“polaco”

Elba Lucia Sport & Suite Hotel
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Caleta de Fuste
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This hotel is a disaster, first we've been robbed by housekeeping lady, later on we find out that Wi-Fi is not free (website says different). Director didn't know how do deal with problem. only good thing in that hotel was waiter called Willy!!! Great guy with great customer service. Thank us Willy!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sylvek s
CASTILLOELBA, Gerente at Elba Lucia Sport & Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Sylvek,

Thanks for have chosen our Hotel as a place to spend your holidays in Fuerteventura.

According to your comment about a house keeper robbed in your apartment, I would like to indicate our staff work with us for years and no similar fact has been reported to us. Nevertheless, we have safe box in all our rooms, but if you consider this, the procedure is making a report at the Police Station.

I will pass Willy your positive comments about him.

I hope you will come back to our wonderful island, and please let me indicate we have other resorts with different categories where you spend your holidays.

Best regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,462)

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I was not going to bother doing a review on my stay at this hotel but, after seeing some of the favourable reviews I thought of that famous saying by the tennis player John McEnroe 'YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS' I have never suffered so much in a hotel such as this one. The room was so basic that it reminded me of a visit to a unfortunate friend who was living in a homeless hostel. The room was so cold and basic. The bed clothes were so thin and threadbare and were completely useless in providing any warmth or comfort at all, During the first night I got out of bed around two am cold and uncomfortable, put on my tracksuit and two pair of socks. The next day I obtained a blanket from the reception. The second night it was still cold and I joined my wife in her single bed it was so uncomfortable with two adults trying to sleep in a single bed.. The towels, I have used better to wipe the floor with. The food was woeful, thank God that they had bread and salad, I did not eat any prepared breakfast or evening meals due to the poor quality, the selection was a joke.The TV was 12" size with no English channels. I am very keen on keeping fit as seeing that they advertised a Gym etc. I was keen on my arrival to search out this facility, alas there was no gym, I found lots of empty building space, the Salon/Spa was an empty abandoned building, the tennis was 7.50 euros per hour. The area surrounding the hotel was like something from a bombed site, lots of houses built but unoccupied or part built and abandoned land that has been cleared and left as an ugly eye sore. The local newspaper had designated the area as 'desolate' I read the reviews on the Trip advisor before my holiday and thought it cannot be that bad, I was a fool, I should have responded to the review and booked another hotel. One final remark the week we stayed 6 couples had moved from this hotel a further two left early and went home. Suggestion, close the hotel down.
Have a nice day.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CJW37
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Trying to be objectiveand fair to this hotel I will highlight best points....there are non (maybe the hot water for showers) The hotel in general is so run down it should not even be open, towels and sheets threadbare. The rooms are so run down, I had no knobs on the dressing table drawers just screws, the inside of the wardrobes were falling apart. The food is was uneatable, egg soup! cod in carrot sauce! The location is poor, the area resembles a building site from the 80's that everyone has walked away from. This has to be the worst hotel that I have ever been to by far and the sooner the owners take responsibility and close the place the better.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Most of the reviews I've read about the Elba are correct the rooms could do with a little TLC etc we've stayed there for the last 3 yrs in January that probably says it all.the staff from reception.supermarket.room service,are absolutely fantastic everything we've asked for at reception was done for us, the pool isn't heated, big deal,if you want 5 star pay 5 star prices

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Howell K
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at hotel for 1week AI and as soon as we got here wished we hadn't bothered. The food here is awful, the rooms are really dated and in real need of modernising, the staff are great and are as helpful as possible but the fact the owners are putting no money back into the place means it just really is the pits.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WendyandNick
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel and it was not the hotel our travel agent was advertising but reception was clean and tidy checkin was quick we were sent all around the hotel to our room!! room basic and clean lunch was from the bar menu not the usual AI lunch but food was nice breakfast and dinner were nice good selection typical AI food hotel was quiet but after a busy xmas season it was nice staff were great esp willy who worked pool bar restaurant and the main bar reception staff were polite and helpful we had a dodgy tv an couldnt get an english channel but was fixed quickly and had sky news free bus is great best stop for beach is at the san jorge there is a bridge to the promanarde a few steps away You can book last minute tours at the hotel or cc atlantico lobos was great if your in correlejo go to the waikiki its hidden down a side road off the main street food was amazing and you can sit and eat on the beach altogether hotel and holiday was great

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank vlowe1984
Reviewed 8 January 2014

the reception area looked nice & the staff on reception looked smartly dressed so had good expectations

however the first problem was the light outside apartment wasn't working so had to fiidle about in dark to open the door
apartment was very basic but clean
there was a microwave & electric hob but no cooking utensils. kettles had to be rented but the supermarket was shut so no cups of tea until morning for us! it was cold during the night & the blankets provide were inadequate.
the pool bar & breakfast do not accept cash so each round of drinks needs to be paid at reception before another round can be ordered! what a hassle.
the pool area is nice & spacious but there is an area of bird mess beneath the trees . have seen the stray cats drinking from the pool. the tree outside our apartment had a tree full of around 20/30 chirping birds which on a few occasions woke me up

extras:

iron / ironing board 12 euros per week

safety deposit box 2 euro per day

all require 10 euro deposit

pack a travel kettle!

there is an hourly free bus which takes 10 mins to the atlantico shopping centre where there is a spar to do your food shop & the local beach

this hotel is in a quite a quiet area but there are many restaurants & pubs 15-20 mins away

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends