on a truly enjoyable holiday. The hotel was clean and tidy and the staff were very helpful and friendly. To the person who reviewed the hotel and said the manager was never around I beg to differ. We saw him most days and he also introduced himself to us. He was a lovely guy and very accommodating. You got the feeling if there was any problems he wold ensure to sort them. altogh we never had any. Inma who was usually around for breakfast and at the pool bar throughout the day, was particularly helpful. After I woke up one morning with swollen puffy eyes from too much sun!!
(may well have been the tequilla sunrise's from the night before!) She gave me chamomile tea bags to put on my eyes with great effect! Certainly saved a trip to the the local pharmacy! Laura was also lovely and would go out of her way to ensure we had a good time. We cannot forget to mention the lovely Mihail who we do believe is George Clooney in disguise!! He would be there with a refill for our drinks before we even got up to go to the bar! All gave excellent service with a smile and it made our stay an enjoyable one. The food was good and catered for all. We liked the themed evenings as it offered variety and choice. The hotel was not busy and generally quiet. This suited us as we went to get away from the hustle and bustle of work to enjoy peace and quiet and beautiful weather. The pool was clean and maintained throughout the week and a particular favorite of ours...we spent every single day of our holiday alongside it soaking up the wonderful sun!! Got a fab tan!!! Plenty of sunbeds to lounge on so no worrying about getting one for the day. The surroundings were lovely and it was so relaxing! There is no entertainment in the evenings but this suited us. There are bars with entertainment in Caleta which is a 10 minute taxi drive away (about 5 euro's). There is also an Irish bar a short walk from the hotel if you feel the need to venture out. We were quite happy to play pool and watch the football in the bar though! This hotel is truly a hidden paradise...so what if there is derelict areas outside of the hotel? The beauty is inside the hotel and we are so glad we went! Would definitely go again!
Gracias por unas vacaciones agradables y por cuidar de nosotros! Esperamos verlos de nuevo el próximo año! xx Helen and Karen

Room Tip: We had a second floor room that did not catch the sun (219) making it a lovely cool room. It also ha...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ellie S
Dear Ellie,

I would like to thank you very much for the detailed review of your stay with us at Suite Hotel Castillo de Elba. As you indicate, sometimes we don’t feel the importance of share our comments with the rest of the community and they give us the opportunity to have a better feedback with clients.

It is a pleasure to read all your experiences about your holidays, but the best is to feel that it has been an unforgettable week for you and will come back next year. This is the main reason of our work. Of course I will pass your comments to all staff; in fact I have done as every single review we receive, because make us improve.

Thanks for mentioned the quality of food, the quiet ambience at the pool, the shuttle bus service,..., because we have been able to fulfil your expectations.

Please contact us for further reservations so you can keep enjoying the advantages of our Fidelity Programme, and to choose the hotel area you want to stay.

Gracias de nuevo por vuestra visita, enhorabuena por vuestro español y hasta el año que viene!

Mirfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

Although I didn't use the accommodation of this hotel I frequented the tennis, padel and squash courts, upkeep was the best I have seen in the area. But the highlight of my time on the island was the tennis lesson I took part in coached by Roger Nadal an English coach based at the Elba, the lesson was informative and instilled confidence in my game from the start, in the space of one hour my average game became a good style of tennis and I owe this to Nadal. Upon my inevitable return to fuerteventura,I will definitely book a lesson with Nadal and plan to keep playing into the foreseeable future and I am in communication with my coach and he is still helping my game even though he is over 1,500 miles away! Definitely worth contacting and if you are planning on visiting the island, find Roger on his website (simply google Roger Nadal tennis coaching) and get yourself down to the Elba!

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Dear Derek,

I would like to thank you about the time you have taken to write and share your experience with other travellers interested in stay at Castillo de Elba.

Despite you haven’t been allocated in our hotel, as you indicate, we have lots of sport facilities to be enjoyed not only for our clients. Much more, Roger Nadal is an English tennis teacher who is based in our courts with a great experience and it could be a chance for players to improve despite it isn’t a service given by the hotel. I will pass your comments about him.

Nevertheless, I hope next time you will give us the opportunity to offer your accommodation in the island and discover all services we have for our clients.

Please, let us know special requirements in advance for future travell plans back to Fuerteventura.

Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

I new what the area was like when booking the hotel. Development stopped many years ago leaving half completed apartments and areas of undeveloped land. We stayed all inclusive and booked this apart hotel for the tennis, squash and lounging around the pool afterwards. Which did not disappoint. Also we wanted to do some cycling but did not have time. The hotel itself is nice and we had the place virtually to our self, which made the service great. A big thanks to Inma, her service around the pool area was exceptionally good. I disagree with the rotting vegetation remark in the pool, a few leaves blow into the pool but the pool is cleaned daily. The Public areas seemed clean and well maintained. Nice reception pleasant bar and well laid out restaurant.The food I thought was very good, try the soups they were great. Lunch time is served at the poolside bar which was nice. Luckily we had a great week of weather, it might not be such a nice place to eat during colder days. All the drinks were served and in descent size containers.
The big disappointment was the apartment. We stayed in 308 which was clean but poorly maintained. The entrance door stuck the mattress was frayed and the bed frame seemed to be held together with rope! The furniture was tatty and uncomfortable. the faucet on the kitchen sink was loose and we had no TV worth watching. On the whole a big let down. Would we go again? With an apartment that was more comfortable.Yes.

Room Tip: Don,t be too fussy. Get one over looking the Pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank popey47
CASTILLOELBA, Manager at Elba Lucia Sport & Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Dear Popey47,

Me and my team want to thank you for taking the time of writing a review of your recent stay in Suite Hotel Castillo de Elba and share with other potential clients on this web site.

It has been a pleasure for us to be your host and made you spending a nice holiday. Your congratulations about the service will be shared with the whole staff.

In fact there is nothing more to add on your detailed review of the different services offered by the hotel.

I am sorry that the room conditions have not been to your full satisfaction therefore I want to take the opportunity to explain you that every year there are taking place different kinds of renovations of the hotel equipment, public areas and rooms. Nevertheless you can be sure that your opinions will be considered when planning the changes.

We hope to welcome you back again in our hotel so you can see the progress of our service and hotel facilities. Please contact us for further reservations so you can keep enjoying the advantages of our Fidelity Programme.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

Hello everyone just got back from here and had a lovely time and stay in this great retreat in the sun . after reading reviews on here ? I was very worried about our stay ?? Was pleasantly surprised when we got there what a really nice hotel ? Must agree with sum points but would say there was a lot of lies about this hotel ? Don't no what these people think the hotel is going to be like when you pay a little money for a very nice and clean hotel ? All staff were very friendly and help full ? Manager was very nice spoke to him over pepe ? Cleaners were also brilliant used to fold all our clothes when cleaning room ? Hotel pool was great seen them checking ph levels every day .Was only self catering so cannot comment on the food . calleta due fusta only about 20 min walk along the sea front with the chip monks haha lovely ? There was a lovely bar next to hotel called stoners they made lovely food and drinks and cheap too thanks to the lovely leigha ?? In the main town calleta there were pleanty of places to eat ? We went for breakfast every morning to Trafalgar full English 4 50 euro ? There are other places that do 2 breakeys for 5 50euro but are all very nice ? Had the chinneas buffet a few times and that was a bargain 8 euro pp with 2 free drinks also had tapas a few times in the best place on the island el capatan and went to fado rock a few times that was nice I recommend the fish paella mmm lovly ? We also met some lovely people there and we will keep in touch with then all ? Thanks to fuertaventura for a lovely holiday and I will back soon Keith and Alisha xx

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank keith w
CASTILLOELBA, Manager at Elba Lucia Sport & Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Hello Ashley and Keith,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with Suite Hotel Castillo de Elba, we are delighted that you had a memorable holiday with us. We are pleased that your overall experience with us was positive. Your feedback and insights are much appreciated.

My team and I are happy to read that you found our service and staff friendly and helpfull and that you do not agree with all the negative things written about the hotel.Your congratulations will be passed to everybody.

Thank you also for giving a detailed review of the surroundings and Caleta de Fuste which helps future travellers to get an impression.

We definitely enjoyed meeting you and hope to see you back again soon. Do not hesitate to contact us for future travell plans back to Fuerteventura and the Suite Hotel Castillo de Elba.

Best regards.
Hotel Elba Carlota
Hotel Elba Carlota
#5 of 28 in Antigua
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,722 reviews

Been to Elba Lucia Sport & Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!